Thread: Era needs a port for Steam and Nintendo Switch

Newcomer
    New England (North Eastern United States)

Lightbulb Era needs a port for Steam and Nintendo Switch

Hi again everyone.
    I'm back it again with another crazy idea.
    So here what I was thinking...
    Era should be playable on more platforms.
    I mainly think era needs to be brought to steam as playing through flash on a browser feels outdated.
    This should be easy enough as Era has 1 million + downloads and 49,335 reviews with and an average of 4.4 stars on the play store, as well as overwhelmingly positive reviews on the IOS app store.
    The game should cost around four or five USD and players would have access to houses and customization as well as 1500-2500 grallats or an AK-47 to start.
    I also hope that the steam version would support XBOX ONE or PS4 controllers Using the analog stick to move and the four buttons or the right analog to shoot in different directions)
    I also think that the Nintendo Switch could be a great place to play Era although less probable.
    The Switch version would be a lot like the steam version and would support officially licensed Nintendo controllers like the joycon or pro controller, as well as touch controls for menus.

What it would require

This would obviously require a lot of work but would ultimately pay off for the community and staff alike.
    Era would probably have to update its promotional materials.
    Like updating the icon picture and the one you see when you start the app because it's pretty unprofessional and does not reflect Era at all.
    Side note: You know how in the startup screen there is a guy in the corner saying like 5 shells to enter code shop, I find this way too funny.
    I also think the game needs a new trailer(s) showcasing the game better, community works and the positive reviews I mentioned earlier.
    The Era community is extremely dedicated to the staff could get a lot of help from the Community through contests and what not.
    The new platform(s) should include exclusive hats (much like for IOS and Android)
    I believe this would be an immeasurable amount of work in terms of coding (I don't know tho)
    But I really hope this comes to fruition and could actually be quite possible.

I had that same thought a while back. Era on gaming consoles would be amazing. But it would be a very very difficult task and will most likely never be done because of that.

era can't fund a project like that much less program one graal will only be available to pc and mobile devices and people barely use era on pc the only ones who use era on pc are traders, y8 users, and staff
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

What about ther other Graal servers?

U n d e r s t a f f e d
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by JimmY1809 View Post
    What about ther other Graal servers?
    Era and Classic are really the only ones with potential in the graal servers list and both have small capabilities with what you want
    Discord Me:
    jaala#0029

Quote Originally Posted by Minho View Post
    Era and Classic are really the only ones with potential in the graal servers list and both have small capabilities with what you want
    I won't rule out Ol' West or Player Worlds just yet, they are time consuming and have potential.
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    I won't rule out Ol' West or Player Worlds just yet, they are time consuming and have potential.
    Playerworlds era* before the reset was super fun so I could see it being on a console if graal ever goes in that direction.

ol west, not so much. the player base is pretty dead. 300 players daily I think?
    Last edited by JYGSHELBY; 12-31-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    bigmanbigmanbigmanbigman

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    Hi again everyone.
    I'm back it again with another crazy idea.
    So here what I was thinking...
    Era should be playable on more platforms.
    I mainly think era needs to be brought to steam as playing through flash on a browser feels outdated.
    This should be easy enough as Era has 1 million + downloads and 49,335 reviews with and an average of 4.4 stars on the play store, as well as overwhelmingly positive reviews on the IOS app store.
    The game should cost around four or five USD and players would have access to houses and customization as well as 1500-2500 grills or an AK-47 to start.
    I also hope that the steam version would support XBOX ONE or PS4 controllers Using the analog stick to move and the four buttons or the right analog to shoot in different directions)
    I also think that the Nintendo Switch could be a great place to play Era although less probable.
    The Switch version would be a lot like the steam version and would support officially licensed Nintendo controllers like the joycon or pro controller, as well as touch controls for menus.

What it would require

This would obviously require a lot of work but would ultimately pay off for the community and staff alike.
    Era would probably have to update its promotional materials.
    Like updating the icon picture and the one you see when you start the app because it's pretty unprofessional and does not reflect Era at all.
    Side note: You know how in the startup screen there is a guy in the corner saying like 5 shells to enter code shop, I find this way too funny.
    I also think the game needs a new trailer(s) showcasing the game better, community works and the positive reviews I mentioned earlier.
    The Era community is extremely dedicated to the staff could get a lot of help from the Community through contests and what not.
    The new platform(s) should include exclusive hats (much like for IOS and Android)
    I believe this would be an immeasurable amount of work in terms of coding (I don't know tho)
    But I really hope this comes to fruition and could actually be quite possible.
    steam? maybe, nintendo switch? Nope, since there are no keyboards to communicate on a nintendo switch, although I do love the idea of it being implemented to steam the issue here is that PlayerWorlds needs to make the game compatible for steam meaning that it needs to use the code it uses for PlayerWorlds rather than facebook "playerworlds" if you know what i mean, since facebook uses flash and for a faster experience it needs the main game, that way they (by they i mean Unixmad) needs to accept onto making it compatible with steam which will cost a lot to "convert" and adding a game to steam is quite expensive aswell.
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Oh boy. I can already see the reviews for Era on Steam. I just believe it wouldn't work. The Steam library has tons of great games. From my skimming through the Steam Free-2-Play section, most mobile games that got ported to Steam often gets mixed or negative reviews. Mobile games fill the niche of being able to play games from well your mobile device. That's why I believe mobile games like Era just wouldn't fit in my opinion. Just keep it to the mobile devices, and Facebook. Heck, it can even be better to have a standalone client (not only for staff but regular players as well) that could play Era on their desktops without the need for FB or the Era standalone site.