Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

guys its about the skills, we can still make do with a weaker gun. But those new players need to survive so we gotta give them a chance to do so - by having a gun less powerful to make these players easy kills to exploit.

Stop being egoistic and self-centered people.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    guys its about the skills, we can still make do with a weaker gun. But those new players need to survive so we gotta give them a chance to do so - by having a gun less powerful to make these players easy kills to exploit.

Stop being egoistic and self-centered people.
    Stop being so fake just to get hired

Newer players arnt quitting because they can't compete with higher tier guns, they quit because they have 0 clue how to play the game. When I started playing I quit in the first day because it took me an hour to find my way out of the spawn hospital and the map looked like a maze to me and I didn't understand anything. Games are suppose to have overpowered things so that it gives newer players something to work for. How hard is it to understand that guns aren't the reason this game is failing. First let's start with a new server then talk about why our manager has been missing for 2 months.

I agree with those who say that basing should be reworked, and totally agree that there needs to be fresh content to keep people interested, but i also agree that the gun scene needs changed. I agree it won't make everyone suddenly interested in basing and sparring, but something needs to be changed, because its terribly uneven.

What exactly needs to be done? No damn clue. But Sam is trying, and that's what matters. He's the gun admin, not in charge of putting out countryside or anything else (as far as i know). He's doing what he can, and he honestly didn't have to make a thread asking our opinions (or listen to them for that matter.) But he is, and yet you're belittling him because why? You don't agree with his opinion? Seriously? Smh. Instead of flaming him, work with him and don't immediately disregard his opinion. Offer other things that HE can do instead of just saying "no, no, its not gonna work"

EDIT:
    "Be a problem solver, not a problem finder"
    -Mom, my entire life
    Last edited by Toxic132; 05-07-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to say something

Quote Originally Posted by Zernov View Post
    Newer players arnt quitting because they can't compete with higher tier guns, they quit because they have 0 clue how to play the game. When I started playing I quit in the first day because it took me an hour to find my way out of the spawn hospital and the map looked like a maze to me and I didn't understand anything. Games are suppose to have overpowered things so that it gives newer players something to work for. How hard is it to understand that guns aren't the reason this game is failing. First let's start with a new server then talk about why our manager has been missing for 2 months.
    All of you are completely overexaggerating the change. You're acting like after the rebalance there will be no strong guns anymore and the starter pistol will be able to beat the bar.

How hard is it for you to understand, and how many times do I have to post that this change isn't making gun even, it is just make them less overpowered. Than before. Doesn't mean they still won't be extremely strong guns it just means they won't overkill op like some of them currently are.
    I'll use this example AGAIN. Using two average players, one using a BAR the other using an M4. After this change instead of the BAR winning in 1v1 fights 9/10 times, it will be winning 6/10 times. The gun still makes you perform better than your skill level, it just allows room for actually skilled players to have more of a chance to use skill to beat you than their gun. It will still be difficult for them to do that, and if the BAR user is a skilled player then it probably won't change much.

This change will be a start at seperating those who are skilled at the game using those OP guns and those who just bought the weapons to compensate for a lack of skill. Just because you spent money on a game you aren't good at shouldn't mean you automatically can now beat most people just because of the gun you are using.

For the people who keep saying "the playercount is still high or basing/ sparring isn't dying". Have you actually looked around? Go into any base and at most you will see 1 gang trying to attack a base. The rest of the bases just having mostly afk members, with the occasional 1-2 people attacking it.
    Go around to every spar arena in the map and see if you can spar more than 1-2 people for a period longer than 5 minutes in any arena but complex.

