Page 5 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: READ- Weapon Rebalancing

Quote Originally Posted by BiTzSam View Post
    People don't complain about those guns because they have them and most players are selfish and don't want their guns changed even if it benefits the game as a whole because all they care about is how easy they have it to be able to kill other people as quickly as possible with as little effort
    Is totally the opposite, you're making this reward items be as bad as the stock guns when it shouldn't be that way, whats the point of getting an m4a3 if i can just buy a gm4 which is statistically the same? Whats the point of buying vector if i can just do 285 ctfs and ts and spend no money nor spar. You're bringing every reward gun down to the stock tiers to the point where it makes no sense to earn pks nor spars.

Players get at least 3 ctf/ts per admin hosting, with mere luck you can get 2 ec a day easily from TS and CTF only, that means any player can get the equivalent to vector in a month and a 2 weeks with little to no effort but consistency.
    Every Pro Was Once A Noob.
    Every Expert Was Once An Amateur...
    Growing Bigger Is Just A Matter Of Time
    ATT-

Zephlyn
    I love the idea of having a balance of the guns, so the game becomes based on the skill, not on the money someone can invest on a game. I would really like to see certain guns getting a buff too.

Also it would be nice if you could make it possible to make certain guns difficult to use, but high rewarding when you master them. Such as low freeze, low rate of fire combination.

Name - Shipka
    Freeze - 0.21
    Firerate - 0.29
    Spread - 0.09
    Clip - 20 14
    Reload - 0.15 0.35
    Bullets - 2
    Auto - N
    Stacked - N

Reason- not too much wrong with the gun statistically aside from the extremely low reload time paired with excessive clip size for a gun with relatively high spread, firing 2 bullets. Allows for too much bullet streaming with little to no consequence of spamming constantly. Longer reload/ smaller clip size should slightly remedy that, allowing more openings during reload to engage the user
    This is the only change that I really thing that is not necessary. The Shipka would empty its clip in 7 shots and reload much slower than before, making the Shipka a really slow gun, considering that the freeze of the gun is really high.

Shipka was made for only PK purposes, and adding less clip and more reload time would make it a gun that would kill you really easily on a 1v1 situation (if it was not already difficult to win 1v1 situations with it).

If the Shipka gets nerfed like that, then I think that a fair decision would be to make it stacked or make it a 10 damage gun.
    Last edited by D12*; 05-05-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMagicBae View Post
    Is totally the opposite, you're making this reward items be as bad as the stock guns when it shouldn't be that way, whats the point of getting an m4a3 if i can just buy a gm4 which is statistically the same? Whats the point of buying vector if i can just do 285 ctfs and ts and spend no money nor spar. You're bringing every reward gun down to the stock tiers to the point where it makes no sense to earn pks nor spars.

Players get at least 3 ctf/ts per admin hosting, with mere luck you can get 2 ec a day easily from TS and CTF only, that means any player can get the equivalent to vector in a month and a 2 weeks with little to no effort but consistency.
    What's the point of getting 20k spar wins when all you got was a mask? That's the way it was before reward guns and back then the spar community was significantly larger as sparring was about skill and status, not who has the spammiest guns

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    This is the only change that I really thing that is not necessary. The Shipka would empty it's clip in 7 shots and reload much slower than before, making the Shipka a really slow gun, considering that the freeze of the gun is really high.

Shipka was made for only PK purposes, and adding less clip and more reload time would make it a gun that would kill you really easily on a 1v1 situation (if it was not already difficult to win 1v1 situations with it).

If the Shipka gets nerfed like that, then I think that a fair decision would be to make it stacked or make it a 10 damage gun.
    no the shipka would be empty in 14 shots rather than 20 as it currently is. The stats displayed in this thread show the amount of shots a gun has not the clip

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkEra View Post
    I don't understand, if everyone has the same "bad" weapon, what exactly does it change?
    Much rather, I think you'd agree when I say that the players using the nerfed weapon would prefer to diversify their weapon choice.

