Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackboard for Gangs

Blackboard for Gangs

Hey. I believe it'd be a pretty good idea to add a blackboard for gangs. The blackboard's purpose would be to mass relevant messages to your gang to inform them what's happening, etc. If you've ever played Graal Era on the Playerworlds, they have the same exact thing and I'm not saying we have to copy their style but iEra is based off Era Playerworlds, so our staff could always modify it to better use and taking advantage of this system by optimizing it, etc.

Many gangs use messenger apps such as 'kik' to collaborate on ideas and to send important information. Adding the blackboard feature to the gangs would substitute any outside apps and would have more use. I find it annoying when I have to copy and paste my messages and privately message each individual gang member when I could just post the information on the blackboard.

How?
    A system to set up the blackboard is to allow the leader of the gang to give certain players (preferably ranks) to comment in the blackboard. To avoid blackboards being clogged with spammed chat, Rank 4+ should be the only rank to be permitted to comment on the blackboard. Gang members should have full rights to VIEW the blackboard but not have rights to comment on the blackboard until that rank is given.

Now, you're probably wondering why do we need a blackboard for our gangs if we have gang news? The blackboard's main purpose is to send mass messages out to your gang members PRIVATELY. Gang news has full view from anyone's perspective that decides to look up the gang, blackboard is only permitted for the players IN the gang.

Let me know what you guys think, full opinions whether it's a great idea or not. Please explain why you don't believe it's a great idea; vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealStriker View Post
    The blackboard's main purpose is to send mass messages out to your gang members PRIVATELY.
    Gang chat?
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Gang chat?
    No? Members log off on and on, it's there to be viewable for a period of time. Also re-read what I said, it's used to send out IMPORTANT information, mainly to inform ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealStriker View Post
    No? Members log off on and on, it's there to be viewable for a period of time. Also re-read what I said, it's used to send out IMPORTANT information, mainly to inform ranks.
    That's why Big gangs have a KIK group chat...
    And since KIK is free it is the best option.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Isn't this why there is a gang news that the leader can edit, i realise most leaders use it to display ranks and gang allies, this appears every time a player logs on. You can just simply put news about the gang instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasGraalOnlineEra View Post
    That's why Big gangs have a KIK group chat...
    And since KIK is free it is the best option.
    Didn't I just say it will SUBSTITUTE kik? That's another perk for the blackboard, it's better to have in-game features which helps the game grow more freely if you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by KipGraal View Post
    Isn't this why there is a gang news that the leader can edit, i realise most leaders use it to display ranks and gang allies, this appears every time a player logs on. You can just simply put news about the gang instead.
    Dude you really do not read effectively, I feel like you just skimmed through the whole thing. I clearly explained that it's for a 'private' use, gang news is viewable to anyone. Blackboard allows you to mass out information that you don't want other gangs to see

Not really most of the gangs use out apps to spam it when there is raid plus talking giving information etc but mainly used for raids or getting the members online

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beo View Post
    Not really most of the gangs use out apps to spam it when there is raid plus talking giving information etc but mainly used for raids or getting the members online

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was only making an example, but many use it to communicate with others when they're offline. And I wasn't talking about anything in particular about spamming but to AVOID spam for the blackboard, the leader could set a certain rank for those that may speak in the blackboard.

The leader or who ever could send messages to the players offline. IF they put notifications on. Solved
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer