Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Player Guide to Staff Teams

Zany

A Player Guide to Staff Teams

On a daily basis, I get questioned (as do all staff) about becoming an admin. How to apply, what is looked for in players who want to become one, whether ****s and ***s matter when it comes to becoming one... hopefully this should help end those questions. I made 2 brief guides to the staff teams and what characteristics are looked for in each team in the Newspaper, but I figured I could condense the two and then some into a forum post.

What Teams Are There?

Good question. Staff teams are the groups of people, all meant to do (a) specific job(s), that contribute to Era in one way or another. Here's how they do so~

Player Relations~ Main jobs include doing uploads, reports, and generally helping other players with issues. They supervise Era and make sure everything is in check. There's different levels of PRs, including the average Player Relations, Senior Player Relations (supervises PRs), Player Relation Admins (supervises SPRs) and the Player Relations Manager (supervises all PR levels). This team is important for quite a few reasons, including helping make Era a better community, helping other players when they are stuck, confused or can't get anyone else's help, and making sure players receive the customs they upload.

Graphics Team~ The Graphics, or GFX team is pretty vital. They make the majority of things that make Era so customized. Hats, furniture, seasonal items and decorations, toys, flags, weapon sprites, heads, bodies and more are all created by them. Make sure to thank them for making Era beautiful!

Levels Team~ LAT (Levels) staff make the buildings, houses, and areas that players walk in. Using a specific application and Graal tileset, they get building as pixel architects.

Gani Team~ GFX and gani go hand and hand. Many things that are created by the GFX staff has to be animated. Otherwise, how could it be implemented in game? That's the Gani Team's job. They take the different frames and pixel work created by the GFX staff and make it move so your player can use it.

Newspaper Team~ The Newspaper Team does just what the name reads. The members of the said team contribute to the semi-weekly Mercy Newspaper, that as of now is located on here, the forums. Each member has a specific area they add to in the Newspaper, from guides to updates to pictures to go with it.

How Can You Join a Team?

Applying is the one way ticket to one of these teams, considering of course that you're applicable. Most of these teams will have hiring applications available on these forums, so keep an eye out! Player Relations have an in-game system that's always operating, where if you're noticed as someone who has a positive and helpful influence in the game, you could receive an application to fill out in Era. Getting one does not guarantee you a spot. You could always pm a SPR (Senior Player Relations) if you're interested in joining. Spamming, bugging, or continually asking if you were chosen will lessen your chances of becoming a PR though. Note that patience is required. You won't get a response if you're not in. You'll receive one if you are. That's the bottom line. Asking a staff how long the wait is until you get a response won't make the wait any shorter. For the GFX team, NPCs for the application are located around the map in key areas, including start and the holiday shop.

****s and ***s do have an influence on whether you're chosen or not. Anyone with less to none of them are definitely preferred, but if it happened more than a year and a half from the date you want an application, and is relatively non severe, then you could still be considered.

What Is Looked For In Staff?

Overall, the same qualities are looked for in all the teams.

-Maturity ~ Foolishness, immaturity and childishness won't be tolerated. Age isn't a limitation- I should know. If you prove that you meet your age, if not go beyond it, it's okay.
    -Patience ~ You'll be getting a lot of pms from players, a lot of attention and have a lot to do. You have to stay calm and modest through it all.
    -Respectfulness ~ Respect for all people, from a new player to older player, no matter what they say or who they are, is a must.
    -Good Time Management ~ Especially for the development teams, this is necessary. You'll be given due dates, and you must meet them and fit them into your schedule.
    -Knowledge ~ You have to know a lot about the game if you're gonna help contribute to it. Vast knowledge about it is best.
    -Affability ~ You need to be friendly, want to help others and be up to tolerating anything that's thrown at you.
    -Good Written Abilities ~ This is more so directed at the News Team, but nonetheless, having good grammatical, spelling and written skills isn't a bad thing to have. It's not necessary though. Being bilingual is always handy.

That's all. I'm sure the majority of people on the forums know a lot of what I put in here, but it's a good thing to have here as a resource. Hopefully I summed it up pretty well!
    Feel free to correct me on any errors I made. Thanks!
    Last edited by Zany; 06-25-2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Adding Information

Quote Originally Posted by Zanygraal View Post
    -Good Time Management ~ Especially for the development teams, this is necessary. You'll be given due dates, and you must meet them and fit them into your schedule.
    When your willing to give you ALL your free time but they still don't consider you ;(
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

Pretty comprehensive guide.

Great job!
    Xanthos_101
    Player Relations

Got a question? Feel free to shoot me a PM in game.

Very well done, i'm sure this guide will help a lot of people
    Question? Need help? Feel free to message me anytime

Hmm, maybe it's the time availability that is holding me back?

All in all, the same qualities are looked for in the teams.

