Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Showing which staff are online

Banned

Showing which staff are online

The title is self explanatory, I think it would be a very beneficial to players if there was a way to check which PR staff are online at any given moment. I suggest this idea can be implemented in the Era-Go building at start, where there could be a bulletin board like feature in one of the rooms displaying the name of staff on at the moment. There can also be a "status" set near their names, displaying whether the staff are away, busy, or available to answer questions. This idea would also help the frustration that players feel when trying to address a problem to a relations staff, only to have no reply. It may in turn also help out the staff which are constantly bombarded with questions, as I know that many are accused of neglect of duty when in reality they are just overwhelmed. So... thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Lucero View Post
    There should be an added section in the list where you find "Star Friends", "Search Player Database", and "Blocked Players". The section should be "Admins Online Now" and it'd show all online staff, separating them by their department.
    that would also work, any sort of way to display a list of administrators online and their set status.

also i was aware that snk wanted to improve the tutorial for the game, so if this was added in maybe it could be implemented in the section where one adds friends so that newer players have a source to go to when they need help.

Ez just search "Player Relations" in the player search section

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur View Post
    Ez just search "Player Relations" in the player search section
    Please read the entire post before you comment, I said this would also show the status of the staff online so that players would be better assisted, if there was a feature that made it easier to access the staff names there wouldnt be a need for the searching and all.

This is a great idea, but it will take to much time to the Graal scripters and in my opinion, it isn't a priority.
    Last edited by Morganga; 10-20-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Banned
    This would result in endless spam...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Easy quickfix for this would be permitting staff set as busy or away to have pms disabled, obviously there are always downsides with an idea but the benefits for the community imo far exceeds the consequences. If this game is to become more user friendly there are sacrifices of course, and I do understand your concern.

Also I do agree with morganga that this wouldnt be a priority, I wouldnt want this as something that is prioritized, just something to keep in the backseat that can be added eventually

Thats why era made chat streaming

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    Easy quickfix for this would be permitting staff set as busy or away to have pms disabled, obviously there are always downsides with an idea but the benefits for the community imo far exceeds the consequences. If this game is to become more user friendly there are sacrifices of course, and I do understand your concern.

Also I do agree with morganga that this wouldnt be a priority, I wouldnt want this as something that is prioritized, just something to keep in the backseat that can be added eventually
    PR's can't really have PM's disabled as it's part of their job. The option to disable them would also result in them potentially abusing it and we'd have to control all of it. Not a well thought-out option, IMO.

But yeah - I understand how this could be beneficial but I'm under the impression that there would be too many downsides for this idea.

But yeah - I understand how this could be beneficial but I'm under the impression that there would be too many downsides for this idea.
    theres a downside for everything, theres also an upside.
    New to Era-Go? PM me.
    Ill do my best to answer any inquiry.