Thread: Multiplex Vs. Complex

Spar Join Multiplex Vs. Complex

Hello Graalians!

I have been struck with curiosity about what everyone thinks about my opinion about the competitive side of era.

Multiplex -
    - The multiplex gun is free.
    - Everyone uses the same gun but with different stats. In my view - (I don't see this as balanced because the only thing common is gun damage.)
    - There are certain stats that don't require much skill/effort to use. (Which most people use)
    - The reward system is free - There are NO cost for the skin/melee rewards.

Complex -
    - Essentially pay to win.
    - Most sparer's use common guns aside from event weapons/ auction weapons But it's all earned. How? We all earn money haha. Weather in game grinding or spending iTunes.
    - The reward system for complex costs money. On top of purchasing guns in general, rewards such as weapons/ skins cost money as compared to multiplex where you can get a free weapon at 25k wins.

My point is - I don't know if there was balance meant to be shared here. - In the long run multiplex benefits the players, But generally, I feel the skill based atmosphere is only an illusion.

I would like to know the communities thoughts.

- Keep in mind this is my personal opinion I am sharing today - don't take this to heart. (Too all the multiplex/ complex enthusiasts)
    Pizza without the lag please B^)

Did you just write multiplex in ur title ? I c Anero coming.

- - - Updated - - -

If multiplex was released when I was a beginner I'd have been there 24/7

Ah yeah, I see it more newbie friendly too.
    Pizza without the lag please B^)

I see your point, not sure really. I don't spar or MPX tho...so my opinion doesn't mean as much as the ones that do.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Well, I Think MPX Is Skill Based Because Of The Customizable Stats And You Don't Have To Worry About Bar Users (OR Other Over Powered Gun Users). You Can Adjust Stats To What You Are Best With Whether Its Spam, Spread, Or Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Only1xSwag View Post
    Well, I Think MPX Is Skill Based Because Of The Customizable Stats And You Don't Have To Worry About Bar Users (OR Other Over Powered Gun Users). You Can Adjust Stats To What You Are Best With Whether Its Spam, Spread, Or Freeze.
    Why do you capitalize every word? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by NicholasGraalOnlineEra View Post
    Why do you capitalize every word? Just wondering...
    Just A Habbit, No Specific Reason.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Only1xSwag View Post
    Just A Habbit, No Specific Reason.
    You'd fail every English paper if you did that.

Anyway, I enjoy Complex more than Multiplex because it's more fun to use OP items against people who don't have them.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Banned
    There's no real "versus", because from an objective POV, Multiplex is better.

I wouldn't call the skill-based part an illusion. The statistics you can set have all been tested for many months. There is no OP build. And no, people don't only use the same statistics. Of course, many go with a build focusing on high RoF but that's only because they are used to it. I've seen others go for builds focused on spread, or freeze. Just because it's not common, just because not many people do it, doesn't mean it's a worse build. If you think some guns don't require skill or effort, then that is your subjective opinion, not much more. Some people are good having incredibly low freeze, others solely rely on their fire rate. That's how it is - there's a variety of spar styles around.

The only real point that's in favor of Complex, is that there's more gun diversity. In order to keep it skill-based, we had to cap the statistic range at some point and keep it within. We can't offer overpowered EC items or other ridiculously strong weapons. And that's the point.

People who enjoy having an unfair advantage over other players, go to Complex.
    The one's seeking (the illusion of) skill-based play, go to Multiplex.

There are no two opinions here - these are conclusions you'd draw from an objective point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    There's no real "versus", because from an objective POV, Multiplex is better.

I wouldn't call the skill-based part an illusion. The statistics you can set have all been tested for many months. There is no OP build. And no, people don't only use the same statistics. Of course, many go with a build focusing on high RoF but that's only because they are used to it. I've seen others go for builds focused on spread, or freeze. Just because it's not common, just because not many people do it, doesn't mean it's a worse build. If you think some guns don't require skill or effort, then that is your subjective opinion, not much more. Some people are good having incredibly low freeze, others solely rely on their fire rate. That's how it is - there's a variety of spar styles around.

The only real point that's in favor of Complex, is that there's more gun diversity. In order to keep it skill-based, we had to cap the statistic range at some point and keep it within. We can't offer overpowered EC items or other ridiculously strong weapons. And that's the point.

People who enjoy having an unfair advantage over other players, go to Complex.
    The one's seeking (the illusion of) skill-based play, go to Multiplex.

There are no two opinions here - these are conclusions you'd draw from an objective point of view.
    Chems allowed in complex