Thread: What is Selective Sparring?

GOAT

Angry What is Selective Sparring?

sometimes during spar i get flawed and the blood vessels in my head pop and i bleed inside my head. i clench my butt cheeks trying to hold on to the win but still get the L. i release my tight, clutched hands and start to cry. i then leave the Multiplex green room and go into the Multiplex orange room. At this point, several players call me a 'selective sparrer' but i have no idea what it means and it makes me very angry as my face turns bright purple in agony. i do not understand. someone help me. is it an insult?.

As an individual who doesn't spar much, I can't tell you much about spar culture. This being said, my first reaction is that the term 'selective sparer' means an individual who looks for a room with players they feel they can beat and then spars there so they win. So long story short; yes, it's (probably) an insult.

Not necessarily a bad thing it just means you try to face certain people that you know are around your skill level. It could be bad if you're a good sparrer or have alot of the rewards and pick at the people with lower skill level.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Link Co View Post
    you're a good sparrer or have alot of the rewards and pick at the people with lower skill level.
    How I thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Link Co View Post
    means you try to face certain people that you know are around your skill level.
    More optimistic view of the term.

lol

cat supremacist Lieutenant
    I love your post, especilly the internal internal hemorrhaging.
    What Link Co said sounds about right