Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A system for regulating the prices of items

A system for regulating the prices of items

I have heard several players asking for price guide and some have had a sort of a "Price guide" in their house, however, I do not think that it is very accessible nor reliable taking into account the fact that there are many items, and the prices vary with time.

Hence, I was wondering if the game could establish another tab on the forums to show the max and min prices of items that were in transaction every hour.
    The whole system updates itself hourly so as to get the latest max,min and average price for the items. I know this can be difficult as there are many items being traded everyday and there are many items that can represent money, so perhaps players who traded a certain item can indicate the price of the item on the tab and the tab will take the lowest and highest prices that were indicated. If possible, an average can be taken of all those who entered a price.

In case you cannot visualize, for example, player A traded a crab dagger for 200 trochus and he keyed the price of 600 gralats into the system, another player who sold his crab dagger at 50 shrooms keyed in a price of 250 gralats, then the system will take the price of 250 gralats as the lowest price for the item. same for the max price.

The whole systems works on trust and every player has to be honest with their prices.

I am aware that there may be some players who wants to sell their items at high prices so some may resort to faking their prices. So, the system can get the average of the prices of the item and show the name of the players who typed in their prices, to minimize fake prices. (If a player types in too many times, it is obvious he or she is lying) The system also works in a supply-demand way, so players can check the number of transactions of the item hourly (as the system updates hourly), a high transaction of an item indicates a high demand and it would be the best time to sell a particular item.

I don't know if the admins would allow. feel free to voice out your opinions.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Street Boss Lieutenant Josh Graal's Avatar
    If price houses aren't reliable I don't see how trusting traders with a community system would be. There's no doubt that people would put in fake prices and the system would just be abused and become a mess, people want to raise the price of their items, they want to hustle. I don't think an average would do much good either because people usually work in gangs = multiple people putting in fake prices. There's countless ways I could think of to exploit this system.
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Graal View Post
    If price houses aren't reliable I don't see how trusting traders with a community system would be. There's no doubt that people would put in fake prices and the system would just be abused and become a mess, people want to raise the price of their items, they want to hustle. I don't think an average would do much good either because people usually work in gangs = multiple people putting in fake prices. There's countless ways I could think of to exploit this system.
    price houses are usually done by one or tow individuals but doing it in a large community will reduce inaccurate prices. the system can be improved by limiting the number of prices that can be keyed in. the system will also be updated every hour so people can exploit, but not for long. If there are people who want to raise the prices by lying, there will also be people who would lie the prices to lower the price, thereby creating a moderating effect. Sellers want high prices, buyers want low ones. Players would have to trade first before keying in the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    price houses are usually done by one or tow individuals but doing it in a large community will reduce inaccurate prices. the system can be improved by limiting the number of prices that can be keyed in. the system will also be updated every hour so people can exploit, but not for long. If there are people who want to raise the prices by lying, there will also be people who would lie the prices to lower the price, thereby creating a moderating effect. Sellers want high prices, buyers want low ones. Players would have to trade first before keying in the prices.
    Price houses usually work so they raise/drop the price for themselves/friends or in return for payment. The amount of people trying to raise/lower prices will cause no moderating effect, only mess. Even after trading you could still lie, unless the system logged your trade automatically and added it, stopping players from having the ability to put their own prices in (that's what I was hoping your idea would be when I clicked on the thread)
    If you're looking for a playerworlds server to learn development on join: https://discord.gg/t62fnhn, no application needed.

Price houses usually work so they raise/drop the price for themselves/friends or in return for payment. The amount of people trying to raise/lower prices will cause no moderating effect, only mess. Even after trading you could still lie, unless the system logged your trade automatically and added it, stopping players from having the ability to put their own prices in (that's what I was hoping your idea would be when I clicked on the thread)
    well, anyway the system works. I just doubt it would be possible that the transactions can be auotmatically logged in. There can always be modifcations to this idea, need not follow them fully.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    well, anyway the system works. I just doubt it would be possible that the transactions can be auotmatically logged in. There can always be modifcations to this idea, need not follow them fully.
    The system would work in code, but it wouldn't be stable or reliable in the slightest. I't's also possible to log automatically trades, high staff can view trade logs I believe.

The system would work in code, but it wouldn't be stable or reliable in the slightest. I't's also possible to log automatically trades, high staff can view trade logs I believe.
    Prices are constantely changing. If 1 player hoards items such as chainsaws he can control it. Bruc bought almost all chainsaws and exotic coins and got chain increased from 15k-18k to over 30k.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Revla View Post
    Prices are constantely changing. If 1 player hoards items such as chainsaws he can control it. Bruc bought almost all chainsaws and exotic coins and got chain increased from 15k-18k to over 30k.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    That's why the system works in a supply and demand way since there are high demands for chainsaw the prices will increase. That's how the system should work for every other item.

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Hmm...I think the only way to have a "Fair" trading system (which I think is your aim here) would be to add a script to keep track of how much trochus items sell for and show an average. I have a feeling that would be a very complicated script considering all the different items.

Even if such a system was added, I could use both my accounts and rip myself off to lower the prices to trick someone later.

I keep trying to think of all the possibilities but the only solution is trade at your own risk. Be sure to check MANY price houses and don't trust those select few who advertise their house in start trade. I spend 99 percent of my time in start trade watching prices. I've ripped people off really bad and been ripped off and learned something from it from time to time. That is the fun of trading.

Keep in mind that items will only sell for what the owner wants. Just because you "overpay" for something as long as you don't sell it for less than you paid you haven't really overpaid

I know hustlers who will sell you something. Then immediately say you overpaid and they tricked you and laugh at you and make fun of you to make you feel bad. Then you will question if you overpaid or not and you might ask the price of the item you bought in overhead chat and they will have their friend PM you a lower amount then you paid. They might even spam you with really lowball offers on alternate accounts to trick you into selling the item less than you paid. It's funny because a lot of times when this happens it was the person who sold it from you trying to buy it back to gain instant profit.

That is simply one example of pro hustlers at their finest.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

I'm gonna make a pastebin later with every price for every item

I don't know prices so it'll be random basically
    ------------------------------------------------------------------