Page 24 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    I think that the nerfs are necessary. Months ago everyone was arguing about how this game is based on pay to win, but now that they'll nerf the guns everyone starts getting mad. Of course that if they'll do a poll the players would not vote for a nerf, since a large quantity of players had wasted their money on OP guns already, but this nerfs would make the game more competitive, it'll give more opportunities to the players that doesn't decide to put money into the game.
    Its still pay to win?????

Zephlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Its still pay to win?????
    Not too much, because right now you can pay and get a really OP gun, but afterwards (after the nerf) you will paying the same amount of money, for a more balanced gun.

About time, haha.

Though, I confess: I wouldn't have had a need to make Multiplex if this change had been made sooner.
    My main drive behind that project was that I was fed up with people winning with their wallets.

This is one of the best things to happen to iEra =D.

Putting more focus on dodging and less focus on mindless spam is a fantastic step in the right direction for all PKing venues.
    Basing will feel the most benefit -- skilled individuals can finally overpower masses by sheer dodging ability, as it should be.

Somebody winning a fight because of an overpowered weapon can be likened to glitch abuse.
    Bitzsam is patching this glitch.

If a player's entire GraalOnline experience revolves around abusing a glitch, I wish them luck elsewhere.
    I cannot sympathize with a player who quits because a glitch is patched.

It was bound to happen eventually -- It's been an on-and-off topic of conversation since at least 2012.

I know for fact that I have argued in favor of closing the gap between mid-tier and top-tier guns several times:

2013, from Graalians
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph
    I'd love to nerf BAR to having only the advantage of damage, and lower the fire rate.
    I'd also love to have the souizen's fire rate nerfed, and leave it with the advantage of low freeze.

If it weren't for the potential player complaints, this would have been done back in August.
    I encourage you to start a petition, poll, or something that gives backbone to the idea of nerfing the OP guns. I'll even sign it myself, or vote in favor of it.

But I won't do it without sufficient support. That would only cause me to go the route of Cloyd, and get fired for trying to add more emphasis on skill.

Frankly, I don't care if somebody paid $100 for a gun. I care about a player of lesser skill overpowering a skilled player just because he's got money to blow. This should never happen.
    And from 2014, here on these forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    iEra needs to reassess the way it releases guns; at least take a step back from the conveyor belt for a good six months.
    Not just for shotguns, but for guns in general.

Guns are being released so out-of-control nowadays, gun releases are losing their authenticity.
    Where we used to release one gun at a time, I'm seeing entire shops released at a time, with around six guns upon each release.

When you're releasing guns at this rate, you get one of two results:
    • You have a bunch of "new guns" that are nearly exact replicas of something you already have in your inventory. Nothing pisses a player off more than spending hard-earned money on a re-skin.
    • In an attempt to avoid the pitfall above, they realize that they've exhausted the possible stat combinations of the current tier acceptable as an "average gun", and in order to create something new, they create a new tier that blows the previously-average tier out of the water, and set it at a price that competes with the older guns to entice players to purchase them. This not only harbors a "Pay to win" mentality, but it takes it to a whole new level.

I think we've reached a point where the definition of the term "Gun Admin" is misinterpreted.

Real definition of Gun Admin - "I'm here to make sure the gun stats make sense. I'm here to preserve the dignity of these guns, the dignity of PKing, and therefore the dignity of gameplay on the server".

Based on the recent actions, it seems more like, "I'm here to put as many guns out there to satisfy the people's unlimited want for more guns"

On the surface, it's admirable- They're trying to satisfy players' unlimited want for new guns. But the further you dig, it becomes more and more of a crime against the game itself, and it becomes evident that the original mission statement has been thrown out the window.

It's impossible to satisfy an unlimited want, but it is possible to create unsatisfied players by turning their unlimited want into an excuse to ruin gameplay by turning it into Pay2Win, demoralizing the art of PKing in the process. Instead, the focus should be on keeping the game skill-based. You'll satisfy players by staying true to the game they already enjoy.

Ruining gameplay does not keep players; giving them the raw art of PKing that they came here for, and letting them continually practice it to perfection does.

Learning and practicing a skill will retain players much more than if you make it easy for them to win. I guarantee it.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!

Banned
    Yeah i agree, as i said on another thread- it's so unbalanced right now it's crazy.
    Expensive guns will still be better than cheap guns, but it won't be pay-to-win better, there's no excuse for us to let 1 gun dominate the entire game because it's just too good for any competitve player to ignore - that's the sign of a problem.

Ideally, players should be using a variety of guns if they're basing to complement their strategies. ie; players should be using high damage spray or multi-bullet shotguns guns in conjuction with high damage accurate single shot guns. We're not doing our jobs if we're letting one gun dominate the entire games competition.

People will cry for refunds and people will hate it but in 6 months or so, hopefully the community will be thriving under a fairer gun balance

Bitzsam you said before that we had a chance to reach a compromise previously. So my question is what are our options? Do we have a say in choosing which of our gun stats gets nerfed? Say for eg we choose lesser clip but more firerate or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by N!chola$ View Post
    I disagree with this, yes it maybe the right thing but by doing this you are gonna make most of the veteran players leave. Yes some of them leave because of real life problems, thinking of their future, etc; however, some of them leave because their favorite weapon gets changed (stat wise) and they try to adapt to another gun but can't and quit.

I might just quit in general cuz bar was mentioned in there.

Although I can see where you're coming from...you want the new players to have more of a chance and it to be a little more fair.
    But you also said a while back that you wanted to add a better gun then bar. SO depending if that gun is as good bar or better I'll have my iTunes on hold till then.
    I understand where you coming from
    Ninja[Thatboy]Zayzay_G6 Add me on era

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    People bought these guns or worked for these guns BECAUSE they are OP. Bar is 200k and they used almost $100 just to buy it. Now you are basically scamming them by nerfing it. People spent months or even years to get reward guns. ESPECIALLY spar rewards. If you nerf guns that were earned, you are just going to make more and more people quit spar/pking/basing. Sam you are becoming a total retard with these kind of things. The price of the gun does reflect the stats of the guns. But the M4a3 is 100k and the Gm4 is 187k. So the Gm4 should be better/similar, right? WRONG. The 22.5k wins alone basically make the gun 200k. People with reward guns or expensive/op guns have the right to have the advantage. If people complain about them being so OP, then go get the damn guns yourself. They're extremely good, so why the hell don't you just buy the guns that people earned/bought.
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Ok the changes updated on the first page are pretty much what I have finalised for now. I will most likely be making the updates later on today and will leave them for a week to see how they are. during that week I may be making slight tweaks to buffing/ nerfing certain guns that I missed that are better than certain guns as a result.

A few guns including the UMP45, MP9 and rafficas have had changes just they aren't as significant to post about. UMP45 basically just had a firerate nerf so that it wasn't better than the vector after the changes, same for the MP9 with the Rafor/FOG/SS50 counterpart so they aren't way better than the GM4 etc. And raffica will be getting no statistical changes other than moving the bullet positions slightly to be more even as currently the bullet position sometimes allows for the bullets to both register, dealing 18 damage which is a bug that wasn't meant to still be working.

ESSKEETIT Sottocapo JungleJimmy's Avatar
    Good luck seeing more people leaving combat based things. I'll start a rant about it so people will start quitting. Face the consequences.
    Last edited by Tricky; 05-14-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: lango
    Youtube Channel: Jimmy Graal (RIP)

If you know me,
    And I don't know you,
    Then I guess I'm famous enough!

Leaving era because of these changes,everything is slow firing now it's boring. Congrats on ruining the game
    yo