Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Lightbulb READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Doing an overhaul of the higher tier weapons is something i've been considering for a little while. The problem I have is with a few guns in particular that I see as weapons that have overly high stats just for the sake of it when one stat variable alone would have been enough to make it worth its price.

The problem with these guns in a 2D game especially considering the server issues a lot of people have is that it's the same repetitive format of everyone using the BAR/P2k/PSG1 for basing, everyone using the Ion Carbine/ GM4/ P2K for sparring etc. None of these guns are fun to fight against. All it comes down to is who lag spikes/ has a hit delay that allows them to be outspammed. It isn't about skill or dodging, it's literally who can get to the bottom first and have a spammier gun to stop the other person from getting down there and shoot up/down until eventually the other person loses.
    The reason why a lot of sparrers still like to use the M4 even though it is worse than most guns they are against is because it is more enjoyable to use as it requires skill on when to shoot/ dodge, same when fighting against it.

The fact is, actual PKing/basing/sparring is dying on era. There are more people afking in start, roleplaying in astros or trading than there are players basing/ sparring combined. This game is about gun combat, those other features are fine but combat is what should be the main part of the game that most people partake in. Currently the only people doing any combat are people with high tier guns as they can dominate anyone that doesn't have a gun close- equal what they are using.

the TLDR is I want to rebalance certain guns that are on the higher spectrum, decrease certain stats, mainly firerate so that gameplay is more competitive. Obviously the majority is going to be against this preposition as unfortunately they will only have the mindset that any changes will mean their gun is not worth what they paid/ want their gun to be as OP as possible so that they can continue to put in less effort into having the ability to actually play the game. All games get rebalances/ stat changes I will be making sure despite the rebalance that the higher tier guns will maintain their hierarchy- meaning that eg BAR will still be better than GM4/ shipka just to a lesser extent. You paid for the guns strength, not the stats hence why actual statistics aren't displayed ingame as they are subject to change- and the guns will still maintain their strength.

- Rather than complain I suggest you post suggestions/ what you want to see changed as this is your opportunity to provide feedback. Changes will most likely occur unless something comes up so don't waste your opportunity to have a say on comments regarding refunds/ don't nerf things along those lines as they probably won't be acknowledged.

Here are the changes so far that I would like to see added- you can say if you think a change is too little/ too much providing you give an alternative that isn't just "keep it how it is" and your reason for that alternative.
    (the bold text is the new stat- refer to https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ated-Gun-Stats if you need explanations on what the variables mean (whether higher numbers on freeze/ firerate are better or worse)

Name - Ghost M4
    Freeze - 0.145
    Firerate - 0.265 0.3
    Spread - 0.05 0.065
    Clip - 17 21
    Reload - 0.4 0.55
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N | Y
    Stacked - N

Reason- The GM4 already has the best (lowest) freeze rate of any other 9 damage gun in the game, the extremely high firerate was overkill especially in addition to its already high clip size. The AUTO feature was an oversight as it allowed people to easily spam the weapon, with the freeze/ firerate giving next to no room to avoid any of the bullets effectively resulting in the gun being used as a bullet wall/ cornering gun that relies heavily on spamming the person to the point that they have no room to fight back. The higher spread/ slower firerate should help to give the occasional gap in the bullet wall that can allow for the opponent to dodge. The clip increase allows for a substantial amount of ammo at the cost of a higher reload time to reduce the incentive of spamming and provide breathing room when the user runs out of ammo.
    - Auto promotes the spam of the gun, changing it back to how it used to be. Because of this i'll probably give the GM4 a new ability such as onback/ maybe a knife to fill in for the lack of auto

Name - Ion Carbine
    Freeze - 0.14
    Firerate - 0.25 0.3
    Spread - 0.01
    Clip - 20
    Reload - 0.2 0.475
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Reason- These changes were made for the same reason as the GM4, whilst retaining a slightly higher firerate at the cost of Auto fire, as well as a slightly lower freeze rate to compensate for it not being a buyable item that any player can instantly access

Name - BAR
    Freeze - 0.2
    Firerate - 0.24 0.3
    Spread - 0.062 0.08
    Clip - 20
    Reload - 0.35 0.5
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Reason- The BAR has always had an excessively high firerate despite it being one of the higher damaging guns in the game. Its relatively medium reload with a large clip allowed for it to be easily spammed and out damage most opponents. Its freezerate is higher than most but not enough for it to be anything significant against most guns with the exception of higher tier 9 damage weapons with freeze rates of 0.15 and below. Despite its slight disadvantage against lower freeze guns, in 1v1 situations the BAR user had room for error due to its ability to kill in 1 less bullet which forces opponents to be more careful as the BAR will almost always win. The lower firerate will combat the BARs spam effectiveness in bases, allowing for a chance to rush the BAR user if they are not careful enough to shoot in the right directions/ react fast enough. The higher spread/ reload time will give more potential to dodge shots however the higher spread in some cases may serve to benefit the BAR user from a bullet going in a direction the opponent may not have expected.

