Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Does not Fit the Theme" Debacle

Banned

"Does not Fit the Theme" Debacle

So I have recently been making a few customs for people (non-human). I hve also recently been getting pms saying, "My customs were refunded for half gralats!"
    I checked the forums and what do I see? Heads being disapproved for "not fitting the theme". In the upload rules it is never stated that customs do not have to follow a specific theme. So I made a dragon head for swat after his octopus head was removed with very unjust reasoning. I made swat this and it was dissaproved:Even anero said all animal heads are allowed: Also regarding the issue, iEra simply has no theme. (You taking some notes, Anero?). On one of a few threads regarding this issue Froz makes a great point: Era is clearly advertised as having an Al Capone era, 1930's mafia you get the idea.
    Yet iEra maintains a healthy relationship with also inclduing things like Lightsabers, jetpacks, flame throwers, laser guns, robots ect.
    Because the theme is mafia and nothing in the game fits the mafia era, why are customs being singled out?
    There is also a very unclear set of rules as Tristanfoshoe has put it:

This is one of the reasons iEra is dying, staff are not doing their job right!!

Banned Sottocapo
    I made a rant thread as well

- - - Updated - - -

Bitzsam said that the ion weapons are futuristic prototypes

But i dont remember when in the 1930s when laser guns were being prototyped??!?!?!

Renamed thread title. You should know that's not appropriate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    I made a rant thread as well

- - - Updated - - -

Bitzsam said that the ion weapons are futuristic prototypes

But i dont remember when in the 1930s when laser guns were being prototyped??!?!?!
    well i summarized this. anero needs to take a seat and take some notes from the players. hopefully snk will see this and take care of anero once in for all.

All this rant over a silly head? I understand there's an issue but you should deal with anero about that through private messages
    yo

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    All this rant over a silly head? I understand there's an issue but you should deal with anero about that through private messages
    Not over one head but multiple

Banned
    Not sure why you're targeting me?

I disapproved one upload, that's it.
    Maybe you guys need to relax a bit and cool down.
    Rules are rules and they're in place to keep our general theme from disappearing.

And yeah, the game's dying because of upload rules you dislike... fair enough.

Banned Sottocapo
    Hallows quote me on this

1930s Al Capone Era
    1930s was the great depression
    Why do we have clothes, houses, food, FUTURISTIC WEAPONS(or as bitzam calls them "prototypes" oh yes trillion doller advanced prototypes during one of the biggest financial depressions), cars, skateboards, etc?
    It doesnt fit the cops vs gangster 1930s theme
    Sorry but you have to delete the game now as the entire game does not fit the theme

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Not sure why you're targeting me?

I disapproved one upload, that's it.
    Maybe you guys need to relax a bit and cool down.
    Rules are rules and they're in place to keep our general theme from disappearing.

And yeah, the game's dying because of upload rules you dislike... fair enough.
    Hey genius, theres no rule saying customs have to fit a certain theme

I agree with the fact that there is no "theme." Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Cops vs robbers has taken the backseat, and there was no way to prevent this. Era is a melting pot of artists who have different styles, which would warp the original theme. So I think customs should be more lenient with this subject.

And honestly I think the best way to restore the theme is to give Era a backstory and have a storyline with an NPC police group fighting against NPC mafia groups.

Banned Sottocapo
    Also fyi theres a ps3 in game(copyrighted), computers, FLAT SCREEN TVS, and a dance club?
    I dont remember those during one of the worlds biggest financial depression especially when um you know
    Three things of the four I mentioned didnt exist in 1930 yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    I agree with the fact that there is no "theme." Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Cops vs robbers has taken the backseat, and there was no way to prevent this. Era is a melting pot of artists who have different styles, which would warp the original theme. So I think customs should be more lenient with this subject.

And honestly I think the best way to restore the theme is to give Era a backstory and have a storyline with an NPC police group fighting against NPC mafia groups.
    This!