Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Countryside Update?

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    Imagine if we'd have had the entire development team working on it instead of like 2 levellers, an ex scripter and some prs lol
    It still wouldn't be finished

;v

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Most of CS is still the same as when Coop was working on it, however his questline that CS had will mostly be removed as it's unsure whether or not it was ever finished. Bits and pieces are done but a few older levels were lost in an error that happened a year ago which potentially were part of the quest so it's not really completable.

I rearranged certain parts of the map, and added a modern era twist to it which I explained I was going to do in the main thread. My 'revamp' is more or less done, if I was to give a percentage i'd say about 90%. I probably will try get some help to finish it off as after doing 30+ levels (excluding the multiple levels within each of those 30+ levels, which there are multiple of) also excluding the exterior/ overworld levelling for the buildings i've pretty much exhausted all my ideas and need another persons perspective with fresh ideas to polish it off.

I'm waiting on snk for scripting, he has done a little so far but there is still quite a bit to do. The free time he has is pretty limited since whenever he is on he is either needed for holiday scripting or has to sort out player issues/ staff asking him to help with stuff. You don't even understand, as soon as snk logs on, ontop of all you guys pming him about stuff, half the online staff warp to him and are also asking him for help with things.
    The stuff I want snk to try script are new kinds of things that we don't have in the main game so i'm assuming it will take a bit of time for them to be made working properly.

But when snk is able to finish off that scripting then that will put countryside in a state where i'm more or less happy to release it.
    Most of the bug testing is done with levels not having pk disabled/ npc script errors so it's really only the scripting, a small handful of levels and maybe adding in a couple more items to go.

We could release it now but I want it to have substance before i'll be happy with it. Substance as in stuff to actively do whether it's different jobs, mini quests etc so it isn't just a new area to explore then eventually get bored of.

You will know when it is being release when I officially announce it. Which i'm not going to do until it is completely finished and have like a week countdown rather than set a release date and try to have it finished by then as it was done in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't over hype it, yes it's been in development for several years but keep in mind that it has only been 1-2, at most 4 people working on it at one time. So progress is obviously going to be slow.

When countryside eventually is released I want people to go into it with a fresh perspective. No hyping it/ overhyping it as when you hype stuff up you create unreleastic expectations which become impossible to meet.

I mean just look at era mall, that was made with me specifically saying not to expect anything new as it was just meant for shop storage, yet everybody hyped it up saying it was going to be some kind of massive shop like an irl mall. And even though it DID have a large quantity of new items which were extras, people were still disappointed by it. Again, because of unrealistic expectations set by misplaced hype
    How many new bases? I heard 3. Btw thanks for the update.

WOW, if there's 3 bases why cant there be more admins helping :0
    This is a big deal
    Not joking I love basing
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

They canceled it
    Lel

Quote Originally Posted by Jou43 View Post
    They canceled it
    It's being worked on.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Add a section where players can drop those good old noob items. Call it the dark side of country side let the dropnfans come back that we've lost. Would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonfodder View Post
    Add a section where players can drop those good old noob items. Call it the dark side of country side let the dropnfans come back that we've lost. Would be good.
    Every time someone brings up dropping, it's always the same answer. No.
    Wizardly Weird

I wish I knew how to script and level, not just GFX. Because otherwise I wouldn't mind helping. Finishing it

"Everyone's a Falcon"
    www.KrioleGFX.weebly.com
    In Game Name: ItsKriole
    Since 2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriole View Post
    I wish I knew how to script and level, not just GFX. Because otherwise I wouldn't mind helping. Finishing it
    if you can gfx, you can level.....

Quote Originally Posted by RazFace View Post
    OMG THAT WORD AGAIN *shoots my self*
    I know right?

The people who say it doesn't match the era theme can jump on the godfather bandwagon, cuz they didn't read the game description.

Here's a quote from the beginning of the description

"Enter Era and find yourself immersed in modern city life. " end quote.

I don't think we're dealing with only Al Capone themes, people. Modern ideas, technologies, concepts, etc.

On a side note, I understand fully why they cancelled countryside. Took too much work for too few people. oh well, it was a god thought.
    The one and only

LEPTO

feel free to pm me

Special thanks to Froz for making my avatar