Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Limiting Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    I think I said this before but a neat idea would be to announce that you are testing this new mechanic for a set week and then when the test is over, make another thread with a poll to keep or remove this new mechanic and announce that in the game. This would allow the general Era population to give their opinion and if they like it, keep it in the game, if they don't, that's the end of it.
    ^^^^^^^
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

I prefer simplicity.

But I'm willing to give it a try.
    My name is Tyler

2015 & 2020 Player Relations
    2014 Forum Mod

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    That's honestly just a silly statement. If you think people will leave for the removal of unlimited ammo- something this game didn't have on release before unlimited was added then honestly it just mean the people who are left will be the reasonable ones and good riddance to those who are unwilling to accept something they know is a stupid mechanic for ANY game to have

- - - Updated - - -

The people that want era to stay in this format, with P2W rewarding you heavily, and wanting to have a huge advantage over new players are the people that are holding the game back. Nobody new is joining and staying because the game is so unfair for new players.

Just look at how few people still base/ spar. Basing is just the same few gangs and people, bases are rarely attacked with the exception of the occasional gang war and never more than a handful of peopLe. Competitive sparring is nonexistent outside of complex, and even then it's only 2-3 rooms occupied.

Era is a game focused around those aspects, yet currently it's split between basing, sparring and pking as 1/3 with the other 2/3s filled by traders and afk/social players who don't touch the combat.
    Eras combat system has not changed yet the decline in people participating in it proves that it's because it has become stale and is too unfair towards new players who are the majority of the player base
    Great, one-sided, subjective opinion. But that's about it.

Era is everything a player makes out of it - some only play this game to socialize.
    So you're essentially decreasing and limiting the amount of ammo someone can use in order to make it harder for older players to have a substantial advantage over new players?

You can count non-existing opinions, tell yourself it's better, but in reality an actual poll would show how the players truly feel about such an update. Before that, I suggest staying away from even working on it because to my knowledge, most of our players would not enjoy it.

Yes and if there were such a poll then it should be announced in-game so EVERYONE gets a chance to vote.
    I know my 7 pk gangs will be in the negative for this.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    I think I said this before but a neat idea would be to announce that you are testing this new mechanic for a set week and then when the test is over, make another thread with a poll to keep or remove this new mechanic and announce that in the game. This would allow the general Era population to give their opinion and if they like it, keep it in the game, if they don't, that's the end of it.
    This is a new mechanic that would take a bit of scripting/ graphics. Theres no point going to all that effort just as a trial for people to say no thanks and have it go to waste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    Great, one-sided, subjective opinion. But that's about it.

Era is everything a player makes out of it - some only play this game to socialize.
    So you're essentially decreasing and limiting the amount of ammo someone can use in order to make it harder for older players to have a substantial advantage over new players?

You can count non-existing opinions, tell yourself it's better, but in reality an actual poll would show how the players truly feel about such an update. Before that, I suggest staying away from even working on it because to my knowledge, most of our players would not enjoy it.
    I'm not really sure if you're even reading the responses i'm giving you because you never seem to acknowledge the fact that i've addressed what you keep saying.

Yes players have the choice to do anything, but when the main aspect, that the game is revolved around only takes up 1/3 of the activities the majority of players partake in then you know that there is some kind of an issue.