Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Protecting customs from being stolen system

Country side hasn't been finished yet how do you expect them to work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg1861 View Post
    Country side hasn't been finished yet how do you expect them to work on this.

Countryside's problem is the lack of LAT that work on it and some minor scripts I believe, this system might take time but I don't think it has anything to do with countryside
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

What if i have 2heads for example or more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    What if i have 2heads for example or more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Then you can protect 2 heads or more that's why an extra fee is needed
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting

I support your idea
    amirite?

Banned Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkGraal View Post
    then perhaps dr detroit isn't stealing because he put everyone's customs on his public site.
    You're comparing taking stuff out of the games files an doutting it on a site
    To making/editing a custom and then putting on a site?

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    As we all know ifilers are lurking around era taking away customs that had been worked on for hours and then uploaded to their sites, then random players upload it as their own which leaves multiple players angered by all their hard work being stolen. Many thought that it's near impossible to create a script similar to the YouTube music copyright which analyzes music and checks if it matches any protected content,well, those players are correct.
    This is why other ways should be thought through as I have now which adds a somewhat better way to protect customs from being taken away and I thought of the following:

-Every player that uploads a custom has the choice to 'protect' a custom for a specified amount of cash (which will reduce the spam of protecting customs and prevent random protection)

-Every protected custom will be shown in a new button located either next to the achievements button or in the "Look" tab showing a small part of the image and next to it a date of protection

- when the player spots his protected head on someone he is allowed to report him for taking his head though the consequence is never a warn nor a jail, a staff member will check both parties for the protected head and if he finds that one of them protected a head that looks mostly similar to the other player it means that the staff will give a full refund to the thief player (since we never know if he knew it was stolen)

-in case both players protected the same head the one who protected his head first gets to keep it (depending on the date written next to the protected custom)

- A notification will pop up when the player logs online or is already online explaining why the head was refunded

-this will reduce the amount of fake gfx websites and will improve the human hard work

Anything this system needs fixing? Did I forget anything ? Tell me your opinions.
    I do not think this is going to happen. There are countless numbers of customs with infinite ways players can edit it such that using it no longer infringes the copyright act and if it were to be added to a tab showing all the customs, how many millions of customs will there be and who would be in the right mind to scrutinize every single head to look for a similarity or evidence of copyright?
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    I do not think this is going to happen. There are countless numbers of customs with infinite ways players can edit it such that using it no longer infringes the copyright act and if it were to be added to a tab showing all the customs, how many millions of customs will there be and who would be in the right mind to scrutinize every single head to look for a similarity or evidence of copyright?
    Again this is why human interaction is needed, if the customs looks similar to a protected one (using the human eye and brain) I think I should make a drawing showing how it'll work out for a better explanation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletzone View Post
    Won't happen.
    There will be reports left, right and center.
    Ifiling can not be stopped unless all files are kept to the server (not gunna happen).
    I was on a multiplayer FB game and I was using a file editing program, i edited lots of things and people called me a hacker, i wanted to do it again (copy files and edit and put them back again) but it was patched.