Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't this basically racism?

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    You're basically another version of the Winchester brothers but with a better grammar
    That was meant to lyk not u frost

Quote Originally Posted by Grantman20 View Post
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    If this is the case then I would like to demand equality for all s (accidentally deleted this part)
    IF YOU FEEL ONLY ASTRO NOOBS ARE WORTH HAVING THEIR REPUTATION DEFENDED, DOES THAT MEAN YOU CONSIDER ASTRO THE HIGHEST IN THE SOCIAL HIERARCHY? HYPOCRITE! AREN'T ALL SOCIAL CLASSES EQUAL?
    He is a functioning member of society.
    I tot agree, I'm having crippling depression and I want my rights, I want to cuss everyone out and harass them legally.

hwaryun
    I feel like being called an "Astro Noob" has nothing to do with race or ethnicity.

Everyone who is arguing that it's racism: you're taking things we too far and way too seriously lol.

Being a regular @ Astro's is more like an attitude than being part of an inclusive group.

Every time I am on Astro patrol, I cannot believe the amount of swears, slurs and insults being spewed out by a relatively small "population" of the entire game.

It's amazing.

Manager
    'Astro noob' isn't a race. So no, it's not racism.
    If you're offended by something like that, just block the person making that statement towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    If you're offended by something like that, just block the person making that statement towards you.
    Aw cute

It's not really racism..Racism is basically calling someone based on how they look (or possibly on how they act),so maybe not racism otherwise,it's possible that it relates to "Name Calling" though.

Maybe the "Astro Noob" saying is true but it doesn't relate to anything that's racist like Race or Sex.
    "I think I really wanted to take that statue and call it as my Senpai.."

Malaysia, where the economy is worst than ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic132 View Post
    This... is stupid. Isn't there a place where it says specifically, don't report people who call others noob, because noob isn't vulgar/discrimitory or something? This is literally just adding "astro" in front of it. If you really are super touchy about this, then you shouldn't play mmo games. You will always have someone be just a dick everywhere you go. That's life. You can block them if you truly are irritated, but saying that someone is being "racist" because they call people "astro noob"... no.

Plus, just be a suuuuuuuper sarcasticly nice back to them. It's quite hilarious.
    So. You want to make fun of these players.
    Nice. Well done.
    How thoughtful of you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Another social class, not another race.

If you could solve toxicity on the internet, you're a legend but that is out of our power.
    - - - Updated - - -

If this is the case then I would like to demand equality for all social groups on Era.
    IF YOU FEEL ONLY ASTRO NOOBS ARE WORTH HAVING THEIR REPUTATION DEFENDED, DOES THAT MEAN YOU CONSIDER ASTRO THE HIGHEST IN THE SOCIAL HIERARCHY? HYPOCRITE! AREN'T ALL SOCIAL CLASSES EQUAL?
    He is a functioning member of society.

Welp. This just got personal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by junz View Post
    But how many players will you block just because someone offends you?
    Dozens? Hundreds?
    Era is a social platform
    If we encourage Blocking as a solution to every offensive language,then why consider era a social platform. U might as well get rid of public chat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NexusEra View Post
    It's not really racism..Racism is basically calling someone based on how they look (or possibly on how they act),so maybe not racism otherwise,it's possible that it relates to "Name Calling" though.

Maybe the "Astro Noob" saying is true but it doesn't relate to anything that's racist like Race or Sex.
    Have you been reading what i have been writing?
    People are considering astro regulars outsiders,basically of another kind.
    It's basically racism
    The once quiet and non-cancerous writer's corner ain't so quiet and non-cancerous anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostG View Post
    Nice. Well done.
    How thoughtful of you

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dozens? Hundreds?
    Era is a social platform
    If we encourage Blocking as a solution to every offensive language,then why consider era a social platform. U might as well get rid of public chat!

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically racism
    You have taken this thread way too seriously. Getting called an Astro noob is just like getting called a noob. It's mainly specified to people who have customs and date people who hang out in Astro.
    Not giving up. mistakes happen, Miracles shine upon us.
    If you have an issue regarding Graal Era PM a staff member or submit a ticket to support.toonslab.com

Malaysia, where the economy is worst than ever
    Quote Originally Posted by grantman20 View Post
    you have taken this thread way too seriously. Getting called an astro noob is just like getting called a noob. It's mainly specified to people who have customs and date people who hang out in astro.
    but why does this term exist if it refers to people as defined by you. What has those people done to deserve such a bad reputation.
    The once quiet and non-cancerous writer's corner ain't so quiet and non-cancerous anymore.

Nice. Well done.
    How thoughtful of you

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dozens? Hundreds?
    Era is a social platform

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically racism
    You've blown this out of proportion...
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Nice. Well done.
    How thoughtful of you
    Thanks, I appreciate the recognition you are giving me for all my hard work. It encourages me to continue to love my fellow man and not want to reach through the cold, vastness that is the internet and slap the hell out of people who twist other peoples words in order to make them seem like they're discriminating against other people, regardless of their play style, gender, beliefs, or race, and that they aren't just concerned about the mental and emotional maturity of others enough to offer practical solutions to the problems that have been stated.

Wait...