Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: State of Era Trade

Post State of Era Trade

Hello, I am PermaBanned, or better known simply as "Banned" from the guild Cuz.

I have been playing Graal Classic since 2009, and played Era since 2010/2011 (I forgot). Fair to say I am a far older player than many of the ones currently playing.

I have been trading for quite a while; it has been the only part of the game I enjoyed for a while. I ended up hustling 420k trochus by the time I quit, and had a sharp turn in profits. I started with clover and quit many times during my trading, but always came back better than before.

Never the less, I am here to talk about Era Trade, and the past and now current state of it.

The Roots

I was there when trade tables first opened. I had only a few noob rares I amassed before when scamming was rampant and you could drop items. Trading at this time was soon owned by a guild named, "Beta," who are best known now as people who harassed the now actual traders and the people who traded after they all quit. They as well were fairly all rich, and many of which were Arabs. They as well went to auctions to become wealthy and rather were not known for being good traders. They earned their fortunes from USD or digging.

The Graal Depression

Any of the old players know this well. Graal definitely had a depression when items were getting traded. This is partly because of the first development of tro becoming the universal shell and currency. Everyone wanted trochus, and people were dropping every item that was being added to the game. Every single time something came to the game, people would surround the new owner and drop its price to something mere. This continued for YEARS.

In fact, this is regarded as the time when trading was hard to do. It was near impossible. Everyone tried to rip the other off and no one took risks. Items would drop half price for no reason and the owners would all leave the trade. It was extremely tough and only the very smart were able to progress. This is where you see traders such as Mun, Mistik, Sarah, Panda, Goon, Oakland, Flab, iPlayer slowly gaining fortunes through smart choices (given Goon definitely scammed don't get me wrong).

Growth was extremely slow at these times. And throughout the months you would see extremely little growth. It was honestly amazing how Flab was able to gain so much during his rather small time trading; that was near unheard of during the time. Many people could not do that.

This pretty much lasted for four years. It made a lot of smart traders, but caused MANY too quit. I myself remember joining a ton of trade guilds which ended up disbanding, because everyone in it became broke or/and quit. As well, scamming was rampant and still is.

Now

Trading has became dumbed down now to the point where everyone could do it. There are players who I would regard as having lower IQs than a fish who are becoming extremely rich. And what are they during, what are these next generation of traders doing? They are making all the older ones quit. And this is definitely prevalent. I have seen amazing traders such as Diablo, Sarah, Almost all of Cuz, Almost all of GodWings, Rhines, MisTik, Panda all quit trade. This is happening folks; soon the game will be ruled by these prepubescent 12 year olds who know nothing better than trolling and make some of the most idiotic trades known to date. And it is beyond me, the market has went in a sad and unintelligible tangent. There are people who cannot even pronounce words correctly, WORDS, getting rich off of this market. I feel like half of these new traders were born after 2010. There is no "gain" or "drive" in this game now. It is overrun by many of players who simply do not care about playing and instead have a freak obsession with USDing for supers.

And what are the PRs doing to help trade? Nothing. We have Mun become and admin and he has does NOTHING to help our case (which is why many are unhappy with him). There are plenty of things that could be made such as a teleport become start and other trade tables. But, it seems like trade tables which make up a massive amount of this game are being overlooked by staff

Why I made this?

Simple. Trade has went to hell along with the poor PR this game has to offer. I don't think any type of administration system should exist where players can be randomly gagged by these 15 year old PRs who hide cloaked. It is honestly pathetic, and there is no feeling of justice, because you can't get back at the admin or report them because you can't see them. It is completely unfair. I will be happy for the complete utter removal of cloak and an option to appeal your jail if you are jailed.

Bottom line, the PR is this game are worthless and along with this over-restrictive straight-jacket the chat censor is. Please fix it.

TL;DR

This game has went to hell and so has its PR. Everyone has been quitting and I don't blame em. We have dead space at start who have nothing better to do than waste their phone's alkaline battery for more hours. We have traders quitting left and right. We have a terrible PR staff that knows nothing better than cloaking and gagging people.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 02-27-2017 at 04:10 AM.

I stopped reading after he said hummus
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

This is a good post and a lot of this was and still is caused by the high staff (the 2 whom make the auction list). They don't understand the economy and even when good staff make items to revitalize trading (for example the new bottle flip). They refuse to add it to the list! Or when new items need to be added to replenish old items such as colored umbrellas they refuse to add them anymore even though majority of the economy was them.

Oh I quit mate. If you want anyone who takes this game seriously. Try talking to these losers at PK, Spar, PR, and Trade who talk everyone down.

I am simply stating my word after playing throughout the years. Since no one is telling it on these forums; I might as well before I depart.

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    You guys take this game too seriously sometimes.
    Shouldn't you take it more seriously if your whole job you are paid monthly benefit in game for is to better the community?

Especially sense you staff getting paid EC defeats the whole purpose of what EC was originally meant for.

It's a great game man so your defiantly going to run into people that are very passionate about a big experience in a game that they feel is being destroyed by the ignorance of the PR's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Era had all the same problems back a few years back but not many people payed attention it, now it's just a circle-jerk of people complaining that 'admins suck' 'era is dying'.

Basically everyone is overreacting.

I realised this was a long post and I was going to click off it until, to my surprise and awe, there it was.

A tl;dr!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the wrong place it say it, buddy. Go read about the Korean couple that died while having an extreme gaming session, leaving their child to the orphanage.

Damn, right?
    Last edited by ItzTerry!; 02-28-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Ex Player Relations, Ex Newspaper Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzTerry!
    In Terry we Trust

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I stopped reading after he said hummus
    I stopped when he said Hello, I am permabanned,

O no pls traders don't quit pls pls