Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M4 Only Spar Room

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    I believe that room won't get much attention due to its limited weaponry. Not everyone has the same guns, and it is unfair to weapons of other types. So if you make this room players would want one for every other type, and eventually the rooms will become a***doned when people realize only one room gets a majority of the attention.

Most of the guns have similar stats anyways, it's just the damage that changes, so in my opinion this isn't the best of ideas. I also know that this thread has only been created due to his anger towards chem users. Which is easily beaten, hence why I don't use mine often.
    You're just upset about it cuz you wont get wins without chem
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    You're just upset about it cuz you wont get wins without chem
    Facts!!

I might make myself a tent and a camping kit, because if this rooms happens imma be there 24/7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

M4 Only Spar Room

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    I believe that room won't get much attention due to its limited weaponry. Not everyone has the same guns, and it is unfair to weapons of other types. So if you make this room players would want one for every other type, and eventually the rooms will become a***doned when people realize only one room gets a majority of the attention.

Most of the guns have similar stats anyways, it's just the damage that changes, so in my opinion this isn't the best of ideas. I also know that this thread has only been created due to his anger towards chem users. Which is easily beaten, hence why I don't use mine often.
    Alrighty, i will have soo much fun breaking this one down. Ok lets begin

• It is not unfair to weapons of other types, as you will still be able to use them in other rooms, this idea does not affect other guns at all.
    • Several guns considered to be for skilled sparring will be allowed in this room, gun variety will be a well-known characteristic of this idea, however, we will not struggle with overpowered guns that piss everyone off and grant the owner unfair statistic, im sure you can relate.
    •Room a***donment is not really a concern at this point as Spar 1 is already the room that gets the majority of attention and almost nobody else goes to other rooms like HP spar, remember that people without the guns required wont be able to enter the room, so they will be using other rooms still.
    •Pretty much no stock gun in era has the same stats, although it might seem like it, remember that everything such as firerate, freeze and spread among many other stats happen within fractions of a second.
    •I have no anger nor hate towards unskilled sparrers, its rather disappointment, i have many guns that are considered overpowered that i could be using so easily to achieve rewards, however i personally rather to learn how to be better than others by skill and no otherwise, as spar rewards are just that, rewards for what should be good sparring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ATT-

I absolutely agree with this idea. As iMagicBae said it will solve lots of spar related problems. This is what could actually be "skill based spar" at least it will be more skill based than Multiplex. Don't get me wrong, I like MPX myself but it's just a new touch to spar and isn't really a change towards skill based gameplay, at least that is what's my opinion since the first day of MPX's release.
    A room that allows only guns with statistics similar to M4 could help alot with bottom hugging too as M4 doesn't have a ROF that can be spam f***ed but also isn't so slow that it changes sparring completely, M4 is just pretty much perfect for spar.
    With additin of this room people will also stop whining when someone takes out a BAR in spar, which they kinda have a right to but then again so does the person who owns the BAR. Instead of complaining about BAR or any other spammy/OP gun they can just change the room.
    I think I also read somewhere above that it could be kind of unfair to those who don't own the non-restricted guns for the 'new room'. Well to tackle that maybe it should be a special gun with stats similar to M4 and when ever anyone enters this 'new room' they can just grab the gun and it disappears after they leave. This way it won't be unfair to those who don't have M4 and stuff like that. And no this is not just another MPX gun, it won't have stat customization or anything so it is a different thing than MPX.
    In the end if this unfortunately happens to be a failure and always stays empty then as the OP said it will be just another empty room like all the other in Complex ....

Also can we please move this thread to some other location for discussion because in "off-topic" it might not get much attention when it definitely needs that, so we could see more opinions on this.
    "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."

Not a bad idea.

I might actually consider coming to Complex if this is implemented

And when I actually get $55k and own an M4
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

Just spar in mpx, it's the gun that's used in gst so it's good practicing with it

Quote Originally Posted by Fze View Post
    Just spar in mpx, it's the gun that's used in gst so it's good practicing with it
    True and I also do spar in MPX but I don't care much about participating in GST. In fact it is a rather small fraction of era that does GST.

Banned
    The Multiplex Gun is within the M4-stat range, so Exter's whole point doesn't make sense.
    The 3-4-3 build is almost exactly the M4, too.

Please elaborate on how Multiplex isn't skill-based, I'd like to know.

M4 Only Spar Room

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post
    The Multiplex Gun is within the M4-stat range, so Exter's whole point doesn't make sense.

Although the statistics applicable to MPX show no sign of being overpowered, builds such as 0-0-10, 10-0-0 or 3-5-2 for bottom hugging on the hands of lame players can be pretty annoying and difficult to beat, so in MPX wins moreover than just the player also kind of rely on the gun, and lets not get into the laggy players case because that is a problem that is also shared with complex. And over all, although not having anything to do with skilled sparring, the main reason why i think more complex sparrers such as myself dont move to mpx is because the rewards, not to be rude, but i prefer an m4a3 over a knife.
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by Anero View Post

Yes, the 3-4-3 build is basically M4 however I didn't state that I can't use M4 in MPX, what I needed was that everybody ought to be forced to use such a gun with balanced stats like M4. Obviously I don't need all the Complex rooms and MPX expelled and supplanted with M4 but atleast we there could be single room for that.

MPX may be superior than Complex to some degree when on the topic of skill based gameplay however regardless it has spam and bottom hugging. Why give the choice to adjust ROF when you needed a more skill based environment? If the guns had a lower ROF then spamming and specially bottom hugging won't be an issue and yes bottom hugging does considers as un-skilled sparring on the grounds that it gives an un-fair advantage. Likewise many people also complain about the adjustable spread being an issue, I honestly don't have much problem when people use higher spread yet I too sometimes experience and can absolutely understand why it would annoy people when they are in a ''skill based environment''.

I know you clearly worked a ton on MPX and I said it was fun and diverse and even marginally superior to Complex, most of us liked it and I appreciate the concern of trying to bring back skill-play however it still lacks some major things when on that subject.