Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Family" Gangs and other ideas

Gangster Hat "Family" Gangs and other ideas

Family Gangs

Hey everyone, haven't made a future improvements thread in a while.

My idea is to implement "Family Gangs". These Gangs would cost 4000$ to create, and would be able to hold 250 Players.

I know what you're thinking:

1. "Lol wtf 250 people taking on a base that's retarded"
    2. "Gang chat would get so out of control lmao"

Worry not, I've thought about everything.

1. Family Gangs would not be allowed to enter bases, this is obviously to prevent over 250 people from taking over bases, or worse, spam and block people. Same goes for fort events.
    The principal purpose of these gangs is to Roleplay as Crime families, which has become fairly popular on Era as of recently.
    2. Family Gangs would have different chat rooms that could be restricted to certain ranks. For example, there's one chat room for the gang's Leader and other rank 5s, one for rank 4-3s, and one for Everyone.
    You could mute these different chat channels if you so please, and you could also manage the different requirements for each channel if you're the gang's Leader.

Another idea for these chat channels would be announcements, think of these as sticky posts on forums that would advise every gang member of something every time they log on. (Ex: Take over XXXXX's Gang!)
    Think of these as private gang news that only gang members could see.

Another possible idea I've thought of is the addition of a "Declare War" function, with a possible gralat reward for the winner.
    Basically, a family gang could declare war on a rival family gang for territory, which would be a HQ building on the gmap (probably around 10-12 of them). These little Headquarters would be non-pk zones that only the members of the family gang that owns it could enter. If a rival gang declares war, and the other family gang accepts, for 30 minutes on the gmap, whichever gang kills members of the other gang the most gets control of the Headquarters building.
    There would be a 24 hour cooldown for participating in a war, which should help Era not turning into a complete madhouse.

What do you guys think? Do you have other ideas that are worth adding?

As always, thanks for reading.

Click here for my Levels Thread

Join the fun on Era-go.com today

I honestly hate family gangs, I think it's stupid that random people that you don't even know consider each other family. But the war idea is pretty cool I know they already do Wars but it's literally made up rules and stuff so a real war system I think would be a good game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes true, but either way great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This fits more in the concept of mafias..

250 is a lot
    Maybe 35

Quote Originally Posted by imaginary View Post
    250 is a lot
    Maybe 35
    The main purpose would be to create large gangs that have a massive influence on Era (Think Grim reapers or Ebizou before they became a trash noob guild)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjum9694 View Post
    This fits more in the concept of mafias..
    ;^)

Seems like a good idea, but 250 each gang? thats like 1/12 of era's player base, and im sure everyone would want to run their own family gang. There would only be able to be around 12 or so actual family gangs.

Click the Spoiler to see my fan art!
     Spoiler

- 2012 iEra Player -
    - 2013 Era-GO Member -
    - iEra Ex-Player Relations -
    - Era-GO Ex-Moderator (Twice) -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Zanereth View Post
    Seems like a good idea, but 250 each gang? thats like 1/12 of era's player base, and im sure everyone would want to run their own family gang. There would only be able to be around 12 or so actual family gangs.
    Great idea, that's what I was going for.

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    ooohh this is perfect for those mafia people in era with long lame names, dressed in suits. xd
    It's a well thought idea, but like everyone said 250 is a bit much xd maybe 100.
    hmm family huh, could it be possible to have a one large gang house, and having everyone able to donate furnitures for the benefit of the whole family? haha once donated, they cant take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeree View Post
    ooohh this is perfect for those mafia people in era with long lame names, dressed in suits. xd
    Precisely.