Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Ways To Improve Staff

Banned

Some Ways To Improve Staff

A lot of people have complained about the unprofessional and inexperienced behavior of the staff team. Most people will call the system corrupt, and while I think there are large problems with the staff team I don't think it is largely to blame on the High Staff, but rather how the game handles on hiring and training people. So here are a few suggestions I have thought of to greatly help the team

1. PRs have better training tutorials. : From what I can understand at the moment the current training is simply a level that the staff walk through to learn the rules. I may not be 100% correct but from what staff have told me this is about what it is expected to be. Instead have new PRs shadow SPRs or Veteran PRs to learn how to do things properly before taking on their own reports and issues. Have them understand the rules completely in its entirety and be able to make decisions based on said rules.

2. Offer more trial positions with graphics. : Pretty self explanatory, like Amazing Ace was maybe there should be more trials that can have a chance to experience the responsibilities of being a GFX admin before they are hired. Let these players experience the work load and give them tasks to see how they would fare as an admin. Involve the GFX community more, we have talented GFXers that have gone unnoticed and neglected for too long.

3. Look to extend your horizons on who you are hiring for all staff positions. : There are certain staff that have over 20+ warns and jails and yet are hired for certain positions. If they can be hired there is no reason why people with similar circumstances can't be hired. People change, and honestly hiring all these new players really isn't helping the game. There are people who have been here since the beginning and would serve well to help keep the community alive.

4. Look to create competitions involving SFX. : Graphics HQ always have competitions for things such as Halloween and Christmas. Yet there is a large untapped potential that remains with the community in regards to SFX. With our only current SFX admin being promoted there is now a vacancy, maybe we should try to notice all those people who work hard to create music and sounds, there are plenty of them, give them an outlet and a voice as well.

5. Move some of the overcrowded spaces in the PR department and move them into vacant or open positions. : There are plenty of jobs that can be filled with more staff such as Gang Admins and Gun Admins. Gang Admins require no preset skill besides common knowledge of the rules, and to be quite honest one really isn't enough to handle the responsibilities involving gangs.

Here's a thought, quit hiring 12 year old's as PR

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    It all sounds pretty good but I'd like to comment on number 1 and 2.

1.) I think it's fine the way they train the PR, it really should be quick and simple. I am sure the higher staff give them links to the rules. I mean either the person gets it or they don't. SNK, Ace and Anero get rid of the PR's who don't live up to expectation and that just means there will be positions available more frequently. I believe even if they would spend a lot more time training people it still pretty much comes down to a coin toss whether they will be efficient.

2.)I really like this idea. Especially about giving duties to see if they can actually fulfill them efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morphin View Post
    Here's a thought, quit hiring 12 year old's as PR
    I really don't feel age has much to do with it.
    Last edited by tristanfosho; 12-01-2016 at 08:05 PM.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iJad M View Post
    @Anero
    lol
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Fully agree.

Banned
    I've made that tutorial you're talking about... took me a good three weeks to make.

Back when I was hired... there weren't any tutorials.
    I've logged on, got a quick breakdown of the rules & that's it.
    Then went on to do reports and explored everything myself.

There are just very few people who are capable of being a good staff member and it's not as easy to find them. Shouldn't blame our tutorials. We always remove people who abuse or don't live up to our expectations anyway.

They are volunteers. 95% of the players on this game are still children.
    Now tell me more about ensuring that every single person we attempt to hire is worth it at the end of the day. You just can't prevent it - but we're doing our best to keep our team on a very professional level.

idk what this is
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    I've made that tutorial you're talking about... took me a good three weeks to make.

There are just very few people who are capable of being a good staff member and it's not as easy to find them. Shouldn't blame our tutorials. We always remove people who abuse or don't live up to our expectations anyway.

Now tell me more about ensuring that every single person we attempt to hire is worth it at the end of the day. You just can't prevent it - but we're doing our best to keep our team on a very professional level.
    Apparently normal children can be professional.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post

Anero, your tutorial isn't a bad one and for that I give you props. It's a very proactive thing for you to do and I agree with what you say for the most part. My post was not made to call the tutorial bad by any standards, however I was just adding on the idea that maybe having new volunteers shadow what older PRs do would help them more beyond what your tutorial offers.

Also, I was not solely focused on the tutorial as there were other things I suggested that might help. I'm not being critical of the staff in a bad way, I'm just being constructive. I care about this community just as much as you do so I just want to be able to do my part and help in ways that I find appropriate to me.

Usually trials were active on era dev ehh rip dev server. And too many gfx staff will require more time and work for the department lead to check logs and Hear them out etc. Plus gfx is pretty much the only Job that also allows the community to contribute.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk