Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: This Unfairness An Abuse Has Gone On Long Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    Please remove the pictures- you'll have this thread closed.
    Don't post personal information without permission.

We need to keep this on topic please.
    This is on topic, I'm showing proof that she was cussing, spitting out very vulgar words like it's straight up nothing. But if you want me too I will.
    "Do you even ec bro?"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoDorvay View Post
    Hi.
    The message I posted that's pictured in the first post of this thread was sarcastic.
    It was a reply to a comment that Ace made.
    I would never be rude to players or endorse it.
    And I'm not staff anymore, so my opinion isn't counted as a staff opinion.

All staff (in my view) should remember that their remarks on the forums represent the entire team as a whole and their attitudes do in a real way reflect the way they feel about being staff. If you have a combative and aggressive approach it gives you the appearance of holding a haughty demeanor and being somehow superior to the player-base, which is not what good customer service is about.

Confrontation, particularly when it's made towards players in an aggressive way, is not a customer support tool and that applies in-game, over the forums and over the support tickets.
    Sorry Reno if you thought the comment I made was towards you, it was rather at the comment Ace made and then your afterthought on that said comment to show how out of line it was. Sorry if it caused any confusion<3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    There's a few issues i feel i should touch on here.

1. Professionalism of staff on their player accounts.

This is always been an on-going battle and quite a lot of staff see a disconnect where they can behave as a player on their staff account and everything that entails; ie- not being paragons of virtue like they are on their staff account. In my opinion when someone is made a member of the games staff team they are representative of the games staff team and community at ALL times, not just when they are on their staff account.
    This goes for all activities they engange in while on a player account. I have and continue to be disappointed in behaviour that i see and have seen from certain staff members on their player accounts.

And this links in to my second point.

2. Appropriate communication and behaviour in the context of the game.

I realise that iEra is a very diverse and colourful community very much reflecting the real world as it is today and that's most definitely something to be celebrated however to be using strong language like dyke or any other words or phrases that people in the game want to take back or reclaim them or use as a symbol of their pride or pride in their own community is still not appropriate for anyone to be using in a game that is rated for Children.

Everything has it's time and place and especially staff or moderators shouldn't be using language or phrasing that isn't appropriate for a 12 year old and let's be realistic- younger than that. We've never been a community against LGBT and we've had many prominent staff members have been a part of that movement and community in their real lives outside of the game, and we have had LGBT themed items in the game in the past, maybe not directly but certainly indirectly (colour patterns, themes made by people invested and involved in LGBT)

3. Bullying.

Bullying is painful, it's not nice.

It saddens me to hear about staff abuse or manipulation. It's very concerning to hear that there are people and especially moderators that are allegedly using exclusion and bullying tactics against other people in our community (the steam group). Ideally we have a zero-tolerance stance towards this type of behaviour although it's hard to practice this when it's outside of official channels or outside of official field of vision. I implore you to contact a member of staff if you are being bullied by anyone in the community- especially staff members.
    I do understand how intimidating it can be if a member of staff is included in bullying and it's something we take very seriously

If you feel like you aren't being heard or your problems aren't going away or getting answered feel free to message me on the forums directly. Remember to take screenshots using your phone or record any unnecessary or inappropriate behaviour.
    I am very thankful there are people who understand the angle I am coming from, whether that be you or XStarX. I am definitely not here to cause unnecessary drama, I just feel that personally as a player I've seen too many of these threads for there to be no change. I am hoping that we can all continue to post maturely on this thread and continue the conversation moving forward as it is a large issue not only for me but for a majority of the community.

So disappointing Reno and Vendhin are no longer staff. I've always respected you guys as staff and as people, and you have been such an outstanding example to how staff members should behave. If you're going to be a staff member then you should always be acting respectful and as a good example for players of this community.

@Tricky I feel like this relates to people saying the N word for social means. It may not be disrespectful in your eyes but as a staff member you should always be self aware of what you're saying because you never know when someone else will take offense, regardless of your personal opinions and involvement in the LGBT affairs.

@Ace, you have been staff for a few years now and I don't know what kind of job you do behind the scenes. But from what I have personally experienced is that you believe you are above the playerbase, and treat players like absolute crap. Just a tip of advice, you're not better than any single person just because you have a position that grants you 'godlike control'. In my honest opinion you really need to work on being a professional staff member and be more respectful. Not trying to criticize you just my personal opinion.

If I have offended anybody please feel free to remove my post as it was not my motive. Just offering a bit of perspective from a long time player.

IMG_6437.JPG
    Look dude, i'm totally fine with you like advertising your thread and all, but please dont do it like this anymore, kinda rude.

whats going on here? Is there still fairness or unfairness?
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Rodeo
    Tbh I'm glad I'm quiet and don't get myself into these situations, but seriously can you just resolve the problem?
    Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    IMG_6437.JPG
    Look dude, i'm totally fine with you like advertising your thread and all, but please dont do it like this anymore, kinda rude.
    Ah you're the sociopathic girl, who tells everyone shes comitting suicide? And overdoes on tic tacs. Stop trying to derail his thread with your useless commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyyB View Post
    Ah you're the sociopathic girl, who tells everyone shes comitting suicide? And overdoes on tic tacs. Stop trying to derail his thread with your useless commentary.
    I believe that is far from irrelevant - If you want to point out issues with the staff team and highlight issues that we can improve on or raise awareness so that the playerbase can speak its mind, I'm fine, but if you devolve into simply trashtalking your way through it, you will get nowhere. This applies to both yourself and the person in the picture
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    I believe that is far from irrelevant - If you want to point out issues with the staff team and highlight issues that we can improve on or raise awareness so that the playerbase can speak its mind, I'm fine, but if you devolve into simply trashtalking your way through it, you will get nowhere. This applies to both yourself and the person in the picture
    I understand that, but when someone just posts screenshots to lower the legitmacy of a mature thread I find it pretty hard not to put such person in their place. I was there during that screenshot and it puts everything way out of context, hence the editing.

Anyways I agree my previous post was far from relevant. Now let us return to the subject at hand for its a very serious issue that's been ignored for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyyB View Post
    You're mixing me up with someone else I believe because i have never done that xD I'm "that girl" no one even knows since my IOS is private and i have chats and PMS from friends, i don't even talk in public chat but keep trying! Oh and, if you think this is "lowering the legitmacy of a mature thread" that means the person shouldn't have said this in public chat, i'm just asking them not to do that since it's rude ^^ take care mate!