-Maturity ~ Foolishness, immaturity and childishness won't be tolerated.
    -Patience ~ You'll be getting a lot of pms from players, a lot of attention and have a lot to do. You have to stay respectful and modest through it all.
    -Respectfulness ~ Respect for all people, from a new player to older player, no matter what they say or who they are, is a must.
    -Knowledge ~ You have to know a lot about the game if you're gonna help contribute to it. Vast knowledge about it is best.
    -Affability ~ You need to be friendly, want to help others and be up to tolerating anything that's thrown at you.
    -Good Written Abilities ~ This can be more directed to the News Team, but nonetheless, having good grammatical, spelling and written skills isn't a bad thing to have. It's not necessary though. Being bilingual is always handy.
    I failed at step one ._.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Zanygraal View Post
    On a daily basis, I get questioned (as do all staff) about becoming an admin. How to apply, what is looked for in players who want to become one, whether ****s and ***s matter when it comes to becoming one... hopefully this should help end those questions. I made 2 brief guides to the staff teams and what characteristics are looked for for each team in the Newspaper, but I figured I could condense the two and then some into a forum post.

What Teams Are There?

Good question. Staff teams are the groups of people, all meant to do (a) specific job(s), that contribute to Era in one way or another. Here's how they do so~

Player Relations~ Main jobs include doing uploads, reports, and generally helping other players with issues. They supervise Era and make sure everything is in check. There's different levels of PRs, including the average Player Relations, Senior Player Relations (look over PRs), Player Relation Admins (look over SPRs) and the Player Relations Manager (supervises all PRs). This team is important for quite a few reasons, including helping make Era a better community, helping other players when they are stuck, confused or can't get anyone else's help, and making sure players receive the customs they upload.

Graphics Team~ The Graphics, or GFX team is pretty vital. They make the majority of things that make Era so customized. Hats, furniture, seasonal items and decorations, toys, flags, weapon sprites, heads, bodies and more are all created by them. Make sure to thank them for making Era beautiful!

Levels Team~ LAT (Levels) staff make the buildings, houses, and areas that players walk in. Using a specific application and Graal tileset, they get building as pixel architects.

Gani Team~ GFX and gani go hand and hand. Everything that is created by the GFX staff has to be animated. Otherwise, how could it be implemented in game? That's the Gani Team's job. They take the different frames and pixel work created by the GFX staff and make it move so your player can use it.

Newspaper Team~ The Newspaper Team does just what the name reads. The members of the said team contribute to the semi-weekly Mercy Newspaper, that as of now is located on here, the forums. Each member has a specific area they add to in the Newspaper, from guides to updates to pictures to go with it.

How Can You Join a Team?

Applying is the one way ticket to one of these teams, considering of course that you're applicable. Most of these teams will have hiring applications available on these forums. Player Relations have an in-game system that's always operating, where if you're noticed as someone who has a positive and helpful influence in the game, you could receive one to fill out in Era. Getting one doesn't guarantee you a spot. You could always pm a SPR if you're interested in joining. Spamming, bugging, or continually asking if you were chosen will lessen your chances of becoming a PR though. Note that patience is required. You won't get a response if you're not in. You'll receive one if you are. That's the bottom line. Asking a staff how long the wait is until you get a response won't make the wait any shorter. For the GFX team, NPCs for the application are located around the map in key areas, including start and the holiday shop.

****s and ***s do have an influence on whether your chosen or not. Anyone with less to none of them are definitely preferred, but if it happened more than a year and a half from the date you want one, and is relatively non severe, then you could still be considered.

All in all, the same qualities are looked for in the teams.

-Maturity ~ Foolishness, immaturity and childishness won't be tolerated.
    -Patience ~ You'll be getting a lot of pms from players, a lot of attention and have a lot to do. You have to stay respectful and modest through it all.
    -Good Written Abilities ~ This can be more directed to the News Team, but nonetheless, having good grammatical, spelling and written skills isn't a bad thing to have. It's not necessary though. Being bilingual is always handy.

That's all. I'm sure the majority of people on the forums know a lot of what I put in here, but it's a good thing to have on the forums as a resource. Hopefully this summed it up pretty well!
    Feel free to correct me on any errors I made. Thanks!
    Great job on the guides! They were very informative.

I'm intrigued about the automated system, How does it detect you when you are helping other players in era?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Zany
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiTz Canavi View Post
    I'm intrigued about the automated system, How does it detect you when you are helping other players in era?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
    So, assuming you're referring to the PR application system, it's not really automated. It's not the server detecting a good player and you get an application; either a PR suggests you to a higher staff because the said PR notices that you're an applicable and worthy player who has little to no warn/jail/ban history, or a higher staff notices you. If you actively and positively influence the community, and I don't mean you have to be a goody two shoes who lives, breathes and eats "Hey, need help?", then you have a chance of being considered. Your chances of being sent an application have nothing to do with how many staff you know, the gang you're in, or what you like doing in game. Asking for an application won't help either. But there is currently a PR application on the forums, which they put one up here when they need PRs. You have to make sure you read the application directions thoroughly though and answer truthfully and to your best ability. It's located in the announcements section.

Omg zany