Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A system for regulating the prices of items

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    Hmm...I think the only way to have a "Fair" trading system (which I think is your aim here) would be to add a script to keep track of how much trochus items sell for and show an average. I have a feeling that would be a very complicated script considering all the different items.

Even if such a system was added, I could use both my accounts and rip myself off to lower the prices to trick someone later.

I keep trying to think of all the possibilities but the only solution is trade at your own risk. Be sure to check MANY price houses and don't trust those select few who advertise their house in start trade. I spend 99 percent of my time in start trade watching prices. I've ripped people off really bad and been ripped off and learned something from it from time to time. That is the fun of trading.

Keep in mind that items will only sell for what the owner wants. Just because you "overpay" for something as long as you don't sell it for less than you paid you haven't really overpaid

I know hustlers who will sell you something. Then immediately say you overpaid and they tricked you and laugh at you and make fun of you to make you feel bad. Then you will question if you overpaid or not and you might ask the price of the item you bought in overhead chat and they will have their friend PM you a lower amount then you paid. They might even spam you with really lowball offers on alternate accounts to trick you into selling the item less than you paid. It's funny because a lot of times when this happens it was the person who sold it from you trying to buy it back to gain instant profit.

That is simply one example of pro hustlers at their finest.
    My intention is so that players can have a gauge of the different prices of items. The gauge will be determined by the majority of the traders. In other words, if many trade at say, 400 gralats, then the gauge will be 400 gralats. This is so that rip-offs would be reduced.

If players are rich enough to hoard most of the particular item, he can raise the price as the demand is high, but then again, only few could do that.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

What would happen if the script kept track and a player just kept selling themself a noob knife for 10k tro?

Items dont have a price, if 1 person buys all stun guns in game, he can make it worth 100k trochus each since hes only one with it.
    If you have any questions or concerns towards era, be sure to send me a message.
     Spoiler
    Admins walking through start.

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Items dont have a price, if 1 person buys all stun guns in game, he can make it worth 100k trochus each since hes only one with it.
    ^^^^This assuming stun guns became unavailable for purchase other than tables.
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Drdetroit View Post
    What would happen if the script kept track and a player just kept selling themself a noob knife for 10k tro?
    If they are really that mad to waste the time and money for the trade fee just so that the system is ruined, I don't think there will be many of such people. Also, there will definitely be more than one player who would trade the same item, so it should be more or less regulated. Just that the maniac who sold the knife for 10k tro will be an anomaly...

Senior Player Relations tristanfosho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    If they are really that mad to waste the time and money for the trade fee just so that the system is ruined, I don't think there will be many of such people. Also, there will definitely be more than one player who would trade the same item, so it should be more or less regulated. Just that the maniac who sold the knife for 10k tro will be an anomaly...
    Hustlers work together. There are many rich trading gangs that would work together to keep the prices the way they wanted them. They currently already do this by shouting nonsensical prices at start all day. If they dedicate themselves to making bias prices houses and shouting in start, they would mostly definitely abuse a scripted system as well. Also the price of a completed trade is only 1 gralat with VIP.

It's a great idea, but the current system works as well as any other I can think of. Basically you will do well with the current system if you don't sell something for less than you paid for (People will try to make you think the "price" lowered when reality is the "price" is what your willing to sell for), AND hope the item you bought doesn't get over auctioned as that will lower the price.

To give an example I've bought 3 rage blades in my time at start. I bought them all last year during the Christmas gift event. People were obtaining Rage Blades from the presents (Rarely) but everyone was shouting "don't buy rage blade" because the price is dropping. Price of rage blade at that time was 80-100k. People panicked and sold their Rage Blade for 78k,74k, even 65k from what I Purchased. I waited about 4-8 months and sold them for 85k, 100k, and 107k. The entire time I had rage blade people told me the price is 70-80k... even when I sold them for 85-107k
    For any Jail, Gralat and E-mail related issues, you must submit a ticket to http://support.toonslab.com/ for help.

Accounts IGN: TristanFoSho/KarrenFoSho
     Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by tristanfosho View Post
    Hustlers work together. There are many rich trading gangs that would work together to keep the prices the way they wanted them. They currently already do this by shouting nonsensical prices at start all day. If they dedicate themselves to making bias prices houses and shouting in start, they would mostly definitely abuse a scripted system as well. Also the price of a completed trade is only 1 gralat with VIP.

It's a great idea, but the current system works as well as any other I can think of. Basically you will do well with the current system if you don't sell something for less than you paid for (People will try to make you think the "price" lowered when reality is the "price" is what your willing to sell for), AND hope the item you bought doesn't get over auctioned as that will lower the price.

To give an example I've bought 3 rage blades in my time at start. I bought them all last year during the Christmas gift event. People were obtaining Rage Blades from the presents (Rarely) but everyone was shouting "don't buy rage blade" because the price is dropping. Price of rage blade at that time was 80-100k. People panicked and sold their Rage Blade for 78k,74k, even 65k from what I Purchased. I waited about 4-8 months and sold them for 85k, 100k, and 107k. The entire time I had rage blade people told me the price is 70-80k... even when I sold them for 85-107k
    I was thinking, what if the admins set up a team of regular traders and let all of them agree on a price for every item that can be traded. After a list of the prices have been decided, let the community see if they agree with the prices before setting it up as a tab. Then, have the prices reviewed every month or two depending on the demand. Maybe this will be more reliable.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    How about players list their items up for sale on a board , then all the prices of people selling that item can be seen, this way new players can see how much an item is worth

e.g.
    candy cane 99 trochus
    candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 110 trochus
    candy cane 120 trochus
    candy cane 500 trochus
    candy cane 1000 trochus

Spot the hustler
    LOL
    and then give it a time limit
    If nobody buys it after 48 hours or so It means its a hustled price since nobodys willing to buy it, it'll give some people idea that it is
    players pay a minimum gralat to post an item up for sale on board and it stays for 3 days unless somebody buys it.

I just don't know, this side of the economy was set by the players and not by official admins. In fact it is a bit weird how it works but it is been working fine, whenever I buy or sell I usually ask and make an average price out of that. There really is not a "fake price" as once again most of these are made up, some don't make sense; but to be honest even having tro as currency is a bit weird to begin with. Besides, scamming people is considered "legal" as said in the newspaper as it is the player's fault most of the time and admins can't really do anything about it.

Like I know where you're coming from, and sounds like a good idea but it may also mess up the system more as well as upset many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    How about players list their items up for sale on a board , then all the prices of people selling that item can be seen, this way new players can see how much an item is worth

e.g.
    candy cane 99 trochus
    candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 100 trochus
    Candy cane 110 trochus
    candy cane 120 trochus
    candy cane 500 trochus
    candy cane 1000 trochus

Spot the hustler
    LOL
    and then give it a time limit
    If nobody buys it after 48 hours or so It means its a hustled price since nobodys willing to buy it, it'll give some people idea that it is
    players pay a minimum gralat to post an item up for sale on board and it stays for 3 days unless somebody buys it.
    I can't say "I haven't done this before"
    I sold my Stun gun and raised it from 2k-5k and this guy didn't know that stun gun was worth WAY less then rage blade, so he traded it. I got a 98k profit
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer