Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The argument of Graal Era servers

The argument of Graal Era servers

I was talking with a guy in the discord saying that Graal online era was eventually gonna die off because of their servers. Obviously this isn't true since IEra been having this problem for years pretty much every since I started which was back in 2013. I want to start a discussion to see what you think about this. Going on with the story.....
    He was having some sort of a debate with another on the discord server about this. He said this on discord. "Where does the money go when we make ingame purchases".

I responded with "Yea, I don't wanna be that guy but where is the money going to from the thousands of dollars in in-app purchases being made? (Just guessing with in-app sales.)"
    Continuing on with the argument saying "why not use it to upgrade servers to handle more traffic that comes in. You never know when IEra is gonna be noticed by alot of people, even YouTubers but it won't be able to handle it". Basically reciting what this guy said in the discord. I know it isn't my business to know where the money is going to but it just seems like the game is having more content like guns being added than performance getting better. I love the content that's in this game very much but I also want to have a good less laggy experience playing IEra. Do I know that the server are being upgraded or not over these last few years? No I do not, but it just seems like they just not being upgraded to handle more and more traffic. Reason why it stay at about 3000 players playing on the servers for the last few years. Which isn't too bad, its staying at that number and part of it is new players playing. Not the same players playing 3 years straight. But Like I said, you never know when you gonna have a YouTuber with a big audience noticed this game, likes the game and make videos off of it. If that happens, graal era servers will crash very often most likely and miss the opportunity of having a bigger Graal Era fanbase due to people trying to actually get on the server after it crash. Especially the fact that almost every teen may have a smartphone that's either a iPhone or Android. Then again, if that happens, the neutral response will be to upgrade the servers since this happens with every other game company I seen in my perspective that suddenly gotten a big boost of players playing on their servers. Which will probably still have IEra have this opportunity? Eh Idk. But even without that opportunity, the server still needs to be stable for players anyway to have a decent-good experience playing.
    Before anyone ask, what do I mean by upgrade? Although I'm not too too big when it comes to server technology, what I'm saying is that the servers will need more ram to handle more traffic going to the server and also handle content that's in the game already and more being added to it also.

The guy then says "Era's going to die if they don't fix the severs. As Xavier was saying, what if a semi popular YouTuber starts playing this game? Rip"
    To conclude, this is what I said to him. This is my final opinion about this.

"I don't think IEra is gonna die since they been keeping a streak of having about 3000 players online almost everyday for a very very long while. They had this server problem every since I started. I'm used to it now (since I been going along with it for awhile) but still I know it needs to be fixed. Although I will say this, if you gonna add more and more content to this game, you need to upgrade the servers. Hands down, you do
    If you don't, it WILL cause more and more stress on the server, causing it to lag more and more. Probably more severe and more frequently.
    Upgrading will bring more players (since the game can handle more traffic), less lag (obviously) and more content without putting too much stress since the server will be able to handle it."

So, what do you think about IEra servers. What's your opinion about it. Love to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by XavierXav View Post
    I was talking with a guy in the discord saying that Graal online era was eventually gonna die off because of their servers. Obviously this isn't true since IEra been having this problem for years pretty much every since I started which was back in 2013. I want to start a discussion to see what you think about this. Going on with the story.....
    He was having some sort of a debate with another on the discord server about this. He said this on discord. "Where does the money go when we make ingame purchases".

I responded with "Yea, I don't wanna be that guy but where is the money going to from the thousands of dollars in in-app purchases being made? (Just guessing with in-app sales.)"
    Continuing on with the argument saying "why not use it to upgrade servers to handle more traffic that comes in. You never know when IEra is gonna be noticed by alot of people, even YouTubers but it won't be able to handle it". Basically reciting what this guy said in the discord. I know it isn't my business to know where the money is going to but it just seems like the game is having more content like guns being added than performance getting better. I love the content that's in this game very much but I also want to have a good less laggy experience playing IEra. Do I know that the server are being upgraded or not over these last few years? No I do not, but it just seems like they just not being upgraded to handle more and more traffic. Reason why it stay at about 3000 players playing on the servers for the last few years. Which isn't too bad, its staying at that number and part of it is new players playing. Not the same players playing 3 years straight. But Like I said, you never know when you gonna have a YouTuber with a big audience noticed this game, likes the game and make videos off of it. If that happens, graal era servers will crash very often most likely and miss the opportunity of having a bigger Graal Era fanbase due to people trying to actually get on the server after it crash. Especially the fact that almost every teen may have a smartphone that's either a iPhone or Android. Then again, if that happens, the neutral response will be to upgrade the servers since this happens with every other game company I seen in my perspective that suddenly gotten a big boost of players playing on their servers. Which will probably still have IEra have this opportunity? Eh Idk. But even without that opportunity, the server still needs to be stable for players anyway to have a decent-good experience playing.
    Before anyone ask, what do I mean by upgrade? Although I'm not too too big when it comes to server technology, what I'm saying is that the servers will need more ram to handle more traffic going to the server and also handle content that's in the game already and more being added to it also.

The guy then says "Era's going to die if they don't fix the severs. As Xavier was saying, what if a semi popular YouTuber starts playing this game? Rip"
    To conclude, this is what I said to him. This is my final opinion about this.

"I don't think IEra is gonna die since they been keeping a streak of having about 3000 players online almost everyday for a very very long while. They had this server problem every since I started. I'm used to it now (since I been going along with it for awhile) but still I know it needs to be fixed. Although I will say this, if you gonna add more and more content to this game, you need to upgrade the servers. Hands down, you do
    If you don't, it WILL cause more and more stress on the server, causing it to lag more and more. Probably more severe and more frequently.
    Upgrading will bring more players (since the game can handle more traffic), less lag (obviously) and more content without putting too much stress since the server will be able to handle it."

So, what do you think about IEra servers. What's your opinion about it. Love to hear!

For me, I feel that the server isn't really a problem and I don't see a need to upgrade it, though it would be good to do so.
    Usually, when i experience lag, server issues, i think that these are mostly attributed to the player's own device or network. When i play the game in a place with poor wifi-receptivity, I'd experience lag and graphics issues (the gun doesn't shoot bullets, etc etc.). But when I play with good wifi-connection, I don't experience such issues, maybe slightly slower sensitivity during fort events (but I believe that's understandable).

I also attribute some of the server issues with the device you are using. When I used to play the game on a samsung phone (not those advanced once), I'd really find myself lagging so badly it is impossible to move during forts. But once I changed my device to a Macbook Air or an OPPO phone, I don't experience these issues.

With that, I really doubt era would cease anytime soon because i am sure some players are able to find a way around the server issues (such as getting better connection or devices).

To be very honest, I still can't fathom why players are complaining about the server. I don't see any issue with that. Perhaps they should take into account their connection and their devices before blaming it on the server? Because the definition of their "bad server" is so blurry, It is very difficult to comprehend what they really want - if they want 0 ping, i doubt that is even possible because it is a shared online server so there will bound to be some fluctuations in pings.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

"Era's dying" haha sure
    (Not directed toward any of you)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Link Co View Post
    "Era's dying" haha sure
    (Not directed toward any of you)

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    fort noob

- - - Updated - - -

n yea its true that theserver sux n so laggy

Yeah Ik it's a fort but it's still a good example.

Although I have seen a drop in players (but this is our usual school year lull, bounces back up to 3k during the summer) I do have to agree the servers have not been the greatest. It was very bad during the leprechaun event, often everyone would crash, and I know it's not just my device because everyone would talk about it in the gang news. So pretty much server-wide crashes. Imagine that stuff during crypt and GST. Not to mention they happen fairly regularly.

hwaryun
    I don't know.

I have always had decent internet and a great device whenever I play but for the last couple of months, I have not gotten the level of smoothness that I would normally get 5 years ago.

I can't bear to do events (both bot and administrator) now and 1/2 the population is so laggy that I can always spot some poor sap who is trying to move but can't, which ultimately prompts me to whip out my dual saber and melee him to death.

In another thread, someone mentioned that era does plan to fix this problem.

I would suggest that they do it fast because a lot of players are getting turned off by the quality of gameplay that they have been receiving.

Banned
    I feel like we're in a bit of a slump right now for sure.
    Toonslab makes the money, and they decide when/if we ever get server upgrades.

Hopefully in the next few months we can start making positive improvements though

The argument of Graal Era servers

apparently i heard his game runs on ios 4.3? some people got message when they updated their ipads they got a message about graal outdated servers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Asian From Australia, 2 years till Uni
    Pm 'Costo' for any questions
    I like BLACKPINK cause korean girls are cute
    Kpop is generally taking over the world, if you like kpop we can be friends
    #Erasince2014

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Although I have seen a drop in players (but this is our usual school year lull, bounces back up to 3k during the summer) I do have to agree the servers have not been the greatest. It was very bad during the leprechaun event, often everyone would crash, and I know it's not just my device because everyone would talk about it in the gang news. So pretty much server-wide crashes. Imagine that stuff during crypt and GST. Not to mention they happen fairly regularly.
    My beloved GST, crashing? Pfft..never.
    It's already crashed during Crypt, I can probably recall two instances last year where it happened.

It even crashed today twice, and I know it wasn't only me because I asked members from the gang I was in.
    On a serious note, what would happen if the servers were to crash during an event such as the GST?