Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Limiting Ammo

Wait would it be stack able? meaning you can buy more then just one ammo pack at a time, because i go through more then 6000 bullets in a fort.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Obviously lol, idk why you'd think i'd make it so you had to individually by 100 ammo at a time

Amen Bitzsam, you're always doing the right thing, that's why I respect you.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

Banned
    I hope this never sees the light of day.

This change is beyond ridiculous and a nuisance for anybody seriously trying to compete anywhere.
    V.I.P. enabled people to have unlimited ammo, so what would happen to them?
    People who bought it for a year because they thought they'd receive all the perks... would now have to buy ammo anyway? Brilliant.

People will still spam, and it'll just be annoying. Not much more.
    As stated previously, I wish you'd focus on the main issue and nerf overpowered guns.
    We were able to collect ammo on the streets for roughly seven years and now we're supposed to buy it, just because you're trying to make Era more realistic and effectively stop spamming?

What's the point? Era is a game, not real-life. And spamming won't stop through this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    I hope this never sees the light of day.

This change is beyond ridiculous and a nuisance for anybody seriously trying to compete anywhere.
    V.I.P. enabled people to have unlimited ammo, so what would happen to them?
    People who bought it for a year because they thought they'd receive all the perks... would now have to buy ammo anyway? Brilliant.

People will still spam, and it'll just be annoying. Not much more.
    As stated previously, I wish you'd focus on the main issue and nerf overpowered guns.
    We were able to collect ammo on the streets for roughly seven years and now we're supposed to buy it, just because you're trying to make Era more realistic and effectively stop spamming?

What's the point? Era is a game, not real-life. And spamming won't stop through this change.
    I pretty much addressed all of those issues in my last response to you. The view you are taking is very one dimensional as you are only focusing on 'spamming ' which was only 1 point out of the several this change can address

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    easier said than done.
    When people have paid substantial real money for certain guns there is only so much you can do to the guns themselves before they become vastly different.

I don't really agree on that either, infinite ammo, or at least an excessive amount IS a large factor in the spamming culture of the game. Why do they spam? Because they don't care about how much ammo they have as it's infinite. If you had a maximum ammo capacity that was a number and then had prices for ammo then you would be less careless with how much you spam. Even if it's just a little bit, it would still be something. Sure the general guns wouldn't change all that much but you would definitely see a difference in certain explosive guns/ high tier guns as their ammo would be more expensive and so people may not use them as excessively as they currently do.

In those circumstances the only way to fix things is to implement new systems that take an outer approach on the issues

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of people are only focusing on individual aspects of this idea when you are meant to look at it as a whole. I listed multiple points on what a change like this would do, so you can't really single out a single point and use that as the reason why it isn't a good idea.
    There are over 100 guns in this game, and that is probably even an understatment. The majority of stat combinations have already been done, and similar varient are also done. If you want to see more guns getting added to the game there has to be new systems implemented to allow for more variation.

This is an extreme example and isn't completely realistic but i'll give an example on what this could allow. It could potentially allow for gun types that are extremely powerful, but the drawback is they're costly.
    For example I could add a rocket launcher that delt 20 damage. However the gun would only have a ammo capacity of 5, and each ammo could be sold at $1000-2000 gralats.
    That way you have that damage potential in the game, however you would only see it used VERY sparingly because of the high cost.

Now obviously thats an extreme example but it should still give an idea.
    The idea itself is very barebones. If you wanted to go further, rather than have gun types you could do it on weapon damage. So an 8 damage guns ammo could cost $5 gralats and then have a 9 damage gun be $15 etc. that could lead to more people opting to use a cheaper gun for the sake of cost saving. (However the reason I didn't propose this is because it would favour gralat pack buyers).

It could potentially even lead to some strong guns that would usually be sold for a high gralat price be sold cheaper and have the drawback being more expensive ammo.
    For example I could sell a unique gun (unique gun being a gun that doesn't fall within the base category of a handgun, smg, rifle, lmg, sniper or explosive gun) with the same stats as the shipka (120k) for 60-80k. And then price the ammo for that gun as more expensive than it is for the standard ammo in order to balance out the cheaper cost. That way it could give some people the alternative to buy certain powerful guns that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford, and be able to use them just in more limited bursts than the players with the expensive gun as they may not always be able to afford to keep using it. However it still acts as an alternative and something different.

There's no problem with spam in bases. If u start adding different types of ammo ppl are still going to spam bar as they'll just keep buying more ammo. It will also cause problems with fort as the whole of idea is to spam.

Listen, I'm broke and I barley buy anything in this game as it is because of the lack of money I spend on this game, if this gets added then I won't be able to spar anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imarly View Post
    There's no problem with spam in bases. If u start adding different types of ammo ppl are still going to spam bar as they'll just keep buying more ammo. It will also cause problems with fort as the whole of idea is to spam.
    The whole idea of fort isn't to spam, fort as a whole doesn't even play out as it was meant to. Do you really think a fort event would be designed with the intention of players being unable to move more than 5 steps inside the base without dying.
    Fort was meant to be something that brought a large number of players to challenge the base defenders so it would be like a players vs defending gang. However in reality fort actually makes defending easier as nobody bothers attacking thr flag.

If bars ammo price was done correctly then you could influence people to only use BAR sparingly. It could even reduce the bar users in spar as it could be made to expensive to use regularly and so people would opt for guns with cheaper ammo like normal 8 damage guns.
    And again- spam in bases isn't the main point of this however it would make a change even if it's just a little

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Listen, I'm broke and I barley buy anything in this game as it is because of the lack of money I spend on this game, if this gets added then I won't be able to spar anymore lol.
    Sparrers won't really be effected at all by this as you don't need much ammo for spars as they generally don't last long.
    Pick 3 pieces of trash and then you can afford 100-200 bullets for an assault rifle. It'd probably be easier to find enough trash to buy ammo than to find ammo to pick up like we currently have. The only reason you see ammo lying around often is because most people have unlimited ammo and don't need to pick it up.

VIP is your best friend that's why there's ammo laying around. Will VIP still include unlimited ammo if this is implemented in the game?