Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jailing Stats

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    new players wouldn't know it's a tutorial as it will be a map with other players on it.
    If anything, it'll be more interactive than the existing map which has zero player interaction...
    Just have like a tutorial guy who automatically tells a player walking into the level for the first time how to do something.

EX: When someone first walks into the shell shop a message pops up explaining how to learn the purpose of shells.

You shouldn't modify the tutorial if it is from the effect of hackers.

I know if I was a new player I would delete the game if every player I saw looked exactly like me, just a stupid idea overall, do you really expect to build a larger playerbase out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by AsiraderGraal View Post
    Just have like a tutorial guy who automatically tells a player walking into the level for the first time how to do something.

EX: When someone first walks into the shell shop a message pops up explaining how to learn the purpose of shells.
    I like this idea. Like an "active" tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    3 Hours is far too long.
    I would make the range about 30 minutes to 1 Hour.
    It's a reasonable time in my opinion, players should be punished for awhile for these violations, 30 minutes won't get the message across

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Lol so can't hackers hack their way out of the 3 hour thing?
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Isn't there already an option like that, you just go into edit profile and identify from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Yeah - but there should also be an option for already identified players to skip the tutorial.
    So that when you get a new phone or when you re-install the application, you don't have to do the tutorial again.
    - - - Updated - - -

Also I think that is slightly off because the Non Identified accounts, theya are usually ALTs so they can't get into trouble from there main accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by snk View Post
    Thought I would share this-

As of the 5th November 2016 there are 2,368 people in jail on Era.

Here is a breakdown by reason - due to rounding the %'s won't add up to 100~ all the time;
    GLITCH ABUSE: Volume-18 (0%) (Identified: 22%, Not Identified: 77%)
    HACKING: Volume-1605 (67%) (Identified: 21%, Not Identified: 78%)
    HARASSMENT: Volume-6 (0%) (Identified: 33%, Not Identified: 66%)
    OTHER: Volume-27 (1%) (Identified: 25%, Not Identified: 74%)
    RACISM: Volume-151 (6%) (Identified: 29%, Not Identified: 70%)
    SEXUAL HARASSMENT: Volume-242 (10%) (Identified: 13%, Not Identified: 86%)
    SPAMMING: Volume-3 (0%) (Identified: 66%, Not Identified: 33%)
    USD: Volume-191 (8%) (Identified: 34%, Not Identified: 65%)
    VULGARITY: Volume-125 (5%) (Identified: 31%, Not Identified: 68%)

Whats alarming is that the non identified players are the ones causing the issues. What do we plan on doing about this? We'll extend the tutorial and make it so they can't skip it. They won't be able to access Era main map unless they've been online for x3 or more hours.

As you can see Hacking is the main jail type with 1,605 people in jail. Of that, 21% are identified hackers (21% * 1,605 = roughly 337 players). The 78% which aren't identified equate to roughly 1250 players.

This is why we have the IP system in place... even though they use a VPN it's still annoying for them.

(These stats are a rolling 30 day log, so this is the stats of the last 30 days)

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

They can just tap on the phone icon, then press feedback, then type in "unstick me" and they're out.
    You need to patch this too.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    This reminds me of tutorial island in OS Runescape
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Banned
    To be honest there is no real way to stop "hackers". Half of the time these people are just messing around and not posing any true threats to the game. I think the three hour tutorial would be way too long and ridiculous, instead just make the tutorial long enough where it covers all the basics from jobs to how to trade. Also explain the jailing system. If this tutorial took say 10-15 minutes rather than the 5 it takes to complete it, it would severely hinder a persons ability to "hack". After all no one wants to wait even 10 minutes just to get jailed and restart again so there is really no need for such a long 3 hour wait.

It would turn off MANY new potential customers.

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid sky fighter View Post
    They can just tap on the phone icon, then press feedback, then type in "unstick me" and they're out.
    You need to patch this too.
    Tried that before it just says you can't skip tutorial

Maybe,we could have An Option like Would you like To continue?Or Jump right into the game?i think that would be most appropriate