Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Complex Or MPX?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Well... Being brutally honest if there was no rewards no one would spar. Or perhaps they would, but nobody would go as far as 10k spar wins or any higher, maybe even less.
    Back in the early days of Era, people sparred for fun.
    No rewards - only for fun.

I guess with "no one" you're pointing at the newer generation(s) who weren't taught otherwise.

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    The next update will likely add something to MPX, at least partly, that many people have been wanting. So that issue will not really exist anymore.

Of course I could do a video with all stats max'ed out, but you need to know that adding a point of RoF/Spread/Freeze also reduces another statistic of the gun - it's a very complex system but that makes it well balanced. So not sure if that video would show anything helpful.
    Its not meant for help

Me and I assume a few others want to know what an all maxed out mpex gun looks like

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    Its not meant for help

Me and I assume a few others want to know what an all maxed out mpex gun looks like
    I would imagine it would look something like this
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

I dont see how you can have full firerate and full freeze on a gun? Would be like the ion minigun?. In order to make this happen you'll have to make the player faster like if they were speedhacking with a minigun. Thats the only way i can picture it. And lets not even talk about a full shotgun bar on multiplex, 50 bullets all shot at the same time. XD. Just insanity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

The choice completely depends on a player's preference. I look for a balanced environment to play in that requires competitive effort in combat and doesn't involve having to save up currencies just to increase my odds of winning, and for me the selling points for Multiplex is:

• The ability to customize your own gun stats to your liking, which is a huge departure from the fixed stats iEra guns uses and brings something unique to the game.
    • Large spar rooms are standard for solo/duo.
    • Everyone has the same gun with any combination of gun builds available to everyone at anytime; no room for superior weapons here.
    • No need to spend anything or grind for speed boost, just pick up the MPX gun and you're ready.
    • Competitive sparring that is a battle of tactics and skill instead of firepower and bullet-storms.
    • MPX offers variety outside of solo sparring, such as duo and Base Battle at this time, with more things to do on the way.
    • MPX is an active work-in-progress project that sees continued updates.

I think a lot of the perks for Multiplex are underrated simply because its rewards are not good enough to some players compared to Spar Complex, or too many issues with lag. Players today are generally motivated to participate in an activity when there are rewards involved; basing, sparring, pking, etc., all offer something players want in the form of a new gun or hat. Personally, I'm not interested in the MPX rewards (they're not bad at all in my opinion, I'm just not intentionally sparring for them). I just go in there to focus on improving my own playing style and developing strategies with my preferred gun builds. I simply enjoy playing in a fun and balanced environment that gives me full control over my weapon, and for me that is the true "reward".

For the lag part, Anero mentioned he has a solution for that earlier in this thread, which sounds like something to look forward to in the future.

Spar Complex is also enjoyable too though, and is how I got exposed to seeing lessor known guns that I like. Facing off against a large variety of gun types will always keep the sparrer on their toes, which works to their advantage for the experience. However, both the spar and pk rewards that are offered there usually makes the strong even stronger, which puts those who are not doing as well at a larger disadvantage. This is something Meph pointed out here: https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...732#post387732

Spar Complex is not at all bad though, it's a very active building where players with different guns come together to compete regardless of the match result. Both Spar Complex and MPX offer the real reward: experience.

In conclusion, the important part is to partake in the activity that you have the most fun in.
    Last edited by Ren; 11-27-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Well said ^^^^^ Especially the last sentence.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler