Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Close Complex?

Banned
    Well it just seems really sad to me in a sense, if Bitz has his entire goal of making era a skill based game, why then would he ruin sparring for the sake of basing? Sparring outside of multiplex was already difficult enough, but now by blocking out chems from bases you casually just took a problem and moved it somewhere else. Better yet, what were him and staff thinking when they released this gun in the first place? This gun screams unbalanced and it is extremely overpowered, and now because too many people have it, it suddenly becomes a problem when it wasn't before?

Why were they given out during sharing competitions, better yet why were any of the high ec items in general given out for sharing contests? I get its a form of free advertisement, but you should understand that by doing so you are only adding onto the problem and making it worse. If you want to add balance and skill to the game maybe then instead of nerfing guns and making more guns, maybe actually think of reasonable solutions, because at this point it is plain ridiculous.

Now to fix overpowered guns and create more skilled play you want to take away unlimited ammo? Why do we have to constantly be told to bend over and get rear ended because of the stupid mistakes that are thrown out without actually taking into account what can happen?

Also complex is complete toxic, it is possibly the worst place on era in regards to attitude. There are very little people there who are actually nice, the rest are either drama queens, egotistical jerks, or creeps trying to expose girls.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    People who enjoy having an unfair advantage over other players, go to Complex.
    The one's seeking (the illusion of) skill-based play, go to Multiplex.
    Complex will never be skilled based ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on did you not expect toxicity? You're playing an online game which can be accessed by anyone including ignorant fools to people who have some kind of understanding of what they are doing. I get where you're coming from by "Also complex is complete toxic." The complex rn is just a big chat room where players troll and cyber bully each-other while the power strcuture known as the staff team sit there and watch as if it was a netflix film rather than accomplish the main goal of the area TO SPAR but all you can do now is shut up and go on with your day.

I do not see a point in closing complex, I like to spar there better than underground. If you do not want to see anyone starting fights or anything there are options to hide all public chat and only see public chat from friends only if it bothers you that much just do that.

Veteran
    God just imagine the riot if complex was removed.

Just remove the gun if anything.

No, how would players get spar wins? Complex is an essential to era
    yo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Grief Hero's Avatar
    Chem gets reverted to its original state, and even blocked from spars.
    No need to close an entire place for the sake of one gun that not everyone has.
    voila, fixed.

I saw. I conquered. I came.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Well it just seems really sad to me in a sense, if Bitz has his entire goal of making era a skill based game, why then would he ruin sparring for the sake of basing? Sparring outside of multiplex was already difficult enough, but now by blocking out chems from bases you casually just took a problem and moved it somewhere else. Better yet, what were him and staff thinking when they released this gun in the first place? This gun screams unbalanced and it is extremely overpowered, and now because too many people have it, it suddenly becomes a problem when it wasn't before?

Why were they given out during sharing competitions, better yet why were any of the high ec items in general given out for sharing contests? I get its a form of free advertisement, but you should understand that by doing so you are only adding onto the problem and making it worse. If you want to add balance and skill to the game maybe then instead of nerfing guns and making more guns, maybe actually think of reasonable solutions, because at this point it is plain ridiculous.

Now to fix overpowered guns and create more skilled play you want to take away unlimited ammo? Why do we have to constantly be told to bend over and get rear ended because of the stupid mistakes that are thrown out without actually taking into account what can happen?

Also complex is complete toxic, it is possibly the worst place on era in regards to attitude. There are very little people there who are actually nice, the rest are either drama queens, egotistical jerks, or creeps trying to expose girls.
    I didn't balance that gun, or any other of most of those 'op' guns. P2K, BAR, Flamethrower, were, Cripple Cannon, GM4 Where all done by other people. Most of the strong guns i've made were just dumbed down versions of those guns such as the minigun- 'balanced' flamethrower, mtarx- basically p2ks with more freeze and spread- however it was overhosted by new PRs when it was meant to be limited, M4a3/ Ion carbine- more or less the same as GM4 just you had to earn them before outright buying like you could gm4.
    Chemgun and p2k were done when I was away and didn't get any say. I was strongly against the flamethrower being added in the first place but seeing as the other staff were pushing for release the best I could get was reducing the flames bullet radius.

Chem gun is banned from basing already and whilst chems stats are stupid some of the owners have earned it for the 200ec legitimately and so banning it from sparring aswell would only leave them with one avenue to spar in.

My 'limited ammo' solution would have fixed that which is what you don't seem to understand. If chem owners don't have unlimited ammo, and the ammo for their gun was expensive then they wouldn't use it as often? Why do you think you hardly ever see napalm grenades used in bases over the other grenade types? Even though they are extremely strong grenades they are expensive to buy in bulk. I don't even remember seeing anyone use it since their release and that is just a small scale comparison. That way guns don't need to be banned everywhere but still would be restricted in their usage

Not Actually Banned Yet Bulletzone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I didn't balance that gun, or any other of most of those 'op' guns. P2K, BAR, Flamethrower, were, Cripple Cannon, GM4 Where all done by other people. Most of the strong guns i've made were just dumbed down versions of those guns such as the minigun- 'balanced' flamethrower, mtarx- basically p2ks with more freeze and spread- however it was overhosted by new PRs when it was meant to be limited, M4a3/ Ion carbine- more or less the same as GM4 just you had to earn them before outright buying like you could gm4.
    Chemgun and p2k were done when I was away and didn't get any say. I was strongly against the flamethrower being added in the first place but seeing as the other staff were pushing for release the best I could get was reducing the flames bullet radius.

Chem gun is banned from basing already and whilst chems stats are stupid some of the owners have earned it for the 200ec legitimately and so banning it from sparring aswell would only leave them with one avenue to spar in.

My 'limited ammo' solution would have fixed that which is what you don't seem to understand. If chem owners don't have unlimited ammo, and the ammo for their gun was expensive then they wouldn't use it as often? Why do you think you hardly ever see napalm grenades used in bases over the other grenade types? Even though they are extremely strong grenades they are expensive to buy in bulk. I don't even remember seeing anyone use it since their release and that is just a small scale comparison. That way guns don't need to be banned everywhere but still would be restricted in their usage
    I second this.
    However, I suggest that Ammo be bought for the EC guns or something, don't make it applicable to all guns as it won't help new players.
    Else, Drop another type of ammo (green) but make it very rare or purchasable in a shop.
    "A fool thinks they know everything but a wise person knows there's something to learn from everyone"
    -
    "Great leaders don't complain about the tools they are given. They work to sharpen them"

just report people there
    cant let the bad people ruin this place for others

Dont report them lmao your salty cause you dont have the skill to beat a chem gj they earned there chems and deserve it was already banned from bases isnt that enough they could only do 1 thing with chem if its banned from spar. It isnt boosting either there using a gun they earned in spar like everybody else ok so stop being salty and get the skill to beat them
    Retired Ol West Gfx Team

Have Any Graal Related Questions? Ask me
    2010-2021