Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: State of Era Trade

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    O no pls traders don't quit pls pls
    Ok i wont

lmao
    ツ Just Your Average Crown Victoria ツ

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Era had all the same problems back a few years back but not many people payed attention it, now it's just a circle-jerk of people complaining that 'admins suck' 'era is dying'.

Basically everyone is overreacting.
    Is it no longer a problem, because it has been occurring for a while? I agree the staff is definitely an issue.

I am in no way saying era is dying. Just there is a lot more traders quitting this year than ever.

If community of the game is not an issue. Then what is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy_xoxo View Post
    I stopped when he said Hello, I am permabanned,
    That is my name in-game. btw.

Banned
    Share some of the specific problems you have with the trading system instead of just blaming 7 year old's and admins who do their job by gagging players who are talking inappropriately.

We can talk about solutions and be productive about the trading system instead of resorting to the cliche "bad admans are ruining grawl" lines

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post
    Share some of the specific problems you have with the trading system instead of just blaming 7 year old's and admins who do their job by gagging players who are talking inappropriately.

We can talk about solutions and be productive about the trading system instead of resorting to the cliche "bad admans are ruining grawl" lines
    Yere rooining grewl

Quote Originally Posted by Vendhin View Post

As seen above i did mention problems with the fact only 2 high staff develop the auction list. You need to add more diverse opinons on it from people in Era's economy and the spar community. Also make sure the admins developing "new items" aren't just re textured old gani's and not trying to make a quick buck over pricing their ****ty re textured items as "new ultras". It should go back to staff who develop new items get their version of the item but untradeable in order to reduce corruption.

Another HUGE thing to solve is the lack of items for new players to build from in Era's economy. During the "Graal Depression" the rich people of Era HOARDED so many smaller supers that now you can barely find them at tables. A quick example would be the player with 8 HW wands, another with 20 spd farts, and lastly Geo who had 20 vanillas hoarded (later sold them off). Start auctioning off older items like umbrellas which have become scarce due to people quitting with them anchored in their accounts and also auction off the smaller supers which are being hoarded and monopolized by wannabe Rockefeller's. This will allow new players to actually have a chance at trading than having the odds extremely stacked against them by the 1% of era players.

Lastly MODERNIZE the older supers. I started playing in 2010 when i first saw a Umbrella IT WAS ACTUALLY DECENT, it was 8 dmg and could spin around and had a decent time deflecting. Basers even wanted umbrellas back then! Now we have items that are only "good" if their 10 dmg and have a billion effects. Modernize the older supers to 9 dmg because that is the new norm. I only used umbrella as a easy example because the average player knows its stats. There are plenty of other older supers with that same story.

Oh and make some of the untradebale auction only items into becoming trade able. Space staff, Egyptian staff, rainbow mallet, etc. would all help revitalize Era's trade economy.

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda Tiger View Post
    As seen above i did mention problems with the fact only 2 high staff develop the auction list. You need to add more diverse opinons on it from people in Era's economy and the spar community. Also make sure the admins developing "new items" aren't just re textured old gani's and not trying to make a quick buck over pricing their ****ty re textured items as "new ultras". It should go back to staff who develop new items get their version of the item but untradeable in order to reduce corruption.

Another HUGE thing to solve is the lack of items for new players to build from in Era's economy. During the "Graal Depression" the rich people of Era HOARDED so many smaller supers that now you can barely find them at tables. A quick example would be the player with 8 HW wands, another with 20 spd farts, and lastly Geo who had 20 vanillas hoarded (later sold them off). Start auctioning off older items like umbrellas which have become scarce due to people quitting with them anchored in their accounts and also auction off the smaller supers which are being hoarded and monopolized by wannabe Rockefeller's. This will allow new players to actually have a chance at trading than having the odds extremely stacked against them by the 1% of era players.

Lastly MODERNIZE the older supers. I started playing in 2010 when i first saw a Umbrella IT WAS ACTUALLY DECENT, it was 8 dmg and could spin around and had a decent time deflecting. Basers even wanted umbrellas back then! Now we have items that are only "good" if their 10 dmg and have a billion effects. Modernize the older supers to 9 dmg because that is the new norm. I only used umbrella as a easy example because the average player knows its stats. There are plenty of other older supers with that same story.

Oh and make some of the untradebale auction only items into becoming trade able. Space staff, Egyptian staff, rainbow mallet, etc. would all help revitalize Era's trade economy.
    Who's that?
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

Wait, so basically, you want the old dropping system back and the trade tables gone so you / old traders, being quote-unquote "smart" can go back to easily getting "rich" and others can't??
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
    Wait, so basically, you want the old dropping system back and the trade tables gone so you / old traders, being quote-unquote "smart" can go back to easily getting "rich" and others can't??
    No not at all, wtf? Did you even read the post?

So I've read your post and i have to say, it was really interesting. I myself have also been playing since 2010, and remember a lot of what you mentioned, likewhen you could drop items (i got scammed a few times lmfao. Lost my original maraca dagger), when the first umbrella dropped, (i remember mayu had an umbrella, and everyone was sooooo jealous) and when trade tables came out (at this time, i didnt bother cause i was a baser). Recently, though, i started wanting to get into trading and have gotten a little bit of profit here and there, so that's why what you wrote intrigued me. Trading, i know, is a huge part of era for the old timers, and is vital to keep them playing in general, but too to interest new people as well, and just be overal fun.

So you gave some reasonable solutions (imo) for the admins to help fix, but what can we do as players to help fix this problem? I've seen a lot of people say that the admins aren't doing good enough of a job, so what can we do to fix it?