Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertising Era

I heard that the server can't hold more than 10k players
    +
    I don't like players with less than 150 ping

Zany
    Only thing is, even if there'd only be a total of 10k people (if this were to happen) imagine the lag. Lag is already complained heavily about, adding a couple thousand more players into the pot wouldn't make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanygraal View Post
    Only thing is, even if there'd only be a total of 10k people (if this were to happen) imagine the lag. Lag is already complained heavily about, adding a couple thousand more players into the pot wouldn't make things better.
    Also era isn't made for 7k+ players, like the events house, the hole map isn't big enough to hold 10k+ players.

League Of Legends Player
    Server: Eu West
    Name: SlapjackQ8
    Add me, everyone is welcome

You guys seem lost in the lag thought, so let me get you out.
    More players means we'll need more staff, once we have enough staff we can focus on making Era's map bigger. We could increase the size of major areas (Start Park, Police Station, Events House, etc.) To reduce the lag in one area, we could add more parts to the city to spilt the amount of players in one area. More players would mean an increase in the USD (United States Dollar) Era receives. More USD= happy Era
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

you could use my trailer you know, it DID win first place in the Graal video contest...

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Agreed. But make it shorter, it's too long for a YouTube ad

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Agreed. But make it shorter, it's too long for a YouTube ad
    Some YouTube ads go for like 10 minutes, I don't think it's a problem. Plus, I'm not editing that garbage, I made it years ago.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

No comment

More players means we'll need more staff, once we have enough staff we can focus on making Era's map bigger. We could increase the size of major areas (Start Park, Police Station, Events House, etc.) To reduce the lag in one area, we could add more parts to the city to spilt the amount of players in one area. More players would mean an increase in the USD (United States Dollar) Era receives. More USD= happy Era
    So you're saying that first, they advertise, then get a lot of players which will make the Lag incredibly bad and then work on expanding the map??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zany

It would take too much time. Hiring staff doesn't take a day, and even though we'd eventually have more staff, finding more staff that know how to do what is necessary, plus have the full trust of snk to edit the game would take a while in itself. Era is a one server game. YouTube is a massive community, thousands or millions of people view it on a daily basis. The smallest of ads would rake in tons of people nonetheless.