Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't this basically racism?

Malaysia, where the economy is worst than ever

Isn't this basically racism?

The imperfect city of era, filled with players with Different Perspectives , Different Roots, even Different looks.

However, while era is used to the slaughter and murder of its players.
    I have noticed something recently.

The use of the term 'Astro Noob'

This term can be seen being used by players from every inch of era as an offensive term to their victims.

Thus me making this thread, wanting a discussion with the esteem forum users.

Isn't this basically racism? Let's look at the origin of this term.

The term is used to refer to people at Astro's.

A lot of people enjoy hanging out in Astro's. A lot of people enjoy making friends and spending time there.

What triads do these socially-approachable players have to be considered out of the ordinary, and bringing up the term again, be considered 'Astro Noobs'?

A lot of people disapprove of these socially-approachable players.
    I want to discuss that here. And maybe put a stop to it?
    They are players just like you and me.

Posted by Astro noob

Zany
    I mean, it's not horrible. There's definitely much worse things that a player can call you (not to say there should be any name calling). I'm called an "Astro noob" every time I show up at events or am in a public area lol

A lot of players get bent out of shape when they're called things like a "noob", even though the meaning of that isn't really bad. Sometimes you need to grow thicker skin. But it all depends on the context it's being used in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanygraal View Post
    I mean, it's not horrible. There's definitely much worse things that a player can call you (not to say there should be any name calling). I'm called an "Astro noob" every time I show up at events or am in a public area lol

A lot of players get bent out of shape when they're called things like a "noob", even though the meaning of that isn't really bad. Sometimes you need to grow thicker skin. But it all depends on the context it's being used in too.
    No the usage of such words are using associated with the ill intention to tease or insult. Unless it is a friendly banter with a friend, calling someone noob is usually triggers the other person and bring in al sorts of negativity. Everyone just fail to see that most players , especially new ones, mind being called a noob. They assume that they dont, claiming that those who do are just being immature and taking things too hard.

But they aren't the players being called noob. Those who can take it cannot assume that everyone is able to take it. And people do take it to offense. And since people mind, we should stop denying this very fact with reasons such as "its not a bad word", "the dictionary doesn't say its vulgar" or "I was called before and I can take it".

If people don't like it that way, then something needs to be done about it. Such as censorship option etc. etc.
    They don't like it that way, why are we letting it continue?

Players can block a few players , but essentoially its the culture that must be changed.
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

hwaryun
    Americans like hanging out in America b/c they're Americans.

Therefore called Americans.

"Racism"

Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    No the usage of such words are using associated with the ill intention to tease or insult. Unless it is a friendly banter with a friend, calling someone noob is usually triggers the other person and bring in al sorts of negativity. Everyone just fail to see that most players , especially new ones, mind being called a noob. They assume that they dont, claiming that those who do are just being immature and taking things too hard.

But they aren't the players being called noob. Those who can take it cannot assume that everyone is able to take it. And people do take it to offense. And since people mind, we should stop denying this very fact with reasons such as "its not a bad word", "the dictionary doesn't say its vulgar" or "I was called before and I can take it".

If people don't like it that way, then something needs to be done about it. Such as censorship option etc. etc.
    They don't like it that way, why are we letting it continue?

Players can block a few players , but essentoially its the culture that must be changed.
    Um shut up noob

Quote Originally Posted by hwaryun View Post
    Americans like hanging out in America b/c they're Americans.

Therefore called Americans.

"Racism"

Logic.
    He may have used the wrong word.What you said maybe true, it's not racism.
    But it does not entitle you to make comments that obviously seems to mock him.
    The community has too many players like you , which is why it is becoming increasingly toxic. Players mocking whoever they do not agree with, sounds like a perfect formula to start a fight. This calture had better stop.

We are players, so we should behave like we are and not have the mindset of mocking those whom you cannot agree with. That's not how arguing is supposed to be. Nor should it be cordoned in this community.

If you cannot agree with him and you intend to make such comments, then i think the forums is not the place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    Um shut up noob
    If you do not wish to make any constructive responses and you intend to resort to such tactics that obviously highlights the immaturity and the lack of reason in your argument, then it would be best for you to keep those comments to yourself.

What you said is meaningless and is in no way corroborating your argument. If you intend to seek attention or desperate to get your posts count up, this is not the platform for you to do so.

I believe the community will be a better place without behaviours like these.

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    No, it's not racism.
    If you can't take small banter, sucks.
    Personally, I'd say that if it doesn't reference any type of race or sex, how exactly is it racist?

- - - Updated - - -

He may have used the wrong word.
    The community has too many players like you , which is why it is becoming increasingly toxic. Players mocking whoever they do not agree with, sounds like a perfect formula to start a fight. This calture had better stop.

We are players, so we should behave like we are and not have the mindset of mocking those whom you cannot agree with. That's not how arguing is supposed to be. Nor should it be cordoned in this community.

If you cannot agree with him and you intend to make such comments, then i think the forums is not the place for you.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do not wish to make any constructive responses and you intend to resort to such tactics that obviously highlights the immaturity and the lack of reason in your argument, then it would be best for you to keep those comments to yourself.

What you said is meaningless and is in no way corroborating your argument. If you intend to seek attention or desperate to get your posts count up, this is not the platform for you to do so.

Mate, relax, you needn't be so rough, it's just some small banter.

He may have used the wrong word.What you said maybe true, it's not racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut up alrdy and not everyone here is a player damn

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkEra View Post
    No, it's not racism.
    If you can't take small banter, sucks.
    Personally, I'd say that if it doesn't reference any type of race or sex, how exactly is it racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Mate, relax, you needn't be so rough, it's just some small banter.
    Well, whether or not its a small banter is completely subjective. It can be interpreted as an attempt to mock for some, but to others it may be a banter. But it is based on this ambiguity that makes the environment toxic.

If one were to call another noob and the the person being called noob sees it as an insult, he may respond in a harsh manner. Hence why it is only advisable to banter when you know the other person is your friend.

which, in this case is not. Hence, i will take it as an attempt to mock.