There are 2000 people online with less than 50 of them sparring at any one time (and that's generous) 50-75 basing and then maybe 500 or so pking outside. That leaves over 1300 people who are not participating in the core aspect of the game. Sure some of them are digging but that doesn't necessarily mean they are working weapon let alone a weapon that is good enough to go against the high tier guns in their current state.
    New players join the game, try to pk the first few days, get destroyed by everyone getting hardly any kills. Think it's unfair that they can't even have a an enjoyable time playing the pk aspect of the game unless they spend $60 then subsequently either quit or do something in the game that doesn't require buying a weapon.
    The rebalance isn't going to change that too much anyway, new players will still need to buy a strong weapon to compete, and if they don't have any game skill they will still probably lose to those 'op' guns 9/10 times. I'll reiterate again, this rebalance is to reintroduce some level of skill into the combat system rather than the combat being purely based on outdamaging/ outspamming the other person.

I'd be surprised how many people noticed any significant changes if I made them without saying anything before hand. When players think somethings happened they generally overreact the changes. Eg- that one time I said I buffed the p2ks when I actually hadn't done anything to them which resulted in players thanking me and acting like they were stronger now ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    All of you are completely overexaggerating the change. You're acting like after the rebalance there will be no strong guns anymore and the starter pistol will be able to beat the bar.

How hard is it for you to understand, and how many times do I have to post that this change isn't making gun even, it is just make them less overpowered. Than before. Doesn't mean they still won't be extremely strong guns it just means they won't overkill op like some of them currently are.
    I'll use this example AGAIN. Using two average players, one using a BAR the other using an M4. After this change instead of the BAR winning in 1v1 fights 9/10 times, it will be winning 6/10 times. The gun still makes you perform better than your skill level, it just allows room for actually skilled players to have more of a chance to use skill to beat you than their gun. It will still be difficult for them to do that, and if the BAR user is a skilled player then it probably won't change much.

This change will be a start at seperating those who are skilled at the game using those OP guns and those who just bought the weapons to compensate for a lack of skill. Just because you spent money on a game you aren't good at shouldn't mean you automatically can now beat most people just because of the gun you are using.

For the people who keep saying "the playercount is still high or basing/ sparring isn't dying". Have you actually looked around? Go into any base and at most you will see 1 gang trying to attack a base. The rest of the bases just having mostly afk members, with the occasional 1-2 people attacking it.
    Go around to every spar arena in the map and see if you can spar more than 1-2 people for a period longer than 5 minutes in any arena but complex.

There are 2000 people online with less than 50 of them sparring at any one time (and that's generous) 50-75 basing and then maybe 500 or so pking outside. That leaves over 1300 people who are not participating in the core aspect of the game. Sure some of them are digging but that doesn't necessarily mean they are working weapon let alone a weapon that is good enough to go against the high tier guns in their current state.
    New players join the game, try to pk the first few days, get destroyed by everyone getting hardly any kills. Think it's unfair that they can't even have a an enjoyable time playing the pk aspect of the game unless they spend $60 then subsequently either quit or do something in the game that doesn't require buying a weapon.
    The rebalance isn't going to change that too much anyway, new players will still need to buy a strong weapon to compete, and if they don't have any game skill they will still probably lose to those 'op' guns 9/10 times. I'll reiterate again, this rebalance is to reintroduce some level of skill into the combat system rather than the combat being purely based on outdamaging/ outspamming the other person.

I'd be surprised how many people noticed any significant changes if I made them without saying anything before hand. When players think somethings happened they generally overreact the changes. Eg- that one time I said I buffed the p2ks when I actually hadn't done anything to them which resulted in players thanking me and acting like they were stronger now ingame.
    I think when everyone disagrees with you, you know you're doing something

We're not stupid, hence why staff are hired on here at 13+
    yo

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    I think when everyone disagrees with you, you know you're doing something

We're not stupid, hence why staff are hired on here at 13+
    Out of curiosity, who is this everyone? Not me for sure, and there's a few others who disagree with you. Is "everyone" just people who agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic132 View Post
    Out of curiosity, who is this everyone? Not me for sure, and there's a few others who disagree with you. Is "everyone" just people who agree with you?
    Did you not see the swarm of players arguing against bitzsam today? And this thread is mostly disagreements
    yo

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    Did you not see the swarm of players arguing against bitzsam today? And this thread is mostly disagreements
    I genuinely don't think you know how game balancing works in p2w games. Obviously the community reaction is going to be mostly negative as I acknowledged on the first page of this thread because for the most part players would prefer to have their weapons stronger, knowing they're op than accept the fact that they do cause issues and should be nerfed to better gameplay across the board. There is a reason other p2w games/ shooters in general don't discuss balancing with players, because the players are generally biased towards the weapons they have/ like using and want them to stay the way they are.

