Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Isn't this basically racism?

Ex. Player Relations Admi RenoDorvay's Avatar
    I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
    It's not racist because Astro noob isn't a race.
    I'm not defending anyone who uses offensive language when I say that "Noob" is something people will get called on an online game so there's no point in arguing about it

Legal threats should go through the support center.

Ex. iEra Player Relations Admin - Oceania/Asia. 2011-2017.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” — Mark Twain

But there should be at least some protection for those who will mind being called like that. Such as an option to censor these words. Etc

Sent from my A37f using Tapatalk
    A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    But there should be at least some protection for those who will mind being called like that. Such as an option to censor these words. Etc

Disable public chat

I'm a Cowboy Bay-Bee Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by lyk12345 View Post
    Well, whether or not its a small banter is completely subjective. It can be interpreted as an attempt to mock for some, but to others it may be a banter. But it is based on this ambiguity that makes the environment toxic.

If one were to call another noob and the the person being called noob sees it as an insult, he may respond in a harsh manner. Hence why it is only advisable to banter when you know the other person is your friend.

which, in this case is not. Hence, i will take it as an attempt to mock.
    You're taking it too seriously, relax.
    If someone calls you a "noob", you don't take it seriously lol.
    And hwaryun is actually really helpful, I don't know why you'd get at her for joking around.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkEra View Post
    You're taking it too seriously, relax.
    If someone calls you a "noob", you don't take it seriously lol.
    And hwaryun is actually really helpful, I don't know why you'd get at her for joking around.
    I really appreciate your response to this "astro noob" issue and yes I respect your stand.

However, some things I can accept and some I cannot tolerate. Things that I cannot tolerate include mocking someone's opinion (even though it may be intended as a joke) because this is a blatant disregard and disrespect to another's opinion. The person who started the thread may have used the wrong word, but the point raised by him was valid and it is something everyone ought to reflect on. And perhaps thing of ways to stop this.

I cannot tolerate a toxic environment, I doubt most players can too. So it's best if some things are clarified strictly. Some values and forum ettiqutte must be made clear and hence the serious stance on this matter.

A TAX DOES THE BEST ATTACKS ON UNFAIRNESS.

Lyk would be that noob pr who jails players for saying ez or noob if he got hired

The creaaaam rises to the top!

Lmao its just a game. Everyone be getting triggered nowadays

Just trying to figure out when the word(s) 'Astro Noob' became a race.
    ING: Elflette (Prior)

Ex-Player Relations

I've never heard the term "Astro Noob" before, but I have noticed that people don't like Astro's because a lot of players residing there talk unnecesary trash for no reason. The staff had to add an NPC that says "Please refrain from vulgarity" because of it. The people who use the term "Astro Noob" probably think players at Astro's just stay there and trash talk for the majority of the time they are online. I'm not saying that everyone in Astro's does that, but there are other players who do think that.
    Another note "Astro Noob" isn't really a race. If anything Its just a light insult so just ignore it.
    Last edited by Blitz Canavi; 05-06-2017 at 11:36 PM.