Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New variety of food

Wouldn't say to no to new content, would be nice if they did release new foods. But, it really isn't something that they should be focusing on. I'm sure there's much better things that they can be working on, but if they did decide to make the time to make new food, it shouldn't be for cosmetic changes, but something different such as healing amount, etc.
    Question? Need help? Feel free to message me anytime

Add hummus and cat food
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I know you probably didn't plan on spurring the conversation on changing food dynamics with basing, but this is a good opportunity to discuss it.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a variety of food choices.
    But cosmetic changes shouldn't be the only way they vary -- we could introduce more strategy to basing if we had different food varieties that healed players differently.

Each food item could be one of two varieties:
    1) Gradual heal
    Heal mode: +5HP every 5 seconds
    Cooldown: Player can only consume one every 15 seconds.
    Other effects: None.

2) Instant heal
    Heal Mode: +15HP instantly
    Other effects: Upon consumption, player is slowed down(poison speed?) for 5 seconds

Essentially, both foods types would each accomplish the same end: +15HP gains every 15 seconds.
    But the decision would be made based on situation.

For example, if you can afford to dip completely out of the fight for 5 seconds, you would take food of the 2nd variety.
    But if you're wanting to heal whilst fighting, you would be better off with the first.

There's been a lot of talk about the recent gun nerf, and one of the main reasons it was done was to stimulate basing.
    And while I think that the guns were part of the problem, I think there are other avenues that are just as much to blame for the watered-down basing experience.

Instant-healing food is one of those avenues.
    Those BAR spammers that the nerf has scared into hiding would not have been half as effective if they experienced vulnerability upon shoving their faces with hotdogs.
    The nerf would not have been necessary to anywhere near the degree it was if we looked at other avenues of game improvement.

If the discussion for "operation: improve basing" were to seriously come up, I couldn't respond without mentioning healing (along with instant respawns and terrible base layouts).

It's a good idea, but I would rather see it be done to improve the game's meta, instead of just "it would be cool".
    I like this idea, it would definitely make a difference in basing and require more skill then just running away and healing. Would be better to spend time improving the game then just adding more food for people to eat and would probably never end up buying like the ice cream and other random foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Era should have alot more variety of foods. Currently the most common ones are Hot dogs and burgers. There should be alot more food like:

Chicken Wings
    Maybe a bowl of ramen (I could gani the animation of it)
    Strawberries
    Bananas
    Lasagna

ETC

Instead of making new variety of foods it's better to add newer jobs like making " Ramen Noodles(japanese resto)"or maybe making "Pancake(panceria).
    "A journey of A thousand miles, Begins with a single step."

Got any issues ?
    Do not Hesitate to send me your concerns.

~Stalk me~

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I know you probably didn't plan on spurring the conversation on changing food dynamics with basing, but this is a good opportunity to discuss it.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a variety of food choices.
    But cosmetic changes shouldn't be the only way they vary -- we could introduce more strategy to basing if we had different food varieties that healed players differently.

Each food item could be one of two varieties:
    1) Gradual heal
    Heal mode: +5HP every 5 seconds
    Other effects: None.

2) Instant heal
    Heal Mode: +15HP instantly
    Other effects: Upon consumption, player is slowed down(poison speed?) for 5 seconds

Essentially, both foods types would each accomplish the same end: +15HP gains every 15 seconds.
    But the decision would be made based on situation.

For example, if you can afford to dip completely out of the fight for 5 seconds, you would take food of the 2nd variety.
    But if you're wanting to heal whilst fighting, you would be better off with the first.

There's been a lot of talk about the recent gun nerf, and one of the main reasons it was done was to stimulate basing.
    And while I think that the guns were part of the problem, I think there are other avenues that are just as much to blame for the watered-down basing experience.

Instant-healing food is one of those avenues.
    Those BAR spammers that the nerf has scared into hiding would not have been half as effective if they experienced vulnerability upon shoving their faces with hotdogs.
    The nerf would not have been necessary to anywhere near the degree it was if we looked at other avenues of game improvement.

If the discussion for "operation: improve basing" were to seriously come up, I couldn't respond without mentioning healing (along with instant respawns and terrible base layouts).

It's a good idea, but I would rather see it be done to improve the game's meta, instead of just "it would be cool".
    I like this idea
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Food that has different effects is a great idea, it justifies having different types of food in your hotkeys.

Maybe a food heals you to full health but takes 30 secs and you get slowness for 5 secs.
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    Food that has different effects is a great idea, it justifies having different types of food in your hotkeys.
    True,
    Right now I only have 1 type of food in my hotkeys, and I assume everyone else has 1 also; Although if this is implemented it would reduce the amount of guns in the hotkeys menu so maybe add more hotkey spots?
    Message me any iEra related questions you may have.
    InGame Name: Bruc^ Dorvay
    Hablo EspaƱol
    -2011 Player-

Quote Originally Posted by Brucgraal View Post
    True,
    Right now I only have 1 type of food in my hotkeys, and I assume everyone else has 1 also; Although if this is implemented it would reduce the amount of guns in the hotkeys menu so maybe add more hotkey spots?
    You can buy extra hotkey spots on the top right of the map, I've bought all hotkeys and I have 4 spots that are just filler items. It would be awesome to have food that gives you different effects so you can have a selection in your hotkeys. Imagine fighting someone with a better weapon and selecting food that increases speed for a few seconds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Ace View Post
    You can buy extra hotkey spots on the top right of the map, I've bought all hotkeys and I have 4 spots that are just filler items. It would be awesome to have food that gives you different effects so you can have a selection in your hotkeys. Imagine fighting someone with a better weapon and selecting food that increases speed for a few seconds or something.
    This might be off topic but; this makes me think of potions or elixirs which give you special effects.
    Like -
    Increased movement speed
    Increased health
    Increased damage

You know those effects you get when you get a circle around you then you start to glow in a specific colour.