Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complex Or MPX?

Complex Or MPX?

Well... Complex has been having an official rivalry with Multiplex a little bit after it's release, those of us that were present at the moment of MPX's release noticed that your wins/losses counted towards your usual wins and losses statistics, this made me really happy at first, i was thinking "well, now you can either choose to be a skilled sparrer with the mpx way or learn how to control different weapons with complex" but a little bit after (a day after i think) there was a new statistic box, the one that counted mpx wins and losses separately. This really planted a doubt in my mind, i could either do mpx for its rewards or complex for their's. It was either a bunch of colorful knives and some skins that you could use within the building or 3 awesome weapons that you could take anywhere. I just want to know which you guys think is better and which offers us better stuff as i apparently "do not understand the concept of MPX".
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    I only started to spar maybe a month before mpx was released and I was having a terrible time, I think my stats were like 200-400 and I had only recently figured out how to win consistently. I think the main issue I had is I only have an fmg9 and a pbp shotgun on KarrenFoSho. Don't get me wrong, fmg9 is a great gun but you need a handful of guns in complex to fight different guns. Certain guns are good counter guns and you can have an advantage in certain situations with the correct knowledge of the guns. This is why, imo, Complex is harder and rewards are a bit better.

I think MPX is great for beginners which is what I think that Anero meant about understanding the concept of MPX. In mpx you can get a feel for the style of gun you like to use and then when your good at sparring you would invest in a gun that matches the stats you like to go spar in Complex. I like to keep an open mind and think that other things will be added to mpx but again if you prefer Complex rewards then go for it

I didn't enjoy Complex spar. I enjoyed MPX and I think I got decent at sparring there, so it makes me want to invest in a good gun for Complex. That is my own experience. I think this is the experience that staff envisioned.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

multiplex hands down in my opinion is awesome. it teaches you a lot abt your preferences with guns on graal.
    New to Era-Go? PM me.
    Ill do my best to answer any inquiry.

Banned
    The thing most people don't understand is that sparring is not about rewards.
    They're only meant as a bonus for the achievement.

Now, one of the main reasons for implementing a building such as Multiplex, is the current out-of-control situation with guns being overpowered.
    More and more people are winning because of their gun, instead of raw talent.
    Of course there are lots of people who don't (seem to) have an issue with it, and do actually enjoy how it is.
    So instead of upsetting those who enjoy the current environment, we have a central location where old-school skill-based play can continue to thrive.
    That way the people who enjoy the new-school guns can continue to enjoy them, and those of us who prefer skill-based play can hide out in Multiplex.

That's it, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    I think MPX is great for beginners which is what I think that Anero meant about understanding the concept of MPX.
    Completely wrong.

Just because MPX is fair & balanced, doesn't mean it's made for beginners? Skill-based play is just a feasible option for everyone, while you have to buy things to compete in Complex, thus making it unfair as well as far from skill-based.

You could now argue that Complex has more variety but that's also not true. MPX Gun has a base build + 10 points you can spend on gun modifications to make it fit your spar style. That is variety. Just because many people seem to prefer RoF/Freeze builds, doesn't mean it has less variety. It's just what most people are comfortable with.

I'd also like to mention that there's no rivalry involved.
    People who enjoy the current environment, go to Complex.
    People who seek skill-based play, go to MPX.
    Last edited by Anero; 11-25-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Banned Sottocapo
    A lot of people have told me that the only reason they hate mpex is because everyone there is a lagger and eats bullets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    They're only meant as a bonus for the achievement.

Now, one of the main reasons for implementing a building such as Multiplex, is the current out-of-control situation with guns being overpowered.
    More and more people are winning because of their gun, instead of raw talent.
    Of course there are lots of people who don't (seem to) have an issue with it, and do actually enjoy how it is.
    So instead of upsetting those who enjoy the current environment, we have a central location where old-school skill-based play can continue to thrive.
    That way the people who enjoy the new-school guns can continue to enjoy them, and those of us who prefer skill-based play can hide out in Multiplex.

