Was it:
    -Friends
    -Curiosity
    -Motivation through pking/forting
    -Wanting rewards
    -Bored
    -Wanting to be noticed
    -etc...

Post what got you into basing at one point or another...

For me it was Friends/PK/Curiosity

Have a nice day!
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

A mixture of boredom and curiosity

I guess curiosity did kill the cat...
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    curiosity and those basing gangs rec random noobs

So, you're a random noob?
    Formerly known as "AliGamer911".

Big Cheese Sottocapo
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGamer911 View Post
    So, you're a random noob?
    Yes because I had a cheap gun and I didn't know what to do then, I just entered the base and somebody suddenly recruited me.

For me beacuse i'm Bored
    Do not Open
     Spoiler

Disc: NCX#4821

Friends and curiosity.

also because I found purplemoon so cool

A random player was walking by, the gunshots were violent, innocent he was, I tried to pass the road but the gun shots were too much, no money for a revive potion, I tried to run through them but the bases kept blasting bullets everywhere, that player looked at me, eyes with pity, he ran straight for the bullets, grabbed hand and led me behind him, I could almost feel the bullets as they hit him, health draining I jump towards the other side of the road, I looked back and saw the player, my new friend, I named him Bob, Bob lounged on the floor unable to move, then disappeared, he had sacrifieced himself for I, a normal player picking up trash. The bullets killed him, no, the basers killed him, I promised I shall avenge him, REVENGE FOR BOB, so I started taking every base, those basers deserve to DIE
    J-sdfohjsdofjsodjf O-sdfjsdlfhlsdhf E-abfbabf Y-dkfbajdhf. That's what my signature would look like if it was in handwriting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpw...0H1UeXH37nBBCA

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyaudi1 View Post
    A random player was walking by, the gunshots were violent, innocent he was, I tried to pass the road but the gun shots were too much, no money for a revive potion, I tried to run through them but the bases kept blasting bullets everywhere, that player looked at me, eyes with pity, he ran straight for the bullets, grabbed hand and led me behind him, I could almost feel the bullets as they hit him, health draining I jump towards the other side of the road, I looked back and saw the player, my new friend, I named him Bob, Bob lounged on the floor unable to move, then disappeared, he had sacrifieced himself for I, a normal player picking up trash. The bullets killed him, no, the basers killed him, I promised I shall avenge him, REVENGE FOR BOB, so I started taking every base, those basers deserve to DIE
    Dam, RIP Bob
    Ask me anything and ill try my best to answer

I got into basing because on Era PC, the whole server revolves around Basing.
    When I started playing, we didn't have a spar complex; and even when they added it, the community there is so small that it doesn't really divide between "sparrers" and "basers".

It is assumed that everybody bases over there; so much that the term "basing" didn't even exist until iEra's segregation made the distinction necessary.

What I enjoyed about it was:
    1) Comradery. Staying loyal for several years, and rising through the ranks to eventually where I was the one leading the raiding, defending, and recruiting efforts.

2) Competition. Back then, bases didn't have takeover chests; gangs just permanently owned the structure, and raiding another gang's base literally meant sitting in their lobby, PKing their members as they would enter. Often times, gangs would try to discourage us from raiding them by raiding our base, in which case we would clear them out, then go right back and take their lobby again. Very fun back-and-forth competition, always proving to each other who was the best.

3) Continual improvement. Basing was the best way to get good at fighting, because you were always put in positions of being outnumbered. 1 person winning at a 1v4 is something that you don't see much on iEra, because the bases are so cramped here that it's more of a campfest than a fight; people nowadays simply aren't conditioned for that. It was quite common on PC Era in those days; as noted, the fights in old school basing took place in the lobby, which was an open area (save for a few tables, couches, and walls as strategic obstacles). I feel that this generation is being robbed of this sharpening tool -- it's one of the greatest feelings of accomplishment I've experienced on the game, to continually improve and see results when you are weaving between bullets coming from all directions.

I don't base much on iEra, because I don't feel that it is anywhere near as satisfying as those raiding experiences were =D

I'm actually surprised that basing gangs, once they earn a hideout, don't opt to have a "permanent structure" base, which they must defend from others.
    Instead, it seems that they would rather have a nopk zone "hall-of-fame" hideout that does nothing but collect dust.

It would be a much cooler system if those gangs who had earned a hideout would get "permanent bases" to defend against other gangs who had earned these bases.
    They could gain points by merely sitting in their opposition's base, which they could spend on upgrading their current base.

If I were a gang that earned a hideout, this would keep me playing longer -- always striving to showcase our power over the other established gangs with perm bases, while expanding our own base as we gain points. I don't know why people instead opt for a "hall of fame"; maybe it's a generation thing =D.

Then it would leave the other bases (Gz, Tachi, Lethal, etc.) to be fought among newer gangs, so that the newer gangs can have a chance to graduate to a "permanent base".
    Last edited by Meph; 06-01-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    Tune in for live streaming action from gang bases, events, and other iEra activities, with commentary!