Name- P2K
    Freeze - 0.1275 | 0.1475 0.14 | 0.1475
    Firerate - 0.265 | 0.2 0.29 | 0.255
    Spread - 0
    Clip - 16 | 32 10 | 20
    Reload - 0.15 0.45
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- single variant of the gun had overly strong stats for its price. The gun cost 100k and had better stats than the GM4 at 187k. Yes the gun is a reward gun but the price difference does not justify how much better it is. At the least it should be more on the equal side/ slightly better/ worse in some area, with the benefit being the low cost.
    Dual version had unrealistic stats, extremely high clip- 2nd highest in the game with the lowest reload time in the game- constant spam weapon. Paired with the equal highest firerate of any 9 damage gun in the game- its stats were too extreme especially for the PK requirement. I agree it shouldn't have been sold for 100k each- wasn't my decision, can't change gun prices unfortunately so this will have to do. Gun still retains better stats than the GM4- effectively becoming what the GM4 used to be but not as readily accessible to the majority of players because of its PK requirements.

Name - MTARX
    Freeze - 0.15
    Firerate - 0.2 0.265
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 25 17
    Reload - 0.35
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y N
    Stacked - N

Reason- relatively the same as the P2Ks reasoning, lower clip size/ freeze rate due to it not being a reward gun- gun was intended as a very exclusive gun which is why it had such good stats, was unfortunately over hosted by staff not aware of this and so the higher stats were no longer really justified.

Name - Rafor
    Freeze - 0.145
    Firerate - 0.27 0.3
    Spread - 0.065
    Clip - 14
    Reload - 0.2 0.4
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Reason- Effectively the same stats as the GM4 so same reasons, slightly higher firerate due to it being an exclusive auction weapon, countered anyway by the lower clip size.

Name - MP5a5
    Freeze - 0.105
    Firerate - 0.26 0.28
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 18
    Reload - 0.4
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- Increasing firerate to bring it inline with the other firerate increases. Low freeze rate justified by the high requirements.

Name - Shipka
    Freeze - 0.21
    Firerate - 0.29
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 20 15
    Reload - 0.15 0.35
    Bullets - 2
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- not too much wrong with the gun statistically aside from the extremely low reload time paired with excessive clip size for a gun with relatively high spread, firing 2 bullets. Allows for too much bullet streaming with little to no consequence of spamming constantly. Longer reload/ smaller clip size should slightly remedy that, allowing more openings during reload to engage the user

Name - Souizen/ FMG9/ BAG
    Freeze - 0.12
    Firerate - 0.25 0.32
    Spread - 0.06
    Clip - 12
    Reload - 0.4
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Reasoning- again, bringing firerate inline with other weapons, freeze rate justified by its auction exclusivity and low clip size paired with a higher reload time.

Name - PSG1
    Freeze - 0.23
    Firerate - 0.28
    Spread - 0
    Clip - 14
    Reload - 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N No
    Stacked - N

Reason- Higher freeze/ PK requirement allows for the higher firerate compared to the BAR, countered by the lower clipsize and lack of auto fire in standing mode to decrease the incentive to hold fire spam.

Name - Vector
    Freeze - 0.15
    Firerate - 0.29 0.3
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 14
    Reload - 0.3 0.45
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- Slight increase to compensate for m4a3 nerfs so that vector does not become 'better' as a result

Name - PBP
    Freeze - 0.4
    Firerate - 0.4
    Spread - 0.15
    Clip - 5
    Reload - 0.23 0.4
    Bullets - 4
    Auto - N
    Stacked - Y

Name - M4a3
    Freeze - 0.136
    Firerate - 0.25 | 0.28 0.2875 | 0.32
    Spread - 0.04 | 0.08
    Clip - 16 | 10 18 | 10
    Reload - 0.2 | 0.1 0.35 | 0.15
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- bringing firerate up as with other 9 damage guns. Maintains slightly higher firerate/ lower freeze to compensate for its Spar requirements and spread. Clip slightly increased due to the slight reload time increase.

That's the changes so far that I have considered- keep in mind to compare the new stats of the gun with new stats of the other guns, knowing that whilst the BAR won't be as good, the GM4 necessarily won't be either, therefore they will still remain in the current position of "what gun is better" as they currently are just to a lesser extent.
    Changes may lead to people using a greater range of guns than before, changing the META of peoples loadouts so it isn't just- bar, ion, gm4, p2k and the occasional vector/ m4.
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 05-14-2017 at 04:22 AM.

I'm all for weapon balancing since it removes the whole idea of the game being pay to win.

One thing I would suggest is for movement speed to be impacted on certain heavier guns, such as the Minigun or the PBP, maybe even the BAR.

Another thing I would suggest is to decrease clip size by a small tad on certain weapons such as the GM4 to prevent spamming. That and maybe more freeze time.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Name - M4a3
    Freeze - 0.136
    Firerate - 0.25 | 0.28 0.27 | 0.3
    Spread - 0.04 | 0.08
    Clip - 16 | 10 18 | 10
    Reload - 0.2 | 0.1 0.35 | 0.15
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- bringing firerate up as with other 9 damage guns. Maintains slightly higher firerate/ lower freeze to compensate for its Spar requirements and spread. Clip slightly increased due to the slight reload time increase.

