Page 23 of 114 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    You obviously don't understand the amount of time people spent to earn these reward guns. You got the M4a3 because you are the creator and the gun admin. But unlike you, others had to actually work for it. From my knowledge you have not gotten either the Vector or M4a3 from sparring, but from your advantage to get them since you made them. Put it like this. A billionaire buys a house for 10 million. Obviously not a big deal. Then an average person buys a million dollar house which they are totally fine with. Then there's a fire, which burns the house down. Now they are forced to pay for the damages and the house again. Just an example not saying that really happens. That's basically the same concept. I don't see the reason for nerfing the M4a3 or Vector. We worked our asses off playing a game just so we could get these guns. Don't you think we have the right to have the advantages? Obviously not. Your claim that this will balance the guns is completely false. This makes the Gm4 very close to the stats of the M4a3. You mentioned with iMagic that the price of the M4a3 is less than the Gm4 which is why the gun stats should be similar to the Gm4. But the M4a3 is 22.5k wins. If you nerf the M4a3, you will make spar die even MORE because some people are sparring for the M4a3, and the nerf will just lower their interest in the M4a3. Since the Gm4 is similar to the M4a3, they will just buy/use it knowing that there isn't much of a difference between the two guns. Sam, you think spar/base/pking is dying? How about you make it better. This is just making it worse. I like the idea of the Gm4 nerf and addon of a knife. More people will want to use the gun then. And you guys get more money from the iTunes boys. Now seriously don't change the reward gun stats. They are fine just the way they are. You also need to decrease the stats of guns that are similar to reward guns too. Example, Gm4 is close to M4a3. Now I'll be waiting for another one of your silly responses for me to give a logical and more accurate explanation on. Or you can realize that what i'm saying is correct, and not respond, or say thank you.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Quote Originally Posted by *Lex View Post
    So far what ive seen is that its a vocal minority, most people ive asked is in favor of the changes.
    *asks people who don't bother to even spend time or money on this game & those who r going to quit in a few mins*

its like youre just bored and want to mess with the guns and are just trying to justify it whatever way you can.

there isnt anything wrong with anything other than your inability to add new content and finish worthwhile projects like countryside.

also youre forgetting people spend real money on these items and may not have bought a certain weapon if its stats werent what they were sold as. youre messing with peoples real money

create a poll and advertise in game and see what people say

or again ban certain weapons from spar or basing like you did with chem.

Quote Originally Posted by killakev View Post
    or again ban certain weapons from spar or basing like you did with chem.

You would rather have guns banned from spar/basing altogether rather than have them rebalanced? Seriously? I don't understand the thought process behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    You would rather have guns banned from spar/basing altogether rather than have them rebalanced? Seriously? I don't understand the thought process behind this.
    if bar is a huge problem in spar ban bar from spar, bar in basing is what a majority, keyword majority, of what basers use tho so that argument about it not bein fair is invalid since everyone is using the same guns for the most part, just like gm4 and similar guns is what a majority use in spar.

its fair if a fair majority is using the same guns it comes down to skill then.

chem was a problem in bases so they took the chem away in bases, not that hard of a thought process to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by killakev View Post
    if bar is a huge problem in spar ban bar from spar, bar in basing is what a majority, keyword majority, of what basers use tho so that argument about it not bein fair is invalid since everyone is using the same guns for the most part, just like gm4 and similar guns is what a majority use in spar.

its fair if a fair majority is using the same guns it comes down to skill then.

chem was a problem in bases so they took the chem away in bases, not that hard of a thought process to understand.

So you would not argue if something like this were to happen? Yet you argue when a gun deserves a simple balance change?

Having recently heard about the changes the the guns from my friends, I'm afraid most of you don't understand what Bitzsam is actually acomplishing, so I couldn't help myself to visit the forums and voice my opinion.

What Bitzsam is doing will help really the sparrers in general. As of now, I have nearly 27k spar wins. After achieving my goal of getting the M4a3 (mainly for the pistol aesthetics ), I became inactive, due to not having the time and dedication to I used to. One thing I've learned during my journey sparring is that there are many people sparring for fun, rather than for wins. They reopened my eyes to realize how sparring shouldn't be a grindfest or a chore of getting wins as fast as possible. Sparring is about trying to improve to become the best, but the "easy-win" guns like the Bar, P2K, M4a3, etc, are ruining the game enjoyment of the user themselves (not saying you shouldn't use those guns at all. I mean, you did buy them for a reason).

A sparrer shouldn't have the same playstyle every match, such as spamming bot with a Gm4, or rushing your opponent with a Bar. The repetition of using the same strategy by relying on your weapon won't grant the user the enjoyment of beating an opponent by analyzing how they play, and reacting to their movements with the dodging and predicting skills you've learned over your time sparring. I myself used to only spar with the Vector after purchasing it. I now realized how fun it is to actually use guns like the M4, Famas, Kmp9 against the guns Bitzsam listed. Although my win-loss ratio took a hit, I've thoroughly enjoyed the experiences because I know I'm improving and learning the different ways of dealing with each of the "overpowered" guns (again, not saying you can't use them).

The upcoming nerfs will give sparrers the opportunity to enjoy sparring once again. By reducing the power level of those guns, the users will have to think more during each match, and therefore be able to improve their sparring. It will also give their opponents with weaker guns a more competitive attitude, rather than just saying "oh my opponent won because s/he had an OP gun. I couldn't do anything to win."

I would also like to mention that the reworked guns are still very strong. Remember, EVERY overpowered gun is getting nerfed, so the power of the guns are still relatively proportional to their old stats. In fact, it gives you much more outplay potential. It'll be even easier killing your opponents if you play around the nerfs. For instance, imagine you're PKing using a Bar against another Bar user. The outcome before the reload nerf would usually result in who shot first, but with the changes, you can wait for you opponent to reload to go in for the kill.

Sorry for such a long post (probably filled with grammar errors and misspellings), but after seeing the amount of flame Bitzsam was receiving, I truely hope you guys can understand that he made the gun changes to try to positively impact your experience playing Era.

P.S. I hate to brag, but just to silence the people that don't believe I have 27k wins: I'm the leader of the gang called "wat" so just PM me in game if you wanna confirm my identity or flame me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    So you would not argue if something like this were to happen? Yet you argue when a gun deserves a simple balance change?
    if bar was banned from spar, no i wouldnt argue that.

just like i dont argue chem being banned from basing.

the dynamics in pk and basing is much different though, with much more variables where spar is a square box room the gun stats drastically affect the outcome where as in basing its more based on skill because you're not just in a box like spar.

- - - Updated - - -

when the gun has an unfair advantage on everyone and its exploited like chem was and very few others have it, then its a problem.

BAR is one of the most common guns used now, and majority of basers use BAR, so if the majority has the same weapon, there is no advantage and therefore no reason to change, atleast when it comes to basing.

spar on the other hand gives BAR users an advantage because again its a box and there spread, fire rate , etc has a greater impact on the match if the other person doesnt have BAR.

and it seems the main focus is on spar, so ban BAR from spar so people primarily use spar guns instead. wah lah

You literally didn't even read what I quoted you on where I SPECIFICALLY said that the bar nerf was more orientated towards it's effectiveness in basing.

Zephlyn
    I think that the nerfs are necessary. Months ago everyone was arguing about how this game is based on pay to win, but now that they'll nerf the guns everyone starts getting mad. Of course that if they'll do a poll the players would not vote for a nerf, since a large quantity of players had wasted their money on OP guns already, but this nerfs would make the game more competitive, it'll give more opportunities to the players that doesn't decide to put money into the game.