Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Tracers in Team Matches!

Bullet Tracers in Team Matches!

Hi, as its been 2 years since the last time I was on Era or posted on the forums, I thought of something that could potentially enhance gameplay in a small, yet effective way. In events/sparring matches such as Team Spar, CTF, Base Battle, Gang Spar, or even GST perhaps, there are bullets flying left and right from opposing teams. Quite often we play with the assumption that some bullets may be friendly only to run through them and lose half your HP. To somewhat solve this, similar to the red tracers on the minigun, adding a trail of light behind a bullet, whether it be red or blue in team matches would ensure players know whos shooting what.

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think.
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

sounds great

Banned
    I really like this idea for team events

I just want to know why they haven't already done this
     Spoiler

I would like to see this in CTF
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Banned
    I talked to snk about this, he thinks he can do it but i don't know when he'll have the time though.

Don't really see the possibility of this considering guns only use one bullet, and not all guns use the same bullet (minigun, ion guns, and various other guns as an example which don't use the default grey bullet). You can't even give gun skins different bullets. The only possible way I can think of is if everyone had the same gun like in laser tag. Otherwise you'd need 2 versions of every gun with one having coloured bullets.
    Any solution to this would probably take a lot more work than it'd be worth in the end, and it would probably result in guns with custom bullets not having those custom bullets anymore because it'd be to much work to create separate variants of each of the different bullet types (since 85% of guns use the default grey bullet that would be the primary bullet used), and we don't exactly have anyone spare who could work on it anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Don't really see the possibility of this considering guns only use one bullet, and not all guns use the same bullet (minigun, ion guns, and various other guns as an example which don't use the default grey bullet). You can't even give gun skins different bullets. The only possible way I can think of is if everyone had the same gun like in laser tag. Otherwise you'd need 2 versions of every gun with one having coloured bullets.
    Any solution to this would probably take a lot more work than it'd be worth in the end, and it would probably result in guns with custom bullets not having those custom bullets anymore because it'd be to much work to create separate variants of each of the different bullet types (since 85% of guns use the default grey bullet that would be the primary bullet used), and we don't exactly have anyone spare who could work on it anyway.
    You mean, aside from the manager who said he thinks he can make it work?

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    Maybe something like highlighting bullet trails instead of actually altering the images, particle fx etc. I'm not really sure
    Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    You mean, aside from the manager who said he thinks he can make it work?
    Yup