That's the changes so far that I have considered- keep in mind to compare the new stats of the gun with new stats of the other guns, knowing that whilst the BAR won't be as good, the GM4 necessarily won't be either, therefore they will still remain in the current position of "what gun is better" as they currently are just to a lesser extent.
    Changes may lead to people using a greater range of guns than before, changing the META of peoples loadouts so it isn't just- bar, ion, gm4, p2k and the occasional vector/ m4.
    I think these changes will be a good start but of course considering the amount and the fact that I can't really test them in a gameplay environment I can't be sure if the changes are too little until I actually make the changes but I think they should be fine.

Why did you make the firerate slower? it is the main problem when combating the GM4, that they both have nearly the same Firerate. In any case the firerate should've been kept the same and the freeze should have been decreased along with a better reload, this because:
    1. As the gun has a requirement, it should be slightly better than any other alike stock gun.
    2. There is less people with M4a3 than there is with GM4, therefore you are allowing a majority to have an advantage against what should be a privileged minority (anyone who owns an M4a3). Since there is a minority that would be privileged with an M4a3 statistically better than a GM4 there should be no complaints for this advantage, as i said, is not overpopulated and its not too overpowered. Instead, you are making us shoot slower and reload slower just because you are giving us 2 extra bullets that we don't need because we used to have a better reload.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Why did you make the firerate slower? it is the main problem when combating the GM4, that they both have nearly the same Firerate. In any case the firerate should've been kept the same and the freeze should have been decreased along with a better reload, this because:
    1. As the gun has a requirement, it should be slightly better than any other alike stock gun.
    2. There is less people with M4a3 than there is with GM4, therefore you are allowing a majority to have an advantage against what should be a privileged minority (anyone who owns an M4a3). Since there is a minority that would be privileged with an M4a3 statistically better than a GM4 there should be no complaints for this advantage, as i said, is not overpopulated and its not too overpowered. Instead, you are making us shoot slower and reload slower just because you are giving us 2 extra bullets that we don't need because we used to have a better reload.
    Stop trying to justify a way to buff the m4a3 to be even better than it already is. I said these changes would not impact the guns heirarchy. M4a3 is 100k and has a hand flip feature. Despite being 87k cheaper it still has less freeze, faster firerate, faster reload. Doesn't matter how big/ small the difference between the two are, m4a3 still has statistically better stats. It doesn't need to be drastically better to justify its price and requirements even if it had identicle stats to the gm4, you would still be getting it for 87k cheaper which would have been enough to warrant it being a reward item.

Doesn't matter how many people own the m4a3, it's not a limited gun, as time goes by more and more people will get it until you see the majority of sparrers using it like with the vector

I disagree with this, yes it maybe the right thing but by doing this you are gonna make most of the veteran players leave. Yes some of them leave because of real life problems, thinking of their future, etc; however, some of them leave because their favorite weapon gets changed (stat wise) and they try to adapt to another gun but can't and quit.

I might just quit in general cuz bar was mentioned in there.

Although I can see where you're coming from...you want the new players to have more of a chance and it to be a little more fair.
    But you also said a while back that you wanted to add a better gun then bar. SO depending if that gun is as good bar or better I'll have my iTunes on hold till then.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Manager
    Name - Vector
    Freeze - 0.15
    Firerate - 0.29
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 14
    Reload - 0.3
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - Y
    Stacked - N

Name - Ion Carbine
    Freeze - 0.14 (-0.01) +
    Firerate - 0.275 (-0.015) +
    Spread - 0.01 (-0.08) -
    Clip - 20 (+6) +
    Reload - 0.5 (+0.2) -
    Bullets - 1 (same)
    Auto - No (No auto vs auto) -
    Stacked - N (same)

In my opinion, the changes to the ion carbine would make it pretty close to the level of a vector. (which i don't think is a good thing)
    IMO this drops the ion carbine tier, i'd much rather deal with the downsides of the vector + only have 0.3 reload freeze than deal with 0.5 reload freeze.
    Interesting changes though, complex was a little spammy, so hopefully these changes combat that.
    Last edited by Junz; 05-04-2017 at 04:26 PM.

I disagree with this completely, the sparring is fine now, with Chem removed it literally fixed everything, I'm actually more successful now without Chem. Making longer reloads is ruining the skill aspect, players will get shot will reloading and taking off auto is gonna kill our fingers of taping.

Leave the guns as they are, no changes need to be made, especially ridiculous ones like this

Also make a poll for this, let the community vote

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    I disagree with this completely, the sparring is fine now, with Chem removed it literally fixed everything, I'm actually more successful now without Chem. Making longer reloads is ruining the skill aspect, players will get shot will reloading and taking off auto is gonna kill our fingers of taping.

Leave the guns as they are, no changes need to be made, especially ridiculous ones like this

Also make a poll for this, let the community vote
    ^^^^ Please do not change the current guns lol people will just wait for us to reload so they can rush bottom and guarantee a win
    Since you're looking at this, why not look into my ganis?
    Click here boy-o ^

I prefer guns being auto, since I dont have to repeatedly tap the virtual joypad to fire, which hurts my thumbs

Is there a date when these are going to become in game?