Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something Ive taken notice of.

Banned

Something Ive taken notice of.

Hello All,

So recently while I was on graal I was discussing the matter of accounting sharing and how there are so many consequences that result from it. While my friend argued that there were no risk guarantee methods of allowing someone to use an account I stated quite the opposite. Now with that said on to what this post is truly about.

You see I had conducted many tests, and sought to find any true protective actions to make sure no harm comes to your account when deciding to allow someone to gain access to it. And while I do know very well that Graal Online is not responsible for the loss of an account, I figured there must be some way that the game can at least offer some safety net when taking this choice of action.

To that extent I realized that there was the revoke option given when accessing an account, however it is extremely useless to prevent damage as it occurs, in fact it's only useful for preventing it from happening or to ensure that there it does not happen again. But what if there was a way, a way to save your account from sometimes irreparable damage as it happens.

When using the revoke access the feature it seems the actions only take effect AFTER the user logs off the account while its in use. BUT what if it was possible that the revoke option actually removed any access of unwanted users both offline or on the account in one swoop? To me this would be extremely valuable to have as it could potentially prevent further victims, as the user would be able to remove unwanted individuals from the account. The link to revoke access could be delivered before allowing someone to go on your account, that way if something does start to happen it only takes a quick tap of a link to fix it.

So, thoughts?

This should be in the future improvements, though I think your idea is good, I prefer having to add a backup email where to we can revoke access using a website rather than ingame if the "hacker" is already playing on it, maybe enable revoke access on both ends. Yes it should immediately kick the player out of the game to take effect.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Good idea

Banned
    In case this post was too long for everyone I decided to simplify my explanation a bit.
    Lets pretend there are two people named bob and tom. bob has a graal account and wishes to share it with his good friend tom. tom then has access and everything is fine, but one day tom and bob fight. tom threatens to ruin the account and keep it afked and online 24/7 so that bob can no longer use it. bob however was quick to think ahead of time foreseeing that this might happen and sent himself a revoke request, but when he goes to try to regain access he find sadly that tom is still able to stay online with access as long as he does not log off of graal.

What my idea would do is not only remove all access from devices other than the one that sent the request, but it would also boot off any users that were online without access at that moment.

now the main concern that was pointed out was that people may just spam the revoke request to fumble up the emails, and my solution was to give it a five digit randomized code that appears when a request is sent. the code will also appear in the email so that you may identify which request is yours.

Special thanks to Bailey for helping me explain it smoother and making the idea more sound and viable overall.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Oohh this idea sounds nice.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Adelphos View Post
    In case this post was too long for everyone I decided to simplify my explanation a bit.
    Lets pretend there are two people named bob and tom. bob has a graal account and wishes to share it with his good friend tom. tom then has access and everything is fine, but one day tom and bob fight. tom threatens to ruin the account and keep it afked and online 24/7 so that bob can no longer use it. bob however was quick to think ahead of time foreseeing that this might happen and sent himself a revoke request, but when he goes to try to regain access he find sadly that tom is still able to stay online with access as long as he does not log off of graal.

What my idea would do is not only remove all access from devices other than the one that sent the request, but it would also boot off any users that were online without access at that moment.

now the main concern that was pointed out was that people may just spam the revoke request to fumble up the emails, and my solution was to give it a five digit randomized code that appears when a request is sent. the code will also appear in the email so that you may identify which request is yours.

Special thanks to Bailey for helping me explain it smoother and making the idea more sound and viable overall.
    You need to revoke access then login to the account, when you login both of you will get an dc/error message, their message saying someone has logged onto their account and your message will say someone is already logged into your account. He wont be able to log back in because you revoked and then you can refresh ur page and login.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    You need to revoke access then login to the account, when you login both of you will get an dc/error message, their message saying someone has logged onto their account and your message will say someone is already logged into your account. He wont be able to log back in because you revoked and then you can refresh ur page and login.
    If the player is moving you cant login though.

Banned
    No further option to revoke access is going to be created because you are dumb enough to share your account.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xBane View Post
    If the player is moving you cant login though.
    Oh yeah your right. I also noticed logging in with IOS doesnt kick a PC client off either way. PC will kick an IOS client but not if the character is moving. That kinda sucks xD.

But again, along the lines of what Asirader said, there is no way staff would take the time to fix something that is frowned upon in the first place.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Banned
    Well, while it is frowned upon by staff I do not think that means they have to ignore the issue. while graal is not responsible for what happens to your account it would be nice if they made it possible to have a way out from those kind of situations. So in that way while they arent directly helping you, they arent leaving you to fend for yourself either.