Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: West vs. Era (what your'e missing)

Lightbulb West vs. Era (what your'e missing)

Why is it that Ol' West has beautiful visuals, yet they essentially have an average of 300 players online at any given moment. Era, on the other hand, has mediocre graphs - better that classic and zone - but we have thousands of players online at any given moment. I feel as if there is something missing. Sometimes, I want to associate myself more with West than Era simply because of the graphics. This is odd, and I cannot fully explain it, but I really think West has like 3x better graphics than era. I am not shooting Era in the foot here, but I am just saying that West is simply incredible. Not only this, but they seem to have more active admins, interesting quests, enjoyable events, a gang point system, BIRTHDAY HATS (my favorites), etc.

If anything, birthday hats should come back. B-day hats had something special within them. But, I feel as if Era should go down for a month or two and get all the developers upgrading our graphics. Hell, maybe they should create an entire new map. Just get rid of the old. I say this because, being a 2012 player, it has grown repetitive. I know this is unrealistic and I will get unnecessary hate because I fluster people, but I think this would be a needed step into the future.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    I'm not a big fan of Ol' West, anyways.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Banned Sottocapo
    They dont have time to add b day hats
    Ever since ol west came out iEras development decreased
    Most iEra staff moved over to ol west

Banned
    We do the best we can with the team that we have.

Quests have always been high on the "passion project" to-do list but unfortunately there's always holidays being developed and a lack of scripters that can dedicate the time needed to develop quests at the level of quality the community would expect.

As far as i know, ol'west has (or had, i don't know how it is now) like 3 good scripters, and probably snk if they need his help.
    iera has snk (who has other responsibilities on top of scripting) and dan? There's not enough manpower to do those sorts of things

As far as Graphics goes, we've tried periodically to improve bad graphics- but you have to remember that era's tileset and default graphics are ancient. Ol'west's graphics were created from scratch probably - or atleast polished before launch. It's much harder to "renovate" the look and feel of the server when you have to manage constant content updates on top of everything else.

useless thread honestly,

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Why is it that Ol' West has beautiful visuals, yet they essentially have an average of 300 players online at any given moment. Era, on the other hand, has mediocre graphs - better that classic and zone - but we have thousands of players online at any given moment. I feel as if there is something missing. Sometimes, I want to associate myself more with West than Era simply because of the graphics. This is odd, and I cannot fully explain it, but I really think West has like 3x better graphics than era. I am not shooting Era in the foot here, but I am just saying that West is simply incredible. Not only this, but they seem to have more active admins, interesting quests, enjoyable events, a gang point system, BIRTHDAY HATS (my favorites), etc.

If anything, birthday hats should come back. B-day hats had something special within them. But, I feel as if Era should go down for a month or two and get all the developers upgrading our graphics. Hell, maybe they should create an entire new map. Just get rid of the old. I say this because, being a 2012 player, it has grown repetitive. I know this is unrealistic and I will get unnecessary hate because I fluster people, but I think this would be a needed step into the future.
    So you basically want era to shut down for 1 or more months? and risk half of the normal players not coming back?
    Dude, what is going on in your head?
    Im a 2011 player, and though graal did go down a bit doesn't mean its crap. The graphics are pretty good actually, so.
    Birthday hats were already shot down because of more NEEDED developments for the game. You honestly want hats over a whole reboot of way better stuff? Smh.
    New to Era-Go? PM me.
    Ill do my best to answer any inquiry.

That's because Unixmad paid certain staff which caused them to work more. I'm fairly certain the developers- Alpho and the other guy who I forgot the name of, definitely got paid which is why they they have some really high quality features.
    Things that most staff wouldn't dedicate their time to as it takes a lot of time and effort todo- unless of course they were being paid.

"Well why doesn't unixmad pay era scripters so they can have good content like west"

Because era is already a functioning server, and doesn't need it to increase its playerbase. West was a new server which is why money was put into the developers to get quality content to attract more players. Obviously in the long run it hasn't really worked out as well but it still boosted their server on for awhile when it first game out.

If you think west is better, then go play west. Nothing is restricting you to play one server, if everyone shares your mindset then west would be the server that has all the players and not era.

Sam is certainly right. Era isn't having a need to develop, as it is already pretty popular if you judge correct. Most of the players of Era are kids. Which brings to a conclusion that they have no idea what good and bad graphics is, in general. So they have no problem with that current situation, but foremost they just like the game and rather enjoy it within the features of it.
    Ex. Player Relations
    Ex. Newspaper Staff

Aviation
    Airline Pilot Dream

who cares west is a boring cowboy game for kids made my Toonslab Disney

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graal master View Post
    useless thread honestly,
    No it's not... This is a useless thread https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ea-is-too-good
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!