View Poll Results: What gun is better for spar?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ion Carbine

6 66.67%
  • Ion Pistols

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's better for spar?

Zephlyn

Event Coin What's better for spar?

I am very near the 95 EC mark, meaning that I am capable of affording a Ion weapon.
    But I need the help of a weapon expert to tell me what gun is more helpful for spar. I'm between the Ion Carbine and the Ion Pistol.
    My only sparring weapons I have is the M4 and the Cripple Cannon. I'm not a big fan of automatic guns, but I can deal with that.

I'll leave the stats here, so you can compare them. I'll leave with a green color the stats that beat the other gun, and I'll leave with a red color the stats that are worst than the other gun.

Name - Ion Pistol
    Freeze - 0.1575 (+ 0.0175)
    Firerate - 0.225 (- 0.065)
    Spread - 0.11 (+ 0.1)
    Clip - 20 (+10)
    Reload - 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Name - Ion Carbine

Freeze - 0.14 ( - 0.0175)
    Firerate - 0.29 ( + 0.065)
    Spread - 0.01 ( - 0.1)
    Clip - 10 (-10)
    Reload - 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Some things to consider:
    • I don't see myself using the secondary perks of both guns, in my opinion, I find it very unnecessary the shotgun mode of the Ion Carbine or the jetpack mode of the Ion Pistols (can someone please tell me if that jetpack mode makes you invulnerable of taking damage while you're on air?)
    • The spread of the Ion Pistol is significantly higher that the Ion Carbine, the Ion Carbine seems to shoot like a laser.
    • The reload of the Ion Pistol is pretty slow compared to the Ion Carbine, having a reload of 0.3 seconds.

Thanks to anyone that is deciding to help me, if you want to, you can give me another suggestions to waste my EC for, within the range of 1 to 100 EC's. Just keep in mind my mostly function with the gun is sparring, but it would be awesome if it could help PK'ing too.

--------------------
    UPDATE:

Another gun comparation I will make with the Ion SMG and the Ion Pistols, considering the nerf.

Name - Ion SMG
    Freeze - 0.13 (-0,0275)
    Firerate - 0.33 (+0,105)
    Spread - 0.06 (-0,05)
    Clip - 12 (-8)

Reload: 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Name - Ion Pistol
    Freeze - 0.1575 (+0,0275)
    Firerate - 0.225 (-0,105)
    Spread - 0.11 (+0,05)
    Clip - 20 (+8)
    Reload - 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

On this case the Ion Pistols have a better clip, spread and fire rate. The reload of the Ion Pistols is okay, but what worries me the most is the freeze.

The Ion SMG have a low clip and the freeze is good, the fire rate kind of slow and the spread decent.

I don't know what gun to choose between this two.
    Last edited by D12*; 05-20-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Stats updated

What's better for spar?

Either one is spammmy. Buy an m4 or gm4 and you're good to go, save your event coins for a saber or something else that will not put you in the spot of someone reliant on an ion item to gain spars. Unless thats what you want....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Carbine for sure

Zephlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Carbine for sure
    Why?

Bc it's the best for spar ok
    I have it btw

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Bc it's the best for spar ok

Carbine, ive used both and the ion pistols feel very slow when firing which can be annoying for a sparer, The carbine is basically like the GM4 and the ion pistols more like the dual wield 150k pistols at aim point island. So it's up to you too decide which you prefer.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    I am very near the 95 EC mark, meaning that I am capable of affording a Ion weapon.
    But I need the help of a weapon expert to tell me what gun is more helpful for spar. I'm between the Ion Carbine and the Ion Pistol.
    My only sparring weapons I have is the M4 and the Cripple Cannon. I'm not a big fan of automatic guns, but I can deal with that.

I'll leave the stats here, so you can compare them. I'll leave with a green color the stats that beat the other gun, and I'll leave with a red color the stats that are worst than the other gun.

Name - Ion Pistol
    Freeze - 0.1575 (+ 0.0175)
    Firerate - 0.225 (- 0.025)
    Spread - 0.11 (+ 0.1)
    Clip - 20
    Reload - 0.3 (+ 0.1)
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Name - Ion Carbine

Freeze - 0.14 (- 0.0175)
    Firerate - 0.25 (+ 0.025)
    Spread - 0.01 (- 0.1)
    Clip - 20
    Reload - 0.2 (- 0.1)
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Some things to consider:
    • I don't see myself using the secondary perks of both guns, in my opinion, I find it very unnecessary the shotgun mode of the Ion Carbine or the jetpack mode of the Ion Pistols (can someone please tell me if that jetpack mode makes you invulnerable of taking damage while you're on air?)
    • The spread of the Ion Pistol is significantly higher that the Ion Carbine, the Ion Carbine seems to shoot like a laser.
    • The reload of the Ion Pistol is pretty slow compared to the Ion Carbine, having a reload of 0.3 seconds.

Thanks to anyone that is deciding to help me, if you want to, you can give me another suggestions to waste my EC for, within the range of 1 to 100 EC's. Just keep in mind my mostly function with the gun is sparring, but it would be awesome if it could help PK'ing too.
    Stats are incorrect. Freeze of ion carbine isn't 0.14, it's 0.12, or less. Ion carbine's significantly better due to the much lower freeze

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    Stats are incorrect. Freeze of ion carbine isn't 0.14, it's 0.12, or less. Ion carbine's significantly better due to the much lower freeze
    I agree

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    JIMMY IS BACK. Also Carbine for sure.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!