Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What's the Point of Gas Launchers?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaryun View Post
    If any of you had read the thread properly, you would know that the thread was discussing the fact that even though it's called the gas launcher, it is rarely used for its gas function.

If you sincerely think that someone saying "the point of the gas launcher is to launch gas" is constructive in any way shape or form, you have completely missed the point of the thread itself.

Saying that it isnt used for that function if rarely is likely an assumption on your part. The gas launcher serves as an item that can shoot gas as well as explosives, there is literally nothing more to the item than that. If you cant take it as constructive simply because that answer seems to simple to you thats your own fault not his. There really isnt something to discuss however when it is fairly obvious.

hwaryun
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Saying that it isnt used for that function if rarely is likely an assumption on your part. The gas launcher serves as an item that can shoot gas as well as explosives, there is literally nothing more to the item than that. If you cant take it as constructive simply because that answer seems to simple to you thats your own fault not his. There really isnt something to discuss however when it is fairly obvious.
    If you had read the very first page of the thread, you would know that I did not assume that the gas launcher was used only for its grenade function.

In fact, I had pointed out that people were less likely to use it at all due to the fact that gas masks are so prevalent in basing.

The main point of this thread was to discuss ways to promote both functions of the gas launcher equally so that owners will be more likely to freely use both functions.

Also, how is the comment "The point of the gas launcher is to launch gas" constructive in any way?

Explain to me how it contributes to the discussion and why I shouldn't disregard this as a useless post?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hwaryun View Post
    If you had read the very first page of the thread, you would know that I did not assume that the gas launcher was used only for its grenade function.

In fact, I had pointed out that people were less likely to use it at all due to the fact that gas masks are so prevalent in basing.

main point of this thread was to discuss ways to promote both functions of the gas launcher equally so that owners will be more likely to freely use both functions.

Also, how is the comment "The point of the gas launcher is to launch gas" constructive in any way?

Explain to me how it contributes to the discussion and why I shouldn't disregard this as a useless post?

Being that he may or may not have full knowledge of the weapon, he as a reader is only contributing based off of the knowledge he has, yes gas masks are prevalent in basing these days, but that doesnt make it hard to use. The gas launcher serves well for pking just as it would for basing, there is no need to promote how to effectively use both parts of the weapon. That is for you to decide based off of your own judgement during a situation. The entire reason there is an explosive aspect to the launcher is to counter the masks in the first place, as stated before you need to use both parts in accordance with the situation presented.

Gas launcher is good and gets you alot of kills in forts and basing. Other than that i think it is useless but can also be used to annoy people by the gas modes