Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Item Insight - Pre/Post Release

Post Item Insight - Pre/Post Release

When it comes to new items being released I find that I often need to wait for someone else to buy it and then get their opinion on the item or ask them to use all the functions to see the animations. I think that we could improve on this by releasing a forum post with either a small video or a list of .gif images.

I mainly come to this with the new event coin shop being released and people not knowing what they would like to buy or if they should buy it. For example when I saw there was a whip I was kinda excited about it but then wondered what the animations were. For all I know they could be the same as Jeni Whip. This could easily have been known if there was a post made showing off all the new items.
    (I'm not saying all these items have been 'freshly made' but rather what are the animations / stats at the state of release.)

Now when it comes to showing these new items off I think the best way would simply be to post it somewhere on the forums. It could be as basic as something like this:

With there having been a lot of items being released this is where things become more pushed towards the staff side of things. I think the most efficient way of setting it up to be posted would be a level with npcs setup in rows and each of them with run one of the animations. (idle,walk,attack,etc....) As for capturing it I would recommend using ShareX as it has a built in screen recorder / .gif(v) capture. It also allows for instant or optional uploading too many different image / file sharing sites.

Example:
    (Triggered the Attacks / Stealths using a mousewheel event. Saves trying to time it.)

Let me know what you think about this and what could be improved upon or added to.
    Last edited by iBliss; 10-06-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added example setup

I'll be here from time to time. College & Work are my priorities for now.
    If you need anything from me feel free to ask.

Small projects going on here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ibliss View Post
    when it comes to new items being released i find that i often need to wait for someone else to buy it and then get their opinion on the item or ask them to use all the functions to see the animations. I think that we could improve on this by releasing a forum post with either a small video or a list of .gif images.

I mainly come to this with the new event coin shop being released and people not knowing what they would like to buy or if they should buy it. For example when i saw there was a whip i was kinda excited about it but then wondered what the animations were. For all i know they could be the same as jeni whip. This could easily have been known if there was a post made showing off all the new items.
    (i'm not saying all these items have been 'freshly made' but rather what are the animations / stats at the state of release.)

now when it comes to showing these new items off i think the best way would simply be to post it somewhere on the forums. It could be as basic as something like this:

with there having been a lot of items being released this is where things become more pushed towards the staff side of things. I think the most efficient way of setting it up to be posted would be a level with npcs setup in rows and each of them with run one of the animations. (idle,walk,attack,etc....) as for capturing it i would recommend using sharex as it has a built in screen recorder / .gif(v) capture. It also allows for instant or optional uploading too many different image / file sharing sites.
    (i will try and setup an example of what this would look like.)

let me know what you think about this and what could be improved upon or added to.
    agreed

Yah pls

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Ion carbine has a rocket launcher that you can take out and also has an onback hotkey so you can have both on your back.
    Ion sniper makes you 80% transparent when you are still so you only really see the outline, and then is darker when running and turns off when you shoot/ reload.

Ion pistols have a jetpack which boosts you 14 tiles in a short amount of time but has a short freeze so you can't spam it. When using it you travel the 14 squares faster than running but if you are in a race it's about the same as running if you are using it to transport to stop it from being unfair. Basically its meant to be used to dodge if there is a bullet wall coming towards you or to suprise people.

Ion katana has an onback hotkey and a personal shield. The shield works the same way as dual saber/ saber deflect so it blocks and deflects bullets. The 360 attack is a slower attack that can damage multiple people at once, hurting anyone around you within a 1 tile radius.

Ion Plasma Cannon works like a normal gun, it's more compareable to flame stat wise and minigun look/ animation wise. Comes with a shotgun that is similar to pbp but only shoots 2 bullets at once in close spread so it's easier to do 10 damage from longer ranges by hitting both bullets.

Ion Bow bubble shield is a giant cool looking shield that reduces the damage of the bullet that hits you by 25%. So 10 damage bullets will do 7.5 damage (will show as 8 since hp bar doesn't include 0. Numbers but its still 7.5) and so on

Not sure if this info is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Ion carbine has a rocket launcher that you can take out and also has an onback hotkey so you can have both on your back.
    Ion sniper makes you 80% transparent when you are still so you only really see the outline, and then is darker when running and turns off when you shoot/ reload.

Ion pistols have a jetpack which boosts you 14 tiles in a short amount of time but has a short freeze so you can't spam it. When using it you travel the 14 squares faster than running but if you are in a race it's about the same as running if you are using it to transport to stop it from being unfair. Basically its meant to be used to dodge if there is a bullet wall coming towards you or to suprise people.

Ion katana has an onback hotkey and a personal shield. The shield works the same way as dual saber/ saber deflect so it blocks and deflects bullets. The 360 attack is a slower attack that can damage multiple people at once, hurting anyone around you within a 1 tile radius.

Ion Plasma Cannon works like a normal gun, it's more compareable to flame stat wise and minigun look/ animation wise. Comes with a shotgun that is similar to pbp but only shoots 2 bullets at once in close spread so it's easier to do 10 damage from longer ranges by hitting both bullets.

Ion Bow bubble shield is a giant cool looking shield that reduces the damage of the bullet that hits you by 25%. So 10 damage bullets will do 7.5 damage (will show as 8 since hp bar doesn't include 0. Numbers but its still 7.5) and so on

Not sure if this info is correct.
    After reading this I feel like an good addition would be a nice spread sheet with all the weapon stats included.

I'll be here from time to time. College & Work are my priorities for now.
    If you need anything from me feel free to ask.

Small projects going on here and there.

I agree with Bliss entirely. Great new additions, but would like to know what I'd be spending my time on.
    Message me if you ever need advice, I'm not the wisest person on the planet but I'll do my best to help you out.

You can find me in-game under the name "Tim Z." or by searching up "Zephlyn" in the gangs section.

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by iBliss View Post
    After reading this I feel like an good addition would be a nice spread sheet with all the weapon stats included.
    I'll work on one.

It would be nice but it seems like a lot of extra time that would have to be spent showing the ganis when ultimately the ganis aren't what gives the item its value but its stats.

Statistics for the guns will come out shortly.

Newcomer
    I have an idea I would like to see implemented into the game to make it so you know whether or not to purchase an item. If each item had an option when you go to buy it that would teleport you to a room by yourself with the item, then you could test it out without buying it and you would not be able to kill anyone with it. Just to be able to shoot/swing whatever it is and get a feel for it. Maybe there could even be like crabs or something like that in the room that you could kill. Just an idea I think would be very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by mrserious777 View Post
    agreed
    agreeed. but what show/movie is that in your signature?
    You people speak of family, like you know what that word means.