One more question; doesn't this mean that the UMP45 and the Morano Thompson would need to be changed as well?
    After all, in one of my previous threads, you mentioned that the Thompson is a practical BAR minus freeze and fire rate by seconds.
    Well as stated in the reasoning behind each of the stat changes, the main thing the rebalance does it tone down the firerates of guns with excessively high firerates paired with an already high freeze rate. Reduced firerates= less spam = more opportunity to dodge = more skill play

Zephlyn
    What's the point of getting 20k spar wins when all you got was a mask? That's the way it was before reward guns and back then the spar community was significantly larger as sparring was about skill and status, not who has the spammiest guns

- - - Updated - - -

no the shipka would be empty in 14 shots rather than 20 as it currently is. The stats displayed in this thread show the amount of shots a gun has not the clip

- - - Updated - - -

Well as stated in the reasoning behind each of the stat changes, the main thing the rebalance does it tone down the firerates of guns with excessively high firerates paired with an already high freeze rate. Reduced firerates= less spam = more opportunity to dodge = more skill play
    Oh well, then I think that's reasonable. Maybe you could buff a bit the guns that are not used a lot, people may give it a try after the new meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xur View Post
    There's no reason to nerf any gun, they're balanced for their price, and nerfing all of them will keep the problem, not take it away. And maybe people spar with gm4/carbine/bar/m4/UMP/Vector and tons more because they're good and are meant to spar with? Just like how chem, flame, aa-12, pbp, bar and m107 are meant for pking. These changes make no sense, and shouldn't take place. Waste of time and effort when you're practically nerfing the entire group of popular guns.

Guns have a price for a reason, and this isn't ol west where it takes 2 seconds to reload. My suggestion is don't nerf, the game is fine and the weapons are balanced for a reason. You can't make it more fair, soon enough starter pistols will be beating bars because clearly price and time mean nothing to you. Listen to the community, put yourself in their shoes, because so far this thread has been all "No's"

Changing the reload completely changes spar, it takes no skill to wait for a reload and rush someone, and no, spar is NOT just carbine/gm4/p2ks, there are tons of reward guns, UMP, m4, sten, shipka, g36 and plenty more that are used, targeting the best weapons is bringing them down to lower tier levels. P2ks are 100k kills and $200k and are worse than bar, yet bar is an open store weapon anyone can buy. Like I said, please make a poll so the community can discuss and decide.
    Hard to continue to argue with you as you are an advocate for p2w play/ keeping the op guns op. Stop looking at the change from your perspective and look at it for the game as a whole.
    For starters you said it takes no skill to wait for a reload. The person waiting for a reload has to either count your shots or take the split opportunity when you reload to capitalise on it. Something hard to do when you control when and where you will reload unless you are spamming all your shots. That's actually a tactic, and requires a lot more effort to do rather than equip an ion carbine/ gm4 and spam box someone in the bottom of the arena

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D12* View Post
    Oh well, then I think that's reasonable. Maybe you could buff a bit the guns that are not used a lot, people may give it a try after the new meta.
    They don't need to be buffed if the stronger guns are being slightly brought down. Otherwise they'd be put on the same level

I don't think ec weapons should be nerfed as they are one of the hardest things to get in the game for those who cant be as active as some. I agree with gm4 because it is easily spammed and you cant do much about that but wait for them to reload. Ion isn't that op i don't think it needs a change iv'e beaten it with m4 its just how some people use it but its easily countered. Bar is fine as it is or maybe not lower the fire rate as much as you did most people have bar now anyway and those with simpler guns like m4 or pdw can beat bar if the player they are against isn't that good. For p2k i disagree that it is better than gm4 on paper yes but in game the gm4 would out spam the p2k plus the p2k has already been nerfed several times. Mtar-x is still a pretty rare gun most who had it quit or don't play as much if theres someone using it in spar and you can't beat them then you should just move to another spar and get better until you can beat it, not many people who base use it and ive seen people using it in base and its not that good, it would be like nerfing the spd gun not many people have it and its not a problem. The rest i agree with but maybe increase shipka clip size to 16? because of the way the gun works you can easily get rushed a higher clip means you will be able to counter the rush after spamming halls or bottom of spar, i think the same for souizen, bag and fmg9 maybe more for fmg9 mainly.

make a poll please.
    And there isn't even a problem in spar now, chem was the only problem. Someone mentioned complex was supposed to have advantages and disadvantages, that's why MULTIPLEX was made
    yo

I'm pretty sure a poll would be a bad idea. This is because the majority of the community just want their own weapons to become over powered, and not a lot of people understand a heck of a lot (myself included) about how to incorporate new weapons into the game, etc.
    my discord is xiv#2549

ok ignore me bitzsam
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiang IV View Post
    I'm pretty sure a poll would be a bad idea. This is because the majority of the community just want their own weapons to become over powered, and not a lot of people understand a heck of a lot (myself included) about how to incorporate new weapons into the game, etc.
    But the forums are about expressing our thoughts remember
    yo