Thread: Explaining Eating

Explaining Eating

Hello everyone,

Recently I've been sparring in the Multiplex a lot and I seem to come across a lot of people who accuse me of "eating". So I would like to put an end to this misconception by actually explaining "eating"

What is eating?

Basically, it is when you shoot someone on your screen when the bullet connects, yet the opposing player doesn't seem to be taking any damage. This happens A LOT, and tbh is basically a norm in spar now

What causes eating?

Eating only occurs due to the way Era works, it isn't due to lag or anything of the sort. If you have two devices side by side and move around on one device, you can see that wherever you are when you move on Device A is not always where you will seem to be on Device B, this is due to the delay between the devices and it happens globally across all iEra players. Hence, if Sparrer A dodges a bullet by Sparrer B, this delay often makes it seem as though Sparrer B bullets had hit, even though they haven't really connected.

What to do?

Once you understand this, sparring is a whole lot easier - All you have to do is shoot where your opponent will be on THEIR screen - ie a few steps ahead of what is shown on yours. While players complain about eating, they never really seem to complain about the bullets that don't seem to hit their opponents yet do damage regardless, and this is how most of the damage is dealt when sparring. And this is where the "skill" in "spar" really plays in, predicting their movements and shooting where they will be, not just hopelessly spamming and trying to somehow damage them. By the way, the next time you have an opponent seemingly pinned down at the bottom with a hail of bullets yet they "eat", observe their movement, most likely they moved in a way that would get them out of that curtain of bullets, but they're actually faster than what you see on your screen due to delay.

So there you have it, eating explained. The next time someone accuses you of eating when you aren't seriously lagging, direct them here and enlighten them. Of course, if they choose to be salty and be all "omg no u ate u noob go kys astro nub" then... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

Banned
    You know serverside is an easier interpretation, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XSTARX View Post
    You know serverside is an easier interpretation, right?
    Yeah but it's like saying alphabets without explaining the ABCs, or saying numbers without explaining the 123s, or saying narcissistic critic without saying xstarx (Just kidding, don't ban me please)
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

I already knew this but people kept saying shoot about me right after I bet them