That's it, folks.

Completely wrong.

Just because MPX is fair & balanced, doesn't mean it's made for beginners? Skill-based play is just a feasible option for everyone, while you have to buy things to compete in Complex, thus making it unfair as well as far from skill-based.

You could now argue that Complex has more variety but that's also not true. MPX Gun has a base build + 10 points you can spend on gun modifications to make it fit your spar style. That is variety. Just because many people seem to prefer RoF/Freeze builds, doesn't mean it has less variety. It's just what most people are comfortable with.

I'd also like to mention that there's no rivalry involved.
    People who enjoy the current environment, go to Complex.
    People who seek skill-based play, go to MPX.
    Could you make a video showing what the mpex gun would look like with all max stats?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz View Post
    A lot of people have told me that the only reason they hate mpex is because everyone there is a lagger and eats bullets
    The next update will likely add something to MPX, at least partly, that many people have been wanting. So that issue will not really exist anymore.

Of course I could do a video with all stats max'ed out, but you need to know that adding a point of RoF/Spread/Freeze also reduces another statistic of the gun - it's a very complex system but that makes it well balanced. So not sure if that video would show anything helpful.

Well... Being brutally honest if there was no rewards no one would spar. Or perhaps they would, but nobody would go as far as 10k spar wins or any higher, maybe even less. I think we all spar just for the rewards, if not, there is pretty much no point for it.

Completely wrong.
    What i believe he's is trying to say is that because all players in mpx use the same free gun any player, regardless their knowledge about the game, can start right off their sparring spree without worrying about getting a gun that can match the other players'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

The next update will likely add something to MPX, at least partly, that many people have been wanting. So that issue will not really exist anymore.

Of course I could do a video with all stats max'ed out, but you need to know that adding a point of RoF/Spread/Freeze also reduces another statistic of the gun - it's a very complex system but that makes it well balanced. So not sure if that video would show anything helpful.
    Yea make a video showing how different stats can actually lower another because some people probably dont know that and it could help them make better builds, also yea maybe reducing the amount of laggers is really good. I don't mind a little warp but when their running in place and you go to melee them and a wall of bullets hit you then you realize you're screwed

Also don't even try to bash on my baby multiplex because I hated complex spar, I saw no point in my little m4 going against m4a3s, vectors, Bars, p2ks. Also tbh the mpx rewards are sooooo much better than Complex. Like congrats you got 22.5k wins now just fork over 100k and we'll give you your reward. #complex logic

Also you have to ask the other person for permission to post pms

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons ĂȘtre.

William Shakespear

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar Misago View Post
    Yea make a video showing how different stats can actually lower another because some people probably dont know that and it could help them make better builds, also yea maybe reducing the amount of laggers is really good. I don't mind a little warp but when their running in place and you go to melee them and a wall of bullets hit you then you realize you're screwed

Also don't even try to bash on my baby multiplex because I hated complex spar, I saw no point in my little m4 going against m4a3s, vectors, Bars, p2ks. Also tbh the mpx rewards are sooooo much better than Complex. Like congrats you got 22.5k wins now just fork over 100k and we'll give you your reward.
    You can notice the differences by playing with the stats yourself. For example if you have 6 freeze and 0 rof and 0 spread against a build with 6 freeze 4 rof and 0 spread you will notice you have less freeze (as in it feels like 4 points on freeze) ^^

I could make a video playing with all kinds of different stats but the example I just gave is the best example I noticed.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Well... Being brutally honest if there was no rewards no one would spar. Or perhaps they would, but nobody would go as far as 10k spar wins or any higher, maybe even less. I think we all spar just for the rewards, if not, there is pretty much no point for it.

What i believe he's is trying to say is that because all players in mpx use the same free gun any player, regardless their knowledge about the game, can start right off their sparring spree without worrying about getting a gun that can match the other players'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is pretty true.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer