Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Limiting Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Y r u even comparing iera to era PC, they barely get 50 players online + you suddenly want to change something that would affect lots of things. It's just gonna make it worse for us players and Ofc we're going to complain
    Read the thread first. The change isn't only negative

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Makes 0 sense for all guns to use the same ammo when they're all different types. Rocketlauncher firing a bullet???
    Rather than an ammo box, make it an ammo cache. In game it would be represented by one box and cover all "ammo types". My only real complaint is that it would be removing a key feature from VIP buyers who specifically purchase monthly and or yearly for the sole purpose of being able to have unlimited revives and ammo.

I can see this working out BUT you would need to compensate for the fact tons of people would be angered by the fact they were "robbed" gralats for a half assed VIP deal.

On A Side Note:

I know you are all for skill based play as am I, and I am all for change, however not all change is good and can have reverse effects. Maybe if you would want to create less spam you can try thinking from a different approach such as lowering the set amount of members that can be in a gang from 25 to 20 or 15. Or make another option, when forming a gang you would be prompted a choice, a base gang which has a set amount of members or a normal "chill" gang that has the default 25 members. The difference being those gangs would not be able to take flags or participate in forting events, but would be able to be used for gang spar and all activities outside of basing.

Guns aren't the problem, when this server was smaller and less people had expensive guns it was more balanced. But seeing as how the game has grown in population over the years its easy to see the immense change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    This. It would be annoying - not much more.

Maybe take a look at the core of the spamming 'problem' instead.
    I don't think unlimited ammo is the main reason why people spam?

Maybe it's because their gun's statistics are exactly how they are?
    If you could in the recent post I have made there is actually more ways than one to tackle the problem. It isnt the guns fault for having the stats it has, and it certainly isnt the consumers fault for wanting the gun, it is the overall basing system itself that is flawed. Try engaging the problem from the angle I provided, is it a lot of work? Of course, but in the end you wont have angry customers upset that the guns they bought got nerfed. Rather than nerf the guns nerf the literal gangs. Basing is clogged up by a few gangs at most and the competition is solely between those few gangs (example: Obsidian and Darkside). Not only do they have their main tag full of 25 people, they often also have their subs at least half full. Think about it, with 4 gangs fighting each other a once with all members online that is 100+ people not counting the pkers that swarm in during forting events. There is no skill because people can just zerg rush and create hordes of members.

I don't see reducing gang sizes as making any difference as they can just use allies. Also gangs rarely even have more than 10 people on defending unless it is a large gang in a gang war.

Yes it would remove unlimited ammo but the upside is you wouldn't have to spend time running around the map picking up ammo as you could fully stock yourself up within a minute at an ammo store.

That being said if you actually add up the costs that you get from VIP, it is already more than 7.5K and that's not even counting the item you also get. So even with the removal of the unlimited ammo you are still getting more/ at the most the amount you are paying for.
    Personally the perfect shape and unlimited revives alone is enough to warrant the VIPs costs.

An ammo cache wouldn't work as the ammo each have different prices. And would kind of defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to do.

Ammo packs in moderation, maybe costing $100 gralats and giving 500 ammo or so depending on the type I think is realistic. The price being considerably more expensive than buying the ammo straight out means it would be used as a last resort item if you were in a fight and really needed ammo, rather than something for people to keep using basically allowing for unlimited ammo.

And again. Spam is not the only thing that this would address, as I also stated it would allow for a new balancing variable. A lack of which is what is preventing me from wanting to add more guns until there is something that will give more diversity.

Banned
    I don't see reducing gang sizes as making any difference as they can just use allies. Also gangs rarely even have more than 10 people on defending unless it is a large gang in a gang war.

Yes it would remove unlimited ammo but the upside is you wouldn't have to spend time running around the map picking up ammo as you could fully stock yourself up within a minute at an ammo store.

That being said if you actually add up the costs that you get from VIP, it is already more than 7.5K and that's not even counting the item you also get. So even with the removal of the unlimited ammo you are still getting more/ at the most the amount you are paying for.
    Personally the perfect shape and unlimited revives alone is enough to warrant the VIPs costs.

An ammo cache wouldn't work as the ammo each have different prices. And would kind of defeat the purpose of what I'm trying to do.

Ammo packs in moderation, maybe costing $100 gralats and giving 500 ammo or so depending on the type I think is realistic. The price being considerably more expensive than buying the ammo straight out means it would be used as a last resort item if you were in a fight and really needed ammo, rather than something for people to keep using basically allowing for unlimited ammo.

And again. Spam is not the only thing that this would address, as I also stated it would allow for a new balancing variable. A lack of which is what is preventing me from wanting to add more guns until there is something that will give more diversity.
    Subtags was something I also took into account as well, if someone tried using a 25 person gang as a subtag they would be unable to heal or steal the flag in order to save the base. I agree unless there is a war there are usually less people on a tag, but because of the sheer amount of people that can belong to a gang at any single time, there is less of a margin to differentiate. Having less members being able to belong to one tag would in my personal opinion give way for more variety as well as fix the ongoing issues that people have with forting events and basing in general. Because lets be honest in the current state it is in, graals basing has become less about actual individual skill and more about the sheer amount of people a gang can utilize at once.

I like you said how you want to add some realism by doing this yet there are so many items in this game that is not realistic at all it's not even funny. Instead of having ammo shops have a purpose make the bank and ATM's have a purpose, that would be a hell of a lot more useful than limiting ammo in my opinion. You have ATM's everywhere around the whole map, buyable ATM's as furniture, even including a whole BANK so make the bank and the ATM's have a purpose instead.

I can see why this idea would be good, but it would be a nuisance for some players who only play to spar or base and enjoy that part of the game not having to collect trash when it barely spawns just so they can get to the part of the game they enjoy.

If I implemented this change would you rather have lower ammo count but cheap ammo or higher ammo count but more expensive than the cheaper option.

Eg 2500 rifle ammo at $8-10 gralats per 100 or 6000 rifle ammo at $20-25 per 100. Keep in mind for higher tier ammo types (explosive) that price would also rise by the same percentage.

Respond with an answer that is one of the two provided or I will disregard your opinion for future posts on this thread

If I implemented this change would you rather have lower ammo count but cheap ammo or higher ammo count but more expensive than the cheaper option.

Eg 2500 rifle ammo at $8-10 gralats per 100 or 6000 rifle ammo at $20-25 per 100. Keep in mind for higher tier ammo types (explosive) that price would also rise by the same percentage.

Respond with an answer that is one of the two provided or I will disregard your opinion for future posts on this thread
    I back this implementation, which I already did support since then. The only problem is that the mass would be straightforward on this idea that might affect how they would sense the importance that you are trying to provide. I hope they'd be tasteful and not show ignorance on the matter itself. I wish you great luck Sammy.
    Ex. Player Relations
    Ex. Newspaper Staff

Aviation
    Airline Pilot Dream

If it was really gonna be implemented which it shouldn't because so many people are against it, I would choose 6000 rifle ammo for $20-$25.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    If it was really gonna be implemented which it shouldn't because so many people are against it, I would choose 6000 rifle ammo for $20-$25.
    10000 ammo for shotgun for $10