Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spar Delay/Eat Needs To Stop

People don't realise whilst it is annoying to spar a lagger, just imagine that feeling and then imagine having it EVERY time you spar. They can't fix their lag so they have to experience the teleporting players, freezing and eating every single time the spar.
    They don't have an advantage as the lag you see against them is what they see against you. They're just used to having the lag because they always have it, so they usually win because they know how to deal with it better.
    Laggers are actually at a permanent disadvantage as the 'eating' you experience sometimes is what they experience EVERYtime. Laggers have to lead shots/ shoot in places they are guessing you will go to as the delay is too great for them to be able to shoot at where you are. Their bullets also take longer to register than players who don't lag, so they have to play differently. As in they cant try and out spam someone as even if they shoot first with a faster gun, the player who isn't lagging will almost always win as every bullet from their gun will register instantly but the laggers bullets damage will delay a few seconds and by that time they are already dead.

It's hard enough for players with high ping to even be able to compete as it is, limiting the areas they can even play just makes it even more unfair for them. Especially as it isn't something that can be fixed.
    Look at it this way, if you are playing any other game with multiple servers you always try to find one that has the lowest ping right? Because the game is harder to play if you have a high ping. Which is why if you are american you would play on an american server and not an asian/ australian server. Same for era just those players don't have a choice and are stuck with a high ping

RIP-me

I was thinking of sparring after 300k kills
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

yall people that live close to the server are lucky af quit complaining. Whenever i do event i get kicked out for having high lag. Sometimes i lag so hard i need to restart my wifi and then it continues 20 mins later.

Just a small rant

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    Just get a better PC and stop complaining ._.

Nothing that be done about it
    Dumbass PC doesnt affect lag

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    People don't realise whilst it is annoying to spar a lagger, just imagine that feeling and then imagine having it EVERY time you spar. They can't fix their lag so they have to experience the teleporting players, freezing and eating every single time the spar.
    They don't have an advantage as the lag you see against them is what they see against you. They're just used to having the lag because they always have it, so they usually win because they know how to deal with it better.
    Laggers are actually at a permanent disadvantage as the 'eating' you experience sometimes is what they experience EVERYtime. Laggers have to lead shots/ shoot in places they are guessing you will go to as the delay is too great for them to be able to shoot at where you are. Their bullets also take longer to register than players who don't lag, so they have to play differently. As in they cant try and out spam someone as even if they shoot first with a faster gun, the player who isn't lagging will almost always win as every bullet from their gun will register instantly but the laggers bullets damage will delay a few seconds and by that time they are already dead.

It's hard enough for players with high ping to even be able to compete as it is, limiting the areas they can even play just makes it even more unfair for them. Especially as it isn't something that can be fixed.
    Look at it this way, if you are playing any other game with multiple servers you always try to find one that has the lowest ping right? Because the game is harder to play if you have a high ping. Which is why if you are american you would play on an american server and not an asian/ australian server. Same for era just those players don't have a choice and are stuck with a high ping
    Bitzsam's right.
    For instance, us Australians rarely have under 200 ping on iera lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    Bitzsam's right.
    For instance, us Australians rarely have under 200 ping on iera lmao
    Same same
    My ping is usually around 240-380

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks bitz for explaining

Banned
    I don't agree.

There's a significant difference between lagging and just eating.
    While lagging means you see your enemy warping and shooting many bullets at once even though it's your internet, eating is a small delay. If you eat, you won't even notice it. People with higher pings usually "eat", but they don't lag.

I hope you know that this thread will do nothing, over time you learn how to deal with it and get better. Just don't take damage so you'll have more health to live off of while beating them.

Soldier
    Unfortunately you cant stop eat(delay). Delay is a period of time which something is postponed, when someone experiences delay it 100% has to do with lag and there is no way to fix it since it has to do with your own connection to the server(sometimes you're the only one experiencing delay and no-one else)..... unless you want people to start being booted because of their wifi connection.

In all my years of ERA, there was and is going to never be a fix for this. The only possible way to avoid this is a regional seperation between players to reduce players latency to each other. That is a long shot, and depending on people's internet, the problem would likely still persist, but a lot less. Era aint about that though, they like their global server. It's like one big country, no segregation.