Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by PINEHONEY View Post
    Bar's new firerate and reload is a little overkill, even with the compensation of the higher spread. I would suggest some middle ground in between the old and new stats of the bar and in general all the guns suggested. The firerates should not be toned down that much. The game combat mechanic is supposed to be pretty fast-paced compared to the other graal games. Toning this down, from a baser's point of view, only benefits the sparring scene. Basing is all about using the surroundings to your advantage, on the other hand, sparring is all about using 'skill' to out-do the enemy in a tight space. They both require 'skill', just for different reasons. This is also the reason why different guns are used depending on the format of play. 'spammier' guns are used in basing as otherwise duels may and can take ages to gratify a winner.

The suggested nerfs you provided only benefits the sparring scene. Nerfing the guns is fine, every game with a competitive player base has to accept that. However in this case, the format of 'nerfing' has to be revised. You need a middle ground between sparring and basing, not just satisfying one scene more than the other.
    Middle ground still makes it one of the fastest 9-10 damage guns in the game. This change on the bar was more focused to its performance in basing than sparring.
    The change won't even be as significant as people think. Most people hold fire spam the bar rather than tap fire. Hold fire is slower than tap firing so it would be more like 0.27-0.28 than 0.24. The only people that will notice a large change are people who can actually tap fire the bar to get it close to the 0.24 potential
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 05-05-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Why are you trying to appeal to the people at the start and Astros anyways. They dont support the server in any way. Even if you do these changes I bet very few people will leave. They play this game just for the interactions with other people. You act like Era is ONLY a gun-based game. Those kids don't buy any Gralats to support the game anyways. They just lag out the server.

Also changing the reload on all of these guns will just make it no different skill-wise. It won't be hard to just wait for a person to reload to rush.

It's weird how you say this is better for the community when I see mostly negative comments about this on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CFC View Post
    Why are you trying to appeal to the people at the start and Astros anyways. They dont support the server in any way. Even if you do these changes I bet very few people will leave. They play this game just for the interactions with other people. You act like Era is ONLY a gun-based game. Those kids don't buy any Gralats to support the game anyways. They just lag out the server.

Also changing the reload on all of these guns will just make it no different skill-wise. It won't be hard to just wait for a person to reload to rush.

It's weird how you say this is better for the community when I see mostly negative comments about this on here.
    That's because the era player base is predominantly young and don't see the value in game balances. Other games that revolve around balance eg overwatch that have an older audience in terms of forum use generally are supportive towards balances/ nerfs as it balances the game as a whole. the era community mindset is "my gun will be worse therefore I won't be able to get as many easy kills with it so I don't want it to happen."

And I'm not appealing to Astros or start players, the players I am appealing to are newer players who want to try to be competitive in the games pking aspects but don't want to have to spend $70 just to be able to have a chance. It's pointless to cater towards the current pking/basing/sparring demographic as they are a slowly decreasing number of players. If pking is more accessible for more people, then more people will do it and then bases/ spar arenas might actually be populated again for the first time in several years which is better for everyone but the basing elitist a who want to have the most op guns and least amount of players basing possible so they gain uncontested hours against the occasional noob who has 0 chance of killing anyone

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    Doing an overhaul of the higher tier weapons is something i've been considering for a little while. The problem I have is with a few guns in particular that I see as weapons that have overly high stats just for the sake of it when one stat variable alone would have been enough to make it worth its price.

The problem with these guns in a 2D game especially considering the server issues a lot of people have is that it's the same repetitive format of everyone using the BAR/P2k/PSG1 for basing, everyone using the Ion Carbine/ GM4/ P2K for sparring etc. None of these guns are fun to fight against. All it comes down to is who lag spikes/ has a hit delay that allows them to be outspammed. It isn't about skill or dodging, it's literally who can get to the bottom first and have a spammier gun to stop the other person from getting down there and shoot up/down until eventually the other person loses.
    The reason why a lot of sparrers still like to use the M4 even though it is worse than most guns they are against is because it is more enjoyable to use as it requires skill on when to shoot/ dodge, same when fighting against it.

The fact is, actual PKing/basing/sparring is dying on era. There are more people afking in start, roleplaying in astros or trading than there are players basing/ sparring combined. This game is about gun combat, those other features are fine but combat is what should be the main part of the game that most people partake in. Currently the only people doing any combat are people with high tier guns as they can dominate anyone that doesn't have a gun close- equal what they are using.

the TLDR is I want to rebalance certain guns that are on the higher spectrum, decrease certain stats, mainly firerate so that gameplay is more competitive. Obviously the majority is going to be against this preposition as unfortunately they will only have the mindset that any changes will mean their gun is not worth what they paid/ want their gun to be as OP as possible so that they can continue to put in less effort into having the ability to actually play the game. All games get rebalances/ stat changes I will be making sure despite the rebalance that the higher tier guns will maintain their hierarchy- meaning that eg BAR will still be better than GM4/ shipka just to a lesser extent. You paid for the guns strength, not the stats hence why actual statistics aren't displayed ingame as they are subject to change- and the guns will still maintain their strength.

- Rather than complain I suggest you post suggestions/ what you want to see changed as this is your opportunity to provide feedback. Changes will most likely occur unless something comes up so don't waste your opportunity to have a say on comments regarding refunds/ don't nerf things along those lines as they probably won't be acknowledged.

Here are the changes so far that I would like to see added- you can say if you think a change is too little/ too much providing you give an alternative that isn't just "keep it how it is" and your reason for that alternative.
    (the bold text is the new stat- refer to https://www.era-go.com/forum/showthr...ated-Gun-Stats if you need explanations on what the variables mean (whether higher numbers on freeze/ firerate are better or worse)

Name - Ghost M4
    Freeze - 0.145
    Firerate - 0.265 0.28
    Spread - 0.05 0.065
    Clip - 17 21
    Reload - 0.4 0.6
    Bullets - 1
    Auto - N | Y No
    Stacked - N

Reason- The GM4 already has the best (lowest) freeze rate of any other 9 damage gun in the game, the extremely high firerate was overkill especially in addition to its already high clip size. The AUTO feature was an oversight as it allowed people to easily spam the weapon, with the freeze/ firerate giving next to no room to avoid any of the bullets effectively resulting in the gun being used as a bullet wall/ cornering gun that relies heavily on spamming the person to the point that they have no room to fight back. The higher spread/ slower firerate should help to give the occasional gap in the bullet wall that can allow for the opponent to dodge. The clip increase allows for a substantial amount of ammo at the cost of a higher reload time to reduce the incentive of spamming and provide breathing room when the user runs out of ammo.
    - Auto promotes the spam of the gun, changing it back to how it used to be. Because of this i'll probably give the GM4 a new ability such as onback/ maybe a knife to fill in for the lack of auto
    Hmm...Reasonable change. although my GM4 is going to have to do away with auto-mode, I still look forward to the other function to make up for it!
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Overall, I appreciate the nerfs across the board for reload speeds. Much of the reason spam was so heavy was because you were never really punished for it. Gaps to escape were too small for most with such tiny reload windows. I'm not familiar with the reload speeds of lower tier guns, but are there any others that's possibly spammable by design?
    Author of EraAWSD: http://era-go.com/forum/showthread.p...l=1#post195094 (Updated 15-09-2015)

Just some music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h41Rrk_6rzs (Updated 02-20-2016)

Great another bar nerf, sam just let us play the game. Did you get ever consider that those people trade and roleplay because they WANT to? Looks like im forced to hold out on anything while this ego maniac goes around doing whatever

Nous savons ce que nous sommes, mais savons pas ce que nous pouvons ĂȘtre.

William Shakespear

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    You don't seem to really understand how it works. You want it to be like BAR does 15 damage, M4 does 8 damage. Obviously this isn't realistic but my point is you want the BAR (bar being a representation of an op gun, I don't literally mean the gun itself).
    In the sense that the bar is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the m4 and that's what you want guns to be like. If the bar was 13 damage, and the m4 was 12 damage, the bar is STILL BETTER, therefore still being worth a higher price than the m4 just not at such a great extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and the weapons still are better based on their price, just not SIGNIFICANTLY better. I don't see why you have such a hard time understanding that. The rebalanced ion carbine is still slightly better than the rebalanced gm4. Look at the stats, doesn't matter if the margin is small, it's still a margin that is higher than that of the other gun therefore making is superior.

If two guns had identicle stats/ looks but one gun had a 12 clip and the other had a 13 clip, even if the difference is so small as a 1 bullet difference, people will still use the 13 clip because that 1 bullet difference makes it better.
    This rebalance is effectively making a 20 clip gun down to a 13 clip gun. It's less than before, but it's still better than the 12 clip gun
    No no, I could care less about the bar unless I'm basing, but Pine and CFC are right, this change is going to hurt spar and take away its skill value, in which that whole point was why multiplex was created. In reality there is no issue with sparring right now, no reason to make any changes when nobody complained about anything in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    No no, I could care less about the bar unless I'm basing, but Pine and CFC are right, this change is going to hurt spar and take away its skill value, in which that whole point was why multiplex was created. In reality there is no issue with sparring right now, no reason to make any changes when nobody complained about anything in the first place.
    Sorry but your responses are literally hurting my head. HOW DOES NERFING OVERPOWERED GUNS TAKE AWAY SKILL FROM SPARRING.
    You just keep saying different things in each post, none of it even making sense. Just trying to keep op guns op. You were the poster boy against any nerfs on the chem gun and now you're trying to do the same with your ion carbine.

If you want skill based play as you claim, then this rebalance would benefit you as if you actually have skill, you will be better sparring against players who just used OP guns and don't have any actual skill to compete after it's nerfed until they readjust to the stats.

Multiplex was created for an equal sparring field. These rebalances aren't exclusive to sparring or basing, it is everything. They are meant to fix issues shared in both areas. Just because the guns are rebalanced doesn't mean sparring will be equally fair for everyone. Gun tiers still matter, you just won't be obliterated by the OP guns within seconds of the spar starting hence why multiplex will still be relevant

You didn't even read the post you quoted me on, you just saw bar and assumed that's what the post was about when in reality it had nothing to do with the bar itself. If you read the post you quoted you would know I was using the bar as an example to demonstraight a hypothetical point that no matter the value difference a gun is, if it's still higher than the gun you are comparing it to then it still remains a superior gun
    Last edited by BiTzSam; 05-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    As a gun admin you seem like you don't really know much about guns. The gm4 is basically an m4 that can switch firemodes to change the play style, but if you're going to make it only semi that will make a 187k m4?
    You do realize the GM4 was semi on release. its always been one of the best spar guns. Its always out performed the normal M4.

Delt Graphics Team

When are you gonna implement these nerfs in game?