Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Protecting customs from being stolen system

Protecting customs from being stolen system

As we all know ifilers are lurking around era taking away customs that had been worked on for hours and then uploaded to their sites, then random players upload it as their own which leaves multiple players angered by all their hard work being stolen. Many thought that it's near impossible to create a script similar to the YouTube music copyright which analyzes music and checks if it matches any protected content,well, those players are correct.
    This is why other ways should be thought through as I have now which adds a somewhat better way to protect customs from being taken away and I thought of the following:

-Every player that uploads a custom has the choice to 'protect' a custom for a specified amount of cash (which will reduce the spam of protecting customs and prevent random protection)

-Every protected custom will be shown in a new button located either next to the achievements button or in the "Look" tab showing a small part of the image and next to it a date of protection

- when the player spots his protected head on someone he is allowed to report him for taking his head though the consequence is never a warn nor a jail, a staff member will check both parties for the protected head and if he finds that one of them protected a head that looks mostly similar to the other player it means that the staff will give a full refund to the thief player (since we never know if he knew it was stolen)

-in case both players protected the same head the one who protected his head first gets to keep it (depending on the date written next to the protected custom)

- A notification will pop up when the player logs online or is already online explaining why the head was refunded

-this will reduce the amount of fake gfx websites and will improve the human hard work

Anything this system needs fixing? Did I forget anything ? Tell me your opinions.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

yeah except 99.999999% of these "stolen" heads are actually edits, which you didnt make in the first place. you can't take credit for an edit as if you made it yourself, its just as bad as these "thieves" you talk about so loathingly.

Coming from someone who has made many many heads from scratch, it doesn't even bother me when people ifile my work. it just means they like it and want to enjoy it as well.

EDIT: also whats to stop someone from stealing a head and then using your protection system on it? how would admins tell the difference? there arent upload dates saved

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Won't happen.
    There will be reports left, right and center.
    Ifiling can not be stopped unless all files are kept to the server (not gunna happen).
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Quote Originally Posted by rorriM View Post
    yeah except 99.999999% of these "stolen" heads are actually edits, which you didnt make in the first place. you can't take credit for an edit as if you made it yourself, its just as bad as these "thieves" you talk about so loathingly.

Coming from someone who has made many many heads from scratch, it doesn't even bother me when people ifile my work. it just means they like it and want to enjoy it as well.

EDIT: also whats to stop someone from stealing a head and then using your protection system on it? how would admins tell the difference? there arent upload dates saved
    You're right as long as the edits won't look like the original ones I believe that it can be protected and you might be okay with it getting uploaded but many aren't, you can have a choice onto reporting the player for stealing it and upload dates aren't saved that's true, but it's not that hard to save a date for an action, every pm you send has a date on it so why not protections?
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting

the idea is good but i think that you need to pay extra money will ruin it i mean if im original artist and i upload my head why i cant have protection for free i think that there need to be a way to send the original file of the head that made from scratch somewhere then admins can see it and know if someone edit it or steal it and the original maker will be able to have it only and if someone steal upload he get 50% refund

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Won't happen.
    There will be reports left, right and center.
    Ifiling can not be stopped unless all files are kept to the server (not gunna happen).
    I didn't claim that we have to stop ifilers, i suggested a method into protecting the customs some players don't want to share
    Reports are always everywhere, there can always be tab for 'custom protection review' since it's not in a hurry type of report

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WreX View Post
    the idea is good but i think that you need to pay extra money will ruin it i mean if im original artist and i upload my head why i cant have protection for free i think that there need to be a way to send the original file of the head that made from scratch somewhere then admins can see it and know if someone edit it or steal it and the original maker will be able to have it only and if someone steal upload he get 50% refund
    I thought about that aswell though admins can't memorize that many heads and i know paying extra can be a pain but it'll reduce the amount of random protections, if divorcing would be free id marry and divorce every day, if giving dolls were free I'd randomly give dolls to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    I didn't claim that we have to stop ifilers, i suggested a method into protecting the customs some players don't want to share
    Reports are always everywhere, there can always be tab for 'custom protection review' since it's not in a hurry type of report

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about that aswell though admins can't memorize that many heads and i know paying extra can be a pain but it'll reduce the amount of random protections, if divorcing would be free id marry and divorce every day, if giving dolls were free I'd randomly give dolls to players.
    maybe they will give like special item that show ur graphic artist for contest winners or something like this

Banned
    unique idea. a solution similar to this is the only one that will work. players could just take pictures of heads whne they face up down left right and put it into a template or they could ifile it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    unique idea. a solution similar to this is the only one that will work. players could just take pictures of heads whne they face up down left right and put it into a template or they could ifile it.
    That's the idea, human interaction is the only method to fix it up, 2 heads look the same? One of them is taken from the other and only the human eye can know if they look alike, unless a brilliant genious can create that type of script

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    That's the idea, human interaction is the only method to fix it up, 2 heads look the same? One of them is taken from the other and only the human eye can know if they look alike, unless a brilliant genious can create that type of script
    Not a genius
    But im pretty sure its possible to make a image scanner
    That scans two images pixel by pixel and points out differences