Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Privacy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    I believe that you were jailed unfairly and I doubt gg would snitch on you especially when you used no sense of vulgarity. Hey, you never know that some of these new admins could be checking pros pms to find a way to jail them because they are bored, they wouldn't admit it, but there still is that small chance that they are. Thank about it, these new admins have nothing to do other than do reports but if they don't have any they are hanging out and eventually they get bored, so they might read pms and try to see if anything is going on between "pros". But hey, that's just me.
    Every time a staff member "pulls" a player pm history, it gets echoed to the RC program - so if someone was just reading player pm histories all the time we'd know. PR's have more work to be doing than to be randomly listening in on players private conversations

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    Every time a staff member "pulls" a player pm history, it gets echoed to the RC program - so if someone was just reading player pm histories all the time we'd know. PR's have more work to be doing than to be randomly listening in on players private conversations
    Doesn't the server actually "jail" people? If so, then maybe it could be a server glitch where it jailed him twice?

Banned
    What?! That proves that only admins "hack" into players account, because they send their email and password through pms.. dont give them rights to stalk, its consindered as stalking and literally there is a rule against it. Balance your staff already!

Rules at set for reasons, Graal Pro
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Graal Pro View Post
    What?! That proves that only admins "hack" into players account, because they send their email and password through pms.. dont give them rights to stalk, its consindered as stalking and literally there is a rule against it. Balance your staff already!
    So you're saying it's wrong to judge someone based on them fulfilling certain criteria for being a staff?

Well then, you can let hackers free and the innocent jailed.

So...

If I by chance discover of a secret plot to kill Donald Trump, I should not inform the authorities so as to "respect their privacy"?

Don't you think you're being a little selfish? Wanting to keep your own privacy at the expense of young and impressionable children (hint: vulgarities), as well as the enjoyment of other players?

We don't even "stalk" PMs... requests for PM history are all justified by reports and/or with the intent to find and stop an iEra offence, so the only reason why we would be reading your PMs is if you're reported, reported someone, are the subject of a PM that requires a PM history check... etc etc.
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

"The needs of many, outweigh the needs of one,"

-Lord of the Rings character that I forgot.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

its creepy having admins read ur pms maybe like a small popup saying an admin is reading your pms and during that time period you wont recieve any pms

"Privacy?!?! Who needs privacy???" -Officer Chris
    "I do mister!!!" -Little boy Timmy
    "Alright Timmy" -Officer Chris
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer