Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Limiting Ammo

Limiting Ammo

An alternative that could allow for some 'stronger' guns in the game would be the implementation of limited/ buyable ammo.

This would work very similar to era pc where there would be different ammo types for different guns (handgun, rifle, smg, sniper, lmg, explosive).

The prices would be cheap for ammo so don't worry- (probably like $5-20 gralats per 100 ammo depending on the gun, so the explosive guns would be 20 for 100 but rifles/ handguns would be 5 and 7-10).
    The main thing this would do is limit ammo capacity for certain guns. It wouldn't be as extensive as it is in zone, like 2000 for handguns, 1000 for rifles/ smgs, shotguns would be about 4000 but explosive weapons/ snipers would be 200 and 500 respectively.

What this would do is:
    -hopefully remove some of the spamming in bases as people will be wanting to conserve their ammo
    -make people think a little bit more what guns they are going to use- could add more diversity to what guns people will use.
    -make ammo shops actually have a purpose
    -add more realism, as lets be honest everyone basically has infinite ammo and it's kinda stupid
    -allow for certain 'powerful' guns that wouldn't otherwise be added as they could have very restricted ammo counts so that it's only good in short bursts before you have to go to the ammo shop to buy more ammo.
    -may even lead to some special furniture be added such as ammo storage where you could store a certain amount of ammo so that you/ your gang members could go to your house to stock up on ammo instead of the store. (it would have an ammo capacity however and you'd have to buy the ammo to put into the storage).

In terms of the unlimited ammo perks i'd prefer it was removed but if that isn't allowed since it makes money for the server i'd have to think a way around it, maybe it gave half price discounts on ammo instead IDK

Before you comment please actually think about what this would do to benefit the server and not just have the mindset of "Wah I want unlimited ammo so I can spam my BAR at a doorway whilst afk"

Banned
    Make it work on the WHOLE gmap

And also, they should be able to put down ammo bags for their gangmates

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    can we steal people's ammo when they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Graal Pro View Post
    Make it work on the WHOLE gmap

And also, they should be able to put down ammo bags for their gangmates
    That's the whole point? and maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    can we steal people's ammo when they die.
    nope

Bad idea dont like the concept of having multiple ammos its better when ammo is just one type and works for all guns

Quote Originally Posted by hohi416 View Post
    Bad idea dont like the concept of having multiple ammos its better when ammo is just one type and works for all guns

Makes 0 sense for all guns to use the same ammo when they're all different types. Rocketlauncher firing a bullet???

If this were to be implemented, I would hope there would be a more efficient body parts system in turn to keep the cash flowing.

Banned
    what will event guns have? the ion guns flame and electric&water staff? ultra-laser mega shock ammo?

I back this idea
    Global Moderator Feb 21, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (8 months)
    iEra Player Relations April 10, 2014 - Oct 10, 2014 (6 months)
    iEra Communications Support Oct 10, 2014 - Feb 9, 2015 (4 months)
    Ol West Communications Admin Nov 15, 2014 - Resigned (9 months)
    iEra Communications Admin Feb 9, 2015 - April 10, 2016 (15 months)
    iEra Player Relations Admin April 10, 2016 - Current
    Retired from Toonslab Support
    Toonslab FAQ [email protected]

No thank u
    I'd like this in a new FFA event where you're randomly given a gun and you'd have to pick up the ammo