Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Major issues with Auctions

Manager
    There's nothing wrong with the current auction system. It's fair. The only reason you haven't won is bad luck, keep at it and I'm sure you'll win. Also, bid on pc, it's faster imo. Other than that, the ideas mentioned aren't bad, seems useful to add an indication of what's being bid outside of the room itself.

It's speed and luck, if you can bid once a second you will have a good chance

Quote Originally Posted by hwaryun View Post
    It's amazing how disproportionate the auction items are spread across player "levels".

Even if it's luck, you see a lot of people with multiple auction items and you see the same people winning over and over again.

Just a rumour I heard but I heard that some people even use macros for auctions.

At the most recent auction, Nuke won a ~40k pink M4 and 2 different people won twice.
    Hro and some other dude won twice in a row. Also saw this happen with Mys* and some other dude during the FuturisticKatana giveaway

This post is very true there have been a group of a few individuals winning way to much compared to the numerous people who bid. I've heard PLENTY about these macro rumors. And i thought it was REAL convenient that these individuals whom are winning are all childhood friends or cousins and also share access to each of their accounts with one another. I got proof too if the senior PR's need it!

Dino, Mys*, Milo, etc. all share access to one another's accounts usually only during auctions

The higher the bid rises the less people can bid because they can't cough up the money. You have a higher chance of winning if you have the cash. Of course, it's still luck in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    The higher the bid rises the less people can bid because they can't cough up the money. You have a higher chance of winning if you have the cash. Of course, it's still luck in the end.
    Damn these players that win more than once in a row should play the lottery irl!

Wouldn't suprise me if there are auction macros- I too have heard people mention them before. In the few times I have hosted/ watched an auction i've seen the same people winning 2 in a row, sometimes 3-4 auctions in one sitting. Always the same types of people from the same gangs. Then you have certain people who have almost every auction item. I don't really believe it's all about luck considering whilst most people playing have won no auctions, some have won a large majority of items.

It comes down to your timing, your connection to the server and money.
    I've won a few auctions myself back when I was a player by not bidding until I thought the auction was going to end. Usually by trying to predict what the time will be, waiting till around that point and then trying to bid as fast as I could. However whilst that technic could probably help you win a few auctions I don't see it as something that would let you win a large amount of auctions like some of players have, which is why I suspect there is something potentially they are using.

Well, I have 11 auction guns and 26 overall wins but it does take time man, be patient. Just go with the mentality that you can win something but DO NOT expect it 100%. For example: When I won Mtar-X Tactical about a year ago... i was just focused on bidding 1-2 times every 4 seconds and all of a sudden you win... i do recommend that if you play on iPad, you relog before you start bidding on an item you want. Be humble and stay high, have fun while doing them!

Also, sharing this tip with the community, add a 9 to each bid you do... it always works for me. Try and have friends in a gang chat with you so you know what items are being hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Wouldn't suprise me if there are auction macros- I too have heard people mention them before. In the few times I have hosted/ watched an auction i've seen the same people winning 2 in a row, sometimes 3-4 auctions in one sitting. Always the same types of people from the same gangs. Then you have certain people who have almost every auction item. I don't really believe it's all about luck considering whilst most people playing have won no auctions, some have won a large majority of items.

It comes down to your timing, your connection to the server and money.
    I've won a few auctions myself back when I was a player by not bidding until I thought the auction was going to end. Usually by trying to predict what the time will be, waiting till around that point and then trying to bid as fast as I could. However whilst that technic could probably help you win a few auctions I don't see it as something that would let you win a large amount of auctions like some of players have, which is why I suspect there is something potentially they are using.
    It's possible to use macro in auctions ,I ask my friend how he win 2 auction in a row and he said hes using macro

How do you even bid so fast is the question?