If I were to make these changes the same way any other game does it, this thread wouldn't even exist. If you want to know what the changes were you'd have to find a changelog text document posted by a developer in patch notes, and even then have to go to a 3rd party source to find what the actual statistical changes are.

I'm not making this thread to reach a decision on whether or not the guns are being rebalanced. I made this thread to inform you of the changes so that you are aware of what's to come and the reason for those changes, and for you to have the opportunity to compromise with the changes providing you have an actual valid reason to support it. The fact that you keep posting what I said at the start of this thread NOT to do just shows that you didn't even read it.

@xur you don't even respond to the point I make. You state something, I respond to those things and then you completely ignore the response I already gave you and say the same thing or just rehash things other people are saying. Pretty sure I have said to you specifically a total of 4 times the reason why i'm not 'listening' to the community opinion on balancing and the reason for it

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    I genuinely don't think you know how game balancing works in p2w games. Obviously the community reaction is going to be mostly negative as I acknowledged on the first page of this thread because for the most part players would prefer to have their weapons stronger, knowing they're op than accept the fact that they do cause issues and should be nerfed to better gameplay across the board. There is a reason other p2w games/ shooters in general don't discuss balancing with players, because the players are generally biased towards the weapons they have/ like using and want them to stay the way they are.

If I were to make these changes the same way any other game does it, this thread wouldn't even exist. If you want to know what the changes were you'd have to find a changelog text document posted by a developer in patch notes, and even then have to go to a 3rd party source to find what the actual statistical changes are.

I'm not making this thread to reach a decision on whether or not the guns are being rebalanced. I made this thread to inform you of the changes so that you are aware of what's to come and the reason for those changes, and for you to have the opportunity to compromise with the changes providing you have an actual valid reason to support it. The fact that you keep posting what I said at the start of this thread NOT to do just shows that you didn't even read it.

@xur you don't even respond to the point I make. You state something, I respond to those things and then you completely ignore the response I already gave you and say the same thing or just rehash things other people are saying. Pretty sure I have said to you specifically a total of 4 times the reason why i'm not 'listening' to the community opinion on balancing and the reason for it
    Yo Sam. I think I need to say a few words from an unbiased perspective.
    I appreciate your attempt to shift the environment from a cash-based to skill-based. It makes playing the game more manageable instead of being dominated by those who paid for powerful guns.

However, what some of the players brought up do make some sense, albeit most of them stem from an egoistic point of view. I am certain in every gun nerf people will oppose.
    But at the same time, perhaps you could see this from the players' point of view too, just as much you want them to see it from yours.

From what I can see, you've been refuting responses agaisnt the idea of the nerf being a bad one. And you did not attempt to consider their viewpoints when you said you started the thread to inform and not to open up for discussion. It sounds abit self-centred and selfish here because the player's opinions aren't considered before changes are made.

We all know that players will definitely oppose to nerfs (as you have acknowledged at first hand), however, i feel that it would be good if you actually considered some of their viewpoints instead of insisting on the change based on your sole observation.

The players too have observed the community and some would no doubt have had a higher level of understanding of the weapons than you do, so perhaps considering their opinions would direct you to a more accurate stats update instead of dismissing them as trying to fight for their interests.

At the end of the day the most important thing about gun nerfs is that a consensus is reached between the admins and the players. If players fail to fathom the change because of you disregarding their concerns, then its difficult for the stats to be updated with little friction.
    Thank you.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.