Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samurai Weaponary

Quote Originally Posted by Blur View Post
    That Would be considered a Tanto

A tantō (短刀?, "short blade")[1][2] is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords[3] (nihonto)[4][5] that were worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan. The tantō dates to the Heian period, when it was mainly used as a weapon but evolved in design over the years to become more ornate. Tantō were used in traditional martial arts (tantojutsu) and saw a resurgence of use in the West in the 1980s as the design made its way to the US and is a common blade pattern found in modern tactical knives.

Wikipedia ftw
    I know what a tanto is, however a tanto is dagger sized, ita not like a short sword.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Delt Graphics Team

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur View Post
    That Would be considered a Tanto

A tantō (短刀?, "short blade")[1][2] is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords[3] (nihonto)[4][5] that were worn by the samurai class of feudal Japan. The tantō dates to the Heian period, when it was mainly used as a weapon but evolved in design over the years to become more ornate. Tantō were used in traditional martial arts (tantojutsu) and saw a resurgence of use in the West in the 1980s as the design made its way to the US and is a common blade pattern found in modern tactical knives.

Wikipedia ftw
    Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

This escalated